Hoop House Killa 2017.

• Thread starter MendoGiantZ
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GrowingGreen

GrowingGreen

I like your brick wall barrrier @GrowingGreen. It's also nice cause it's set down into the hillside a little bit. At one property the road is up higher then our garden and you can look down into it which makes it even harder to block the views in. Hopefully the thousands of dollars I spent on bamboo plants is finally paying off. They are starting to completely fill in and create a "green" wall
Hell ya, that'll work & you can use it too for staking if you need it

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

Just scored all these starts for 15 each. Gonna be way ahead of the other ones but oh welll. I'm scared to put these out yet because it's been 32 degrees at night.
IMG 2528

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

That's a good question. Gonna depend on how big I can get the smaller clones. Gonna pick them up on Thursday and transplant them into 3 gallon pots and veg them in one of the hoop houses until April 1st. I'm thinking 120 for the 95 foot long beds. At the other property probably 100 per 75 foot bed. The big teens are gonna get huge the next month. Hopefully 50 or 60 per 75 foot bed

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

I think I'm gonna stuff the beds this first round and completely fill them up to make sure the canopy fills outs.
These are the strains I ended up being able to get from several different friends.
One quarter will be docs OG that friend has been raving about.
Half of both gardens will be the green crack.
The last quarter is going to be a mix of candy land. Sunset sherbert. The Maui og and the guerilla wreck.
Everyone has been very on point with the babies and going to come through with what they promised. Everyone was one week late which is kinda funny but with these cold nights right now I think it was actually a good thing

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

My buddy with the docs og says he has a huge space we can use to veg for our second round. We will take cuts April 5th or so right before we flower our ladies. We will take tons of cuts while we clean out all the underbranches that normally turn to larf. It should take 3 weeks to be totally rooted. Then put them in one gallons for the next 4 or 5 weeks inside until we harvest on 18/6. They should be totally rootbound in 5 weeks which I'm kinda worried about. But at least we will have big plants ready to go as soon as we harvest.

Last edited:
MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

we emptied all of our 300 gallon bags from last year into a massive pile with a tractor and used that to fill up about 75 percent of the beds.. Then i bought soil from Sequaio landscape in santa rosa for 85 dollars a yard with free delivery.. I had them add in 4 totes of perlite and 4 big totes of coco into the forty yards.... Its okay soil but its not amazing by any means... The beds use so much dirt its crazy.. You were totally right @Bulldog420 we shoulda put stakes every ten feet or so right against the boards to keep them from bowing out.. Were having to go back with a big ratchet strap and pull the sides up and hammer in rebar now :)... you live and u learn-----

Last year and the year before I bought a 2000 pound bag of growilla veg and growilla bud that I heavily top dressed all the plants with... All of those goodies got mixed into the pile.. I have had two soil tests done (i think you were the one to make me do it a couple years ago) and both came back almost perfect....

Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
What else do you feed those plants in previous years? Cause you are right, your soil turned out near perfect. Just growilla or other ferts as well? Compost teas? I bet your herb turned out fantastic with those soil tests. Congrats on the teens as well, I am having a hell of a time getting cuts this year.

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

So in veg I use a lot of cal mag plus. Seawood and liquid fish. All pretty cheap except the cal mag. And I'll use some grow from different companies. ( it's kinda sad but I'm kinda Jewish with my money and the gardens our so big it's hard for me to over use the fertilizers without spending thousands)
For bloom and transition phase I use cal mag plus. Heavy amounts of the growilla bud top dressing. Some seaweed. And I'll buy some other random 5 gallon jugs of bloom from various companies. I can dump half the 5 gallon bloom into one tank and go to the other garden and then dump the other half in so it's not like I give them that much of it. The product I do kinda use a lot of is the maxsea bloom. (Probly what I'm least proud of but it says organic and can actually last for a couple waterings when I buy a 50 pound bag )
Clones can be a complete nightmare @Bulldog420 all of your plans and your season are in the hands of someone else. Last year doing dep for the first time I got so many random plants. This year I planned way ahead and put 1$ deposits down on each clone from a reliable source. After that I always continue to search for teens and plants in 3 " pots or gallons because for an extra couple bucks I get way better plants

jtrey

jtrey

Anyone grown tangie outdoors or in dep before??? After building these beds I think I'm gonna need more plants to fill the whole space. My good buddy has a bunch of Tangie trays I can have but I'm not sure how it will produce.
I threw a tangie cut outside in june last year in a 40 gal I got about 3/4 of a lb if I remember right. Pictures on a dif. computer . Pretty airy plant from what I have seen. Our sour tangie was way more dense and full

jtrey

jtrey

How long are the pvc arch lengths you used? I know you said the beds are 8 ft wide. I am putting together a small dep together and am trying to size everything.

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

The pvc we use is 20 feet long. Basically try and make it as low as you can in the center so it's easy to pull the tarps. We angle it out on the sides so we get more room on the edges and the middle part is lower. We also make the ends super strong because that's the hardest part of pulling the tarp

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

I always tied rope on each end of the tarp, made for easy pulling unless there was early morning condensation on the hoop house which is always fun. Happy Growing!

Top Bottom