hot room

• Thread starter sun
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sun

sun

ive got a 1000w hps & im pulling air from the top of my room with a 8inch vortex .my room hits 90 .anyhow ive got a second 8incher .will blowing air into the bottem bring it to a reasonable temp. or my hood has an opening for an adaptor & lense should i also pull with the second 8incher right from the light open ended .the problem is my light only has 4 inch openings ,that would cause drag for my fan(1st time with a 1000watt & its hot):icon_dizzy:

LordDankinstien

LordDankinstien

I had the same issue I battled it by drawing cool air in down low having a fans push it up into the canopy and with the exhaust I did the same this as you I had my intake for the exhaust up high where all the hot air is pulling it out of the room. Good luck with that.. If I were you I would get new hood that had a minium of 6" flanges I no expert but 4" seems too little for a 1k.

LordDankinstien

LordDankinstien

ohh wow man I just seen you pics after I posted... I would say for sure you will have those heat issue unless you get that hood vented with the can fan you have... what you want is a minimum 6" intake w/a 6" output on that hood. Thats what I used and still had a few heat issues.

sun

sun

thanks for the quick response lord dankinstien ill be saving up for an air cooled hood with an 8 inch opening ,but for now i want to get back to flowering do you think that blowing in air down low with the 2nd 8 inch will solve my heat problem?

sun

sun

im about to s.o.g. 74 of reefermans bohdi satvas i finished 2 in there already & they turned out great i cant evan imagine how much id get out of the deal if the temps were straight

LordDankinstien

LordDankinstien

thanks for the quick response lord dankinstien ill be saving up for an air cooled hood with an 8 inch opening ,but for now i want to get back to flowering do you think that blowing in air down low with the 2nd 8 inch will solve my heat problem?

no the key is to draw new cool air in or your just mixing warm air. If you already have a large passive air intake I would get regular fans because the 8" is gonna move a fuck load of air and possibly cause wind burn on your leaves or it will be so much air flow that it will push the hot air from the top down so watch out for that. Just spend some time in there and try different set up with a few small fans im sure you'll get the temps down to a do able range... ohh yeah you said you flowering if so just run the lights at night when its cool that will help a ton:smiley_joint:

sun

sun

right on regular fans shouldent cost that much mabey ill add another box fan .mabey aim it up at the light ,i dont know mabey play around with it & see if i cant get to work that way before i start spending serious $

sun

sun

also ive got a dial a temp + a speed controler to work with, but ill definatly try the regular fan like you said

B

Buddy Reaper

Hey Sun have you tryed runnin your exhaust ducting horizontally so the hotair can be exhausted without having to be pushed directly down?

Just an idea, all the best :smiley_joint:

sun

sun

1 more ? for the night

is this too much loose ducting i wanted to pull from up high up at the back of the room

DSC02486
DSC02487
jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
re-circulating the air from a 1K hood into the room will not work, well unless you have a nice AC unit attached to the room. You have got to mix air running that much wattage or AC the room, not many choices in the summer, sorry.

jj

B

Buddy Reaper

I thought it would make a difference.

The main problem with ducting is the noise caused by the air thats being forced through it, this noise is much louder when the ducting is loose, but dont cut the ducting until your sure how your going to keep it.

jadins journey's is right, re-circulating the same air is no good, you need an exhaust outside of your growroom & not into the feed of your intake.
The intake should be low down near the floor & the out-take (exhaust) should be up high near the celing, for best results both intake & out-take should be on opposite walls.

Sun can you post us a few pics of your entire grow room showing us the whole setup with its intake & out take if you have one yet?

LordDankinstien

LordDankinstien

I thought it would make a difference.

The main problem with ducting is the noise caused by the air thats being forced through it, this noise is much louder when the ducting is loose, but dont cut the ducting until your sure how your going to keep it.

jadins journey's is right, re-circulating the same air is no good, you need an exhaust outside of your growroom & not into the feed of your intake.
The intake should be low down near the floor & the out-take (exhaust) should be up high near the celing, for best results both intake & out-take should be on opposite walls.

Sun can you post us a few pics of your entire grow room showing us the whole setup with its intake & out take if you have one yet?

This guy has it right since hot air natually flows up its better to have the exhaust going straight out the ceiling if possible.

sun

sun

im growing in a big walk in closet off of the master bed room witch im pulling my passive air in from & ventilating down the hall um i will reread the poasts & poast more pix after i get some coffee in me lol

sun

sun

update & pix

some pix.my doctors recomendation ison my growroom door behind my hat............also my temp in there hasnt gone over 85 since ive gotten help:smiley_joint:

DSC02490
DSC02491
DSC02492
DSC02493
Top Bottom