House & Garden how I saved money!

• Thread starter nightmarecreature
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Frostynugman

Frostynugman

^^ I feel the same way about the aptus line. I recieved seedlings ran with GH and they look like they have less branching, I switched them to mine and they grow they way I want. If you can get the yeild with H&G and aptus and still have the same quality buds/high/taste/yeild. IMO ill let you know asap how my first run was

HottyToddy

HottyToddy

I'll do a price breakdown.

I also forgot to mention, do NOT PH the white vinegar. Flush at three time the container size, then let it sit for 24hrs. Do this because the dissolved salts can over fertilize your plants. After the 24hrs, flush once more with PHed water at 1 1/2 times the container. Now you can feed your plants like normal. This is for Coco coir.

Multizen and Amino Treatment=
Botanicare Vitamino (1 quart $25) 1.50ml small plants 3ml large plants
Dyna Gro ProTekt Silica (1 quart $17) 1.25ml small plants 2.50ml large plants

House & Garden
Multizen 1 liter $42
Amino treatment 250ml $51
Total $93
Substitute $42

Beneficial Biologics offers free samples, direct to your hydro store, It's enough to last a long time. Here's what they give you.
Sea Green, Kelp Logic, Humic, Root Bloom bennies. Great White also offer free samples through plant success.The only thing you'll need to buy is unsulfured molasses at about $3. I also bought 1 gallon of Growmore Seaweed for $20. The growmore works best at 0.75ml a gallon for hydro or coco and will last a lifetime. 1 liter of this stuff is plenty, 1 gallon is super over kill.

Roots Excelurator and
Algen extract= Seaweed (Growmore seaweed 5ml or (beneficial Biologics kelp logic 1tsp) Humic acid enough for 5 gallons. Beneficial microbes, Great White,root bloom, capulators, ect, enough for 5 gallons. Sea Green 1 ml. 1 teaspoon of molasses. Mix all ingredients in 250 mls of water. Then use at 1/2ml-1ml per gallon.

House & Garden
Roots Excelurator
Algen Extract= $3 The rest of the ingreidents are free through Beneficial Biologics. You can make several batches of 250ml with their sample. I just reuse my roots excel bottle and refill with this recipe.
http://www.beneficialbiologics.com/

House & Garden
Roots Excelurator $55
Algen Extract 500ml $35
Total $90
Substitute $3

Drip clean= 10mls White Vinegar per gallon

House & Garden
Drip Clean $45
White Vinegar $3
Total$45
Substitute $3

Magic Green= (Foliar only)Natures Nectar Nitrogen 5-0-0 4ml per gallon and Botanicare Fulvic acid (15ml per gallon). I only like spraying my leaves with organic matter. Salts tend to dry out the leaves and leave white salt residue .

Mix together. Lasts a long time.
Nature's Nectar Nitrogen 1 quart $17 4ml per gallon
Botanicare Fulvic 1 quart $19 15ml per gallon

House & Garden
Magic Green 1 liter $83
Total $83
Substitute $36

Shooting Powder= Mother of all Blooms AKA MOAB

House & Garden
Shooting Powder 5 sachets $60
MOAB 100g $12 Through MOAB 100g sample pack for $12 shipping, includes 100grams of MOAB. Or $18 for 100grams of MOAB.
Total $60
Substitute $18

Grand Total H&G:$371

Grand Total Substitute:$102
(Keep in mind these subs also last a LOT longer than the H&G stuff, saving you more money in the long run.)

HottyToddy

HottyToddy

Great stuff! I run bubble buckets & was just wondering how long to run the vinegar solution before making my feed solution that I change every 7 days? And, how long should I just run water to properly flush in 5 gallon bubble buckets with 10'' net pot lids? Finally, are these solutions ok to mix all together, besides the drip clean, vinegar based alternative?

Thanks so much for any help on this!

Peace, Love, & Happiness

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

I ran House & Garden for 4 years. The quality of the buds were good. However, I think that H&G gives smaller yields. I've run Techiflora,GH and organic soil, all three had way bigger yields. I disliked each nutrient for a reason. So far Im liking this Heavy16, Im noticing less leafy structure and increased growth. With H&G, it was touchy for me, i would get deficiencies if I used additives or too much base or too little. Honestly, in veg, I think Heavy16 is the best stuff I've used so far.
I was considering making the switch as well. Are you using both the veg and bloom? Was toying with the idea of mills nutrients or just going back to hempys which seem to keep plants real stable for me. So many avenues.

