NewOldGuy

NewOldGuy

Crimea blue, mostly indica
55-60 flower time they say
Coco
Cfl
12/12 on June 2

Hello, first timer here...

I have made a lot of mistakes so please bear That in mind. I'm close to harvest and buds are small, only like 1.5 inch wide....

So I'm thinking it won't take long to dry. I should be able to have 70-74 deg with 55-63 humidity.

What I'm wondering is being small can I still use the technique of a slight squeeze to feel for moisture?

I've read a real lot about this and plan on trying several methods for the whole dry and cure.

If you got any common first time mistakes I should avoid please let me know.

Thanks!
How can i save this harvest 2

How can i save this harvest

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Coco
Cfl
12/12 on June 2

I have made a lot of mistakes so please bear That in mind. I'm close to harvest and buds are small, only like 1.5 inch wide....

So I'm thinking it won't take long to dry. I should be able to have 70-74 deg with 55-63 humidity.

What I'm wondering is being small can I still use the technique of a slight squeeze to feel for moisture?

I've read a real lot about this and plan on trying several methods for the whole dry and cure.

Thanks!
View attachment 718778

View attachment 718777
Looks like they have a few weeks to go yet.

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

check the stem when hanging u wand it to bend just slightly and not snap then cut down

GanjaNGains

GanjaNGains

Coco
Cfl
12/12 on June 2

Thanks!
View attachment 718778

View attachment 718777

Buds are looking good my friend but yes more time is needed before finish. Be careful of over drying no coming back from over dried buds. Leave nugs on stems while drying and bend stem when it cracks the buds are ready to go into the jars

IMG 5305
Organikz

Organikz

I've definitely learned to cure with stems. Stems are loaded with terpenes. I use the hygrometer method. "The perfect cure every time"

I always dry with fan leaves on. A nice slow dry is the start of the curing process. I also tru to avoid gettimg chlorophyll on the buds.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
I've definitely learned to cure with stems. Stems are loaded with terpenes. I use the hygrometer method. "The perfect cure every time"

I always dry with fan leaves on. A nice slow dry is the start of the curing process. I also tru to avoid gettimg chlorophyll on the buds.
Have you tried a jerky maker on low setting?

NewOldGuy

NewOldGuy

Buds are looking good my friend but yes more time is needed before finish. Be careful of over drying no coming back from over dried buds. Leave nugs on stems while drying and bend stem when it cracks the buds are ready to go into the jars
Ok, great advice.... I do have this question as I've never never read it exactly. When putting into jar how much stem do I leave? Like in your picture when you jar them will you cut all buds off leaving as little stem as possible, even on the bigger stems that won't be as dry as smaller ones?

NewOldGuy

NewOldGuy

Thanks for comment... To avoid chlorophyll I believe I need darkness all the time, right?

Also when you cure with Stems do you mean you jar them with as much stem as you can?

NewOldGuy

NewOldGuy

On another note that looks like landscape fabric? Correct? (What the buds are on)

GanjaNGains

GanjaNGains

Ok, great advice.... I do have this question as I've never never read it exactly. When putting into jar how much stem do I leave? Like in your picture when you jar them will you cut all buds off leaving as little stem as possible, even on the bigger stems that won't be as dry as smaller ones?

Yes once ready to put in jars cut as close to nug as possible. A lil trick I use that can save u is save some of the bigger thick stems and put in a jar all by themselves, the reason being is say u accidentally over dry by letting jar open to long and you need to add moisture back in drop one or two stem cuts in there to add humidity back into the buds Iv done that a few times where I medicated to much and forgot I was curing lol and left the house only to come back to buds more dry then I would have like lol

GanjaNGains

GanjaNGains

On another note that looks like landscape fabric? Correct? (What the buds are on)

Yes I believe it is and honstly I would use the plastic screens for a window instead of that fabric easier to clean and the bugs seem to not want to hold on the the plastic screens as much also tears are less frequent that's if u were to go with that method those screen like in the pic stack 4 high and then go into a dry box for a few day. The hanging method just isn't available to me and my space so I dry that way

Top Bottom