House & Garden Nutes., Under Current Systems, 30,000 Watts, 10 Tons of A/C, Co2

• Thread starter Ben Derdundat
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CaliShark

CaliShark

Yay I love UC grows...looks likes it's gonna be a good one. Goodluck and I'm looking forward to watching those trees grow.

K

kmk4eva

very nice way to put it down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! have you ever tryed the cool tubes one of my rooms has 18k vertical in cool tubes went with the cool tubes insted of bare bulbs so i can air cool them i have a 5 ton ac in there but it just cant keep up had to pipe in are other 5 ton unit now its perfect and the ac units cycle on and off cool tubes real dont cool that well they just look cool here is a pic let me know if you can think of a better way to cool them off

Room 2 verticals
Papa

Papa

Supporter
subscribed and excited!

how's that linoleum work for you? you had a lot of corners to work. did they all seal up alright for you?

Papa

deacon1503

deacon1503

Nice UC set up. I like the Cool Coils with the dedicated chiller running closed loop in the Epicenter. Looks like your running with standard spacing? Or are those XL models? The two tall rez's i assume they are r/o and one is nute for top off?

Will u incorporate any myco in the nute schedule? Great White?

Also, keep an eye out for cal/mag defs. I add about 7mls of MagiCal a week when i feed on Sundays and they love it.

Ben Derdundat

Ben Derdundat

kmk4evea
let me know if you can think of a better way to cool them off

you might want to use insulated ducting... in your application it might help. also its all about the temp. of the air that you are moving across the bulbs... I believe that the air needs to be at least 65 degrees to cool your bulbs down to 80 degrees.

decon1503
Nice UC set up. I like the Cool Coils with the dedicated chiller running closed loop in the Epicenter. Looks like your running with standard spacing? Or are those XL models? The two tall rez's i assume they are r/o and one is nute for top off?

Will u incorporate any myco in the nute schedule? Great White?

Also, keep an eye out for cal/mag defs. I add about 7mls of MagiCal a week when i feed on Sundays and they love it.

Standard spacing in my veg. room.. both flower rooms have a custom layout... they are staggered with with 35" spacing between the buckets. Veg room has 8 gallon buckets and flower rooms have 13 gallon buckets.

The resiviors in the rooms are my top off tanks... in my flower rooms they are 115 gal each and my veg. room has two 60 gallon res's. all of the top off tanks are plumbed to my r/o holding tanks and they each are 400 gallons ( see pics).

Yes, Great White is used in my system. I apply it as a crown feed as to not foul my solution.

papa
how's that linoleum work for you? you had a lot of corners to work. did they all seal up alright for you?

The vinyl flooring works great when installed properly... it is all coved 6" up the walls and sealed in the corners and at the seams with PL caulking... Its a polyurethane sealant used for the installation of windows and doors. I have used these floors for over 10 years and have had no problems with them leaking... in fact I have flooded this room to the top of the coving before and it held the water no problem.... It literally was an indoor swimming pool:character0180:

got to get to work will take some detailed pics of the A/C's and the tanks and post them later... let me know what other pics you would like to see and i will post those as well...

VegFlwr Rooms 030
Veg Room 050
VegFlwr Rooms 021
Veg Room 040
H

Headach

hey ben

any reason why you choose house and garden in this run? would love to hear why from a person that have been a farmer for 13yr

one more question what method did you use to transplnt ur plant into the netpots.

thanks

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

Ben

Sick set up Man! I will be setting up a UC system with Vertical Lighting on my next run. Quick question for you. I noticed in your Nute Line up that you have the Algen Extract. Have you noticed a foam build up in your rez using this? I just noticed that since I have cut it (week 3 flower) that I am not getting a foam build up in my rez anymore.

Look forward to seeing this room blow up!

C

casey0404

KICK ASS set up... Probably the most intense set up AC, plumbing and line wise I have ever seen... Is there a reason you went with the 35" centers instead of Daniel's typical 40" centers from UC?
MUCH LOVE

C

casey0404

Also, I noticed your pics on Jack page. It seems like the lights are really high off the plants... Is this cause your trying to "stretch" the girls out, or just for some camera shots. How far off the top of the girls do you usually keep the lights?

