Hoop House Killa 2017.

• Thread starter MendoGiantZ
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
Mods are working over time on here LoL! Sounds like you ran into the same problem we did with tea - time constraints. The name of the game is definitely to do things cheap and efficiently these days. No wasted time, no wasted resources. There are a lot of newer products that *supposedly* are like bottled tea but just based on what I know about ACT I remain very skeptical. They also tend to be very expensive and one of the reasons I liked making my own ACT is that it was inexpensive. I wouldn't mind setting up a secondary irrigation system for tea but I don't want to go to all that hassle unless I know for sure it will actually work well.
I try not to mess with posts I think @MendoGiantZ is a good dude and don't get why he gets trolled so much if I ever over step let me know guys I just want to learn and see fat nugs like the rest of yall with out drama

gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
Thx @gravekat303 not sure what I did to him to piss him off so much. I'm really just on hear to learn and share knowledge of cannibus.
I think its greyarea just being salty I've spam banned so many of his accounts his like tips just more crazy and less ass talk

The Terps

The Terps

I don't think an irrigation system of any kind could handle tea with ought clogs. But my watering is automated which gives me the time to do all the other garden work. And I can fit a light hand watering of tea in once every other week on top of my automated watering as a flush day also. But when I was outdoor farmer and life was simpler back then, just a short time ago. Keep up the good work. If trying a second syestem for tea however I would try and get the largest unregulated emitters possible in order to reduce build up of organic debris. And clean water flush lines immediately following use.

Sun Valley

Sun Valley

I agree teas could be time consuming on large grows and irrigation I completely agree with the above. I had a greenhouse running 50 plants on a gravity fed drip system and it would clog up after a few weeks so switched over to doing a hand water once a week and ran my drippers with low molasses and kelp mix the rest of the time until I could get bigger drippers to replace smaller 2L/hr ones. Did more tea foliar feeding when I switched up. Side note- I have read sending your teas through a pump kills the microbes.
Great thread to follow. Thanks

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

I'm switching away from the blue dream. I will probably regret it :). My plans so far are to do 1000 green cracks. 100 candy lands. 100 sunset sherbert. And 400 nightmare cookies. I will do each bed with one strain so I can harvest the entire bed at once. Then rototill it and amend it and replant it.
Shit is that all?just 400 nmc?just growing for personally are we?lmao.

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

This year for the drip system I have the two tanks set up on float valves. One tank is hooked up to the drip system. I will have each bed on its own zone that will be on a timer. Each bed will have 4 or 5 lines going down it of the presssurized emitter hosing that I used last year. The other tank is for fertilizer and goes through the nice pump to give us extra pressure out of the nice non kink garden hose. We haven't hooked up the drip line yet we're just using the garden hose until we have some time to dial it all in

Blaze

Blaze

I agree teas could be time consuming on large grows and irrigation I completely agree with the above. I had a greenhouse running 50 plants on a gravity fed drip system and it would clog up after a few weeks so switched over to doing a hand water once a week and ran my drippers with low molasses and kelp mix the rest of the time until I could get bigger drippers to replace smaller 2L/hr ones. Did more tea foliar feeding when I switched up. Side note- I have read sending your teas through a pump kills the microbes.
Great thread to follow. Thanks

Diagphragm pumps definitely chews up the microbes. In-line pumps supposedly can work. I'd thought about just running quarter inch lines to each pot just open, but then you run into pressure problems. So same issue - hard to scale up. I've always been a little hesitant to foliar with tea because the majority of the studies that have been done on it have found it to actually have a negative effect or no effect when foliar sprayed. Plus then you are running it through a pump again.

Sun Valley

Sun Valley

Diagphragm pumps definitely chews up the microbes. In-line pumps supposedly can work. I'd thought about just running quarter inch lines to each pot just open, but then you run into pressure problems. So same issue - hard to scale up. I've always been a little hesitant to foliar with tea because the majority of the studies that have been done on it have found it to actually have a negative effect or no effect when foliar sprayed. Plus then you are running it through a pump again.
I use one of them hand pump rain wands and walk with that sucker over my shoulder and rain on em. I stop all foliar feeding just before flower.. not sure if that would make a difference on its affect. Going to go read up on it now. Thanks Blaze

jtrey

jtrey

@MendoGiantZ How cold is it getting there at night? I was going to start hardening off my babies but i see its going to still get down to 38-39 a few times this week.... Thinking might keep em in the warm veg room for now. Think the gals can take the cold?

juiceyjay

juiceyjay

Just got my seeds officially ordered. Went with feminized seeds since I'm a little behind to do any sexing. Ordered the last pack of sour kush RP, green Crack from canuk seeds and I got a freebie white widow. Hopefully I get a really nice pheno of the sour kush.

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

@MendoGiantZ How cold is it getting there at night? I was going to start hardening off my babies but i see its going to still get down to 38-39 a few times this week.... Thinking might keep em in the warm veg room for now. Think the gals can take the cold?
Any way you could cover the plants with some cheap 6 mil plastic and throw a litttle heater in your space during the middle of the night. It's supposed to get down to 41 degrees in a couple days here and I'm not worried about it. Anything below 35 would seriously concern me.

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

Everything is coming along very nicely. I just ordered all the rest of the 12 mil breathable blackout tarps. All the plants are starting to take off even with the bad weather coming up. Gonna top all of them and do a bunch of spraying for mites and other bugs as well as powder mold which no doubt will be a big issue this first round.

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

IMG 2623

Top Bottom