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

^^ I feel the same way about the aptus line. I recieved seedlings ran with GH and they look like they have less branching, I switched them to mine and they grow they way I want. If you can get the yeild with H&G and aptus and still have the same quality buds/high/taste/yeild. IMO ill let you know asap how my first run was
I'm an advocate for HG base having a great end product.

N

nightmarecreature

The H&G has worked really well in veg. For flower, it just seemed to be lacking.

I'm just using the Heavy 16 for veg, I ordered the H16 Bud but it's not here yet, I'm not flowering anything else till mid Aug.
I'm running the H16 Prime, but it has not been long enough to say what the results are.

Frostynugman

Frostynugman

I'm an advocate for HG base having a great end product.
It truly is, I dont know what I yeilded with this run with the aptus addies but the bud came out WAY better and still had the house and garden feel to it. Almost done with trimming but I had a Plant that was 6 weeks veg and ran in a 3 gal in coco and I got 145g's from the one plant. she was a smaller plant too. That is my record for a six week veg lil over 4 zips... Ill tune you in on how the rest goes but I HIGHLY RECOMEND running h&g base and aptus, at least once.

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

It truly is, I dont know what I yeilded with this run with the aptus addies but the bud came out WAY better and still had the house and garden feel to it. Almost done with trimming but I had a Plant that was 6 weeks veg and ran in a 3 gal in coco and I got 145g's from the one plant. she was a smaller plant too. That is my record for a six week veg lil over 4 zips... Ill tune you in on how the rest goes but I HIGHLY RECOMEND running h&g base and aptus, at least once.
I run just fasilitor but picked up startboost today to implement.

Frostynugman

Frostynugman

^ Thats where is started for me. ^

Now its like that emoPunk song..

Its all down hill from here.

H

Hydropimp

I just got 2x beliver kits ecozen mass boost and peak boost .

Anybody running aqua flakes in coco with ro?

How any mls and how much mass boost or cal mag? If needed?

Frostynugman

Frostynugman

I just got 2x beliver kits ecozen mass boost and peak boost .

Anybody running aqua flakes in coco with ro?

How any mls and how much mass boost or cal mag? If needed?
They Make a CoCo's A&B dud the mls of everything change on the week your on. Aptus has a nice nute schedule you can look it up on aptusplanttech.com. Figure out what works best for your strains.

DONT USE AQUA FLAKES! your not in hydro, your in a soiless medium

I dont even waste money on ecozen. Massboost I dont use till week 5 and only use twice after that. your gunna need finale boost and startboost those are the others too.

H

Hydropimp

I hear you about the coco formula vs the aqua.

But I have seen other threads with ppl using the flakes in coco.

I started off using the coco but I had ordered a sample pack with the flakes.

Also see ppl using 6ml of a b and nothing else in r.o

But I have to add cal/mag to the 6 ml of a b.

Should I switch back to coco a b?

Frostynugman

Frostynugman

Yes use coco a and b not flakes if you want nice resultsresults

KarmaPharms

KarmaPharms

@nightmarecreature nice post man! I also use H&G (aqua flakes in coco) base and switch adds very similar to u. Quick note, when I bought grow more kelp last time Amazon said is was discontinued(but se suppliers still had some).
I use all the same substitutes as u except bontucare fulvic, I use fulpower and I still use drip clean but I might try that white vinegar sub. Again, thanks for the post man, a lot of peeps will save a lot of money if they take heed to ur instructions.

Confu
Can you use the white vinegar in an airponic system with vegging plants?

KarmaPharms

KarmaPharms

You can also get a sample kit from Botanicare. The samples are free,they let you choose 4 items, but the shipping cost is $16. I recommend Cal/Mag,Fulvic acid, Vitamino, then pick whatever else. That way you have some of the substitutes.
Get the sample kit from Beneficial Biologics for free and the MOAB for $12 shipping. For $28 bucks you will have most of the stuff you need for your subs. You can also get a nice pack of Great White bennies from Plant success for free. It's nice they offer samples, it will allow you to know what you want to run.

I have used Root Bloom and I like it better than Great White. They work seem to work well though. I'm going to try Capulators Root pack next to make my final decision.
Where do you find Capulators?

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

http://ogbiowar.com/
are you looking for nut root and foliare pacs
he has it in small samples and
I swear by the stuff in hydro and in soil the microbiologic root support is
great for health in plants IMHO
fly j

Frostynugman

Frostynugman

Cocos a and b are the same roots changed with amino, I'd ex those and add facillitor and start boost instead are you running hydro?

Latest posts

Top Bottom