M

mrdizzle

so ill its hard to stand, I wont be able to sleep on my stomach tonight due to the perma boner

thetreegrowerrr

thetreegrowerrr

You are absolutley right, but..... I have one (1) 5ton A/C cooling two (2) rooms that each have 12k watts and Co2. Thats one (1) A/C that cools 24k watts and two (2) Co2 burners. The Other A/C Cools my Veg. and mothers rooms with a combined total of about 12k watts and two (2) Co2 burners..... like I mentioned before, Two 5ton units that cool about 36k watts and 4 Co2 burners... Both flower rooms have 12 air cooled lights each and are identical in size and design...

Its all on my first post:sign0023:

ok man makes perfect sense! i thought you had 5 ton for each flowering room...my bad!:doh i love when people build growrooms with perfection great job man everything is so clean and tidy my kind of growroom!
big numbers are gonna come out of here!!

C

Casper

I love the professionalism and cleanliness of your work. The plumbing looks well thought out and very efficient! I am in Michigan and a legal patient allowed to have 12 plants currently but can max out at 72. I have a nice location in a basement to grow that is wide open but I have no experience in properly laying out an efficient grow room, and when I get all of the pieces in place I want to mimick your work as much as I can! Where did you get up those rez's and the stands from and how much if you don't mind sharing? Excellent job dude!!

Papa

Papa

Supporter
I have used these floors for over 10 years and have had no problems with them leaking... in fact I have flooded this room to the top of the coving before and it held the water no problem.... It literally was an indoor swimming pool

well done! it's cheap, wears well, solves the spill issues, and comes 12' wide. very nice solution.

Papa

A

AkasiaImNooB

hey, i'm using H&G Coco A&B right now, do i need to flush with this solution? and do i need to feed this every time i feed? or can it be nut water - plain water - plain water - nut water? looking for some tip growing with this nut.

B

BlueRhino

One question so far... What is the equipment being chilled by your 2hp chiller? Seems overkill for just your brain bucket chill rings.

Ben Derdundat

Ben Derdundat

The Answers... Well.. The Best Ones I Have Anyway..

Headach;391937]hey ben

any reason why you choose house and garden in this run? would love to hear why from a person that have been a farmer for 13yr

Lets see, where to begin... William Van De Zwaan, The man behind House & Garden, is also the man behind Bio-Bizz and Canna. Three great Dutch nutrient companies. He first started Bio-Bizz in partnership with General Hydoponics and later sold the company because he and GH did not see eye to eye on things. Then he whent on to start Canna with another group of investors and sold his share of the company to start House & Garden.... Before any of this William Van De Zwaan had (and might still have) a very successful consulting firm in the Netherlands that many dutch farmers, both hydroponic and conventional, confided in to help solve whatever problems they might be having. During this time he was able to see what actually worked and showed results along with picking up many trade secretes over the years.... Now to present date... From what I understand House & Garden currently manufactures and bottles Canna's nutrients in their facility. That information alone drew me to House & Garden but these facts are what sold me...(1) Roots Excelurator is by far the best the industry has seen yet for healthy root development hands down. Just look around this site and see how many top farmers have Roots Excelurator in their schedules. (2) Shooting Powder in my opinion is one of the best blooming stimulants out there as well. Trust me I have used them all, Bud Blaster, Big Bud, Kushie Kush, Monster Bloom, Phosphoload etc. etc. and Shooting powder puts them all to shame period! (3) Last but certainly not least is the ease of use with House & Garden. At the very most you only have 5 inputs to add to you reservoir and if you use Great White (I do) then there is 6 at the very most. I was using Advanced for a while and I was adding upwards of 15 to 20 different inputs at any given time. Looking back on it now Advanced was a complete waste of time and money. Another company that I think is a complete rip off is Humboldt Nutrients... Have you seen all the crap they are trying to push?!?!? Other nutrients that I have used over the years are General Hydroponics, Super Natural, Botanicare, B'cuzz, Canna and Dutch Master. While these companies do show decent results (some better then others) I have had most of my best results with House & Garden. Ask anyone on here that uses House & Garden and I'm sure they will tell you the same.

one more question what method did you use to transplnt ur plant into the netpots.

I'm not quite sure of exactly what your question is but I hope this answers it... I started my cuttings in 50 site sheets of 2x2 rockwool cubes. once rooted then i trans planted into 2x4 rockwool cubes. once rooted through those I then trans planted them into the net pot that came with my Under Current systems along with Hydroton.

CelticEBE;391996]Ben

Sick set up Man! I will be setting up a UC system with Vertical Lighting on my next run. Quick question for you. I noticed in your Nute Line up that you have the Algen Extract. Have you noticed a foam build up in your rez using this? I just noticed that since I have cut it (week 3 flower) that I am not getting a foam build up in my rez anymore.
No, not any foam build up to speak of... One thing I will recommend is that you follow the instructions verbatim on the House & Garden feed charts. Add Aqua Flakes A mix well and let settle, Next add Aqua Flakes B mix well and let settle, Then Set Your PH to 5.8, finally add the appropriate stimulants i.e. Algen Extract, Roots Excelurator, Top Booster, Bud Excel, Shooting Powder, Drip Clean. Adding PH up or down after you have added you stimulants will cause your reservoir to foam. Especially in the Under Current.

Look forward to seeing this room blow up!

Right On! Stay Tuned... The best is yet to come!

KICK ASS set up... Probably the most intense set up AC, plumbing and line wise I have ever seen... Is there a reason you went with the 35" centers instead of Daniel's typical 40" centers from UC?
MUCH LOVE

Thanks a bunch. I really do appreciate all the compliments. As for my lay out I have a staggered pattern in my flower rooms so I actually have a little more space then the standard 40" layout. To answer you question though it is due to the size of my rooms.

Also, I noticed your pics on Jack page. It seems like the lights are really high off the plants... Is this cause your trying to "stretch" the girls out, or just for some camera shots. How far off the top of the girls do you usually keep the lights?

I moved them up to take the pics.They are on a winch system. I'll get some pics up... durring veg. and into flower I keep my lights about 12"-14" from my plants and when they are about in week 5 of bloom I move them up to about 18" from the top of the plants.

so ill its hard to stand, I wont be able to sleep on my stomach tonight due to the perma boner

HaHaHa! Get some duct tape for that thing:tmi

ok man makes perfect sense! i thought you had 5 ton for each flowering room...my bad!:doh i love when people build growrooms with perfection great job man everything is so clean and tidy my kind of growroom!
big numbers are gonna come out of here!!

Right on brother. Thanks for the vote of confidence:handshake

Holy shittt

I'm not sure if its holy... But it sure is a lot of shit:icon_dizzy:

Just Silly... Outstanding! Pull'n a Chair...

Make sure its comfortable, near an ice chest of beer and a bong... I have a feeling this is going to be a long one:animbong:

I love the professionalism and cleanliness of your work. The plumbing looks well thought out and very efficient! I am in Michigan and a legal patient allowed to have 12 plants currently but can max out at 72. I have a nice location in a basement to grow that is wide open but I have no experience in properly laying out an efficient grow room, and when I get all of the pieces in place I want to mimick your work as much as I can! Where did you get up those rez's and the stands from and how much if you don't mind sharing? Excellent job dude!!

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!
I Ordered the reservoirs (Inductor Tanks) From http://www.plastic-mart.com they come with the stands. Can't remember how much they were each I ordered 6 at one time. One thing to consider though, is that these things get delivered on a big semi truck. I wouldn't want to be off loading these things in front of my house that's for sure. Hell I didn't even want them delivered to my warehouse. I had the hydro store that I shop with take the delivery for me. Luckily they are very accommodating where I shop.http://www.familyhydroponics.com. every one of their stores carry House & Garden. check 'em out! They have stores all across the nation.

Papa;392394]well done! it's cheap, wears well, solves the spill issues, and comes 12' wide. very nice solution.

Yes! and on top of that you can have some killer break dancing competitions too!:boogie:

hey, i'm using H&G Coco A&B right now, do i need to flush with this solution? and do i need to feed this every time i feed? or can it be nut water - plain water - plain water - nut water? looking for some tip growing with this nut.

With House & Garden you shouldn't have the need to flush if you are running Drip Clean... Yes! you should feed with House & Garden every time!

One question so far... What is the equipment being chilled by your 2hp chiller? Seems overkill for just your brain bucket chill rings.

well, As of the moment I have 8 Cool Coils connected to my chiller with a total of about 800 gallons of water/ nutrient solution being chilled by them. It is slightly over sized due to the fact that I plan to expand my operation. This particular Chiller is Manufactured by Chill King and distributed through Hydro Innovations. It is rated to cool 28,000 Btu. the equivalent of about 8 1k watt lights.

Word! now I just need some sponsors... House & Garden are you there?:rofl

Latest posts

Top Bottom