How Can I Save This Is Grow?

• Thread starter NewOldGuy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
NewOldGuy

NewOldGuy

You can grow with Cfl's.
Agrobrite has some full spectrum 125 and 200 watt setups.
I use 1 200watt cfl under a hood and supplement that with 3 40 watt 2700k cfl bulbs
Also, when you say this b
"40 watt 2700k cfl" could you please provide a good example I could find? Much appreciated!

Tat2420

Tat2420

Also, when you say this b
"40 watt 2700k cfl" could you please provide a good example I could find? Much appreciated!

2700k is the "light temperatute"
Higher on the spectrum for veg, low for flower.
I'll add 3 more 40 watt bulbs after flip.

Tat2420

Tat2420

Yep. Only upgrade the bulb to the 200 watt.
Right now I'm at 13 inches above plant. Never an issue. My nodes are about 1/2 inch apart. Heats easy to control.

Since im.just doing the one indoors in works really well.

Plant is 54 days old

NewOldGuy

NewOldGuy

This is really great stuff your providing... i'm taking notes and taking names!

My goal will be to pretty much duplicate exactly what you/ohters got for successful cfl... in a not to tall area, i've got 5 feet floor to ceiling.... if I can....I' gonna put a list together an post later... got other stuff going now... hopefully later today.

Thanks again... this is the encouragement i need to press on after failure.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
First time...
Ok so 16 days old today
Coco soil and canna fert
Barney Crimea blue
71 deg avg. 60% avg
Topped 2 days ago
About 17 inches now
These guys are not bushy and it's most likely my fault I have some LED lights that might not be the best I'm not sure how to save these guys to get some buds. not really sure what to do, how to lst them if pssbl now?

If you have very specific advice I would be happy. I only have about 6 inches left in room, up that is......

I just can't visualize how to train or what to bend or how to move these around that i can get the more of the colas that I've read about to produce some but I'm not an ignorant person I'm just kind of new at this and don't seem to be doing very well I'm not young either so I got a lot of experience and things just not this. Your help is greatly appreciated thanks for your time and have a great day.

Look close after 1st node stem gets. Thicker?

Lights are:
TaoTronics 24w Led Grow light Bulb , Grow Plant Light

View attachment 695808 View attachment 695809
Ya.. bend her in half and tie down

NewOldGuy

NewOldGuy

Ya.. bend her in half and tie down
Ok, I'd like to try that. So I bend in half, that will put the top close to side. Just go with that or do you see a future for the plant I'm not seeing?

Thanks for the help, I'm trying to visualize how to work with it bent in half and in doing so what I want it to look like. Can u help me see that?

I hope I'm making sense....

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Ok, I'd like to try that. So I bend in half, that will put the top close to side. Just go with that or do you see a future for the plant I'm not seeing?

Thanks for the help, I'm trying to visualize how to work with it bent in half and in doing so what I want it to look like. Can u help me see that?

I hope I'm making sense....
Youll get a lot more pot if you train... try to make top 1/3rd of the plant bend over every day in veg

NewOldGuy

NewOldGuy

Youll get a lot more pot if you train... try to make top 1/3rd of the plant bend over every day in veg
Am I bending every day a little? With a goal of 90 deg?
Or what degree? Just trying to see in my mind.

You time is greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter

Thanks!
The goal is to block growth auxins. . Some pinch the stem and soften it...some bend it over... the main idea is to stop the tall branch so the side branches catch up to the top... giving you more colas.. working the tall/top one daily will give you an idea of how the side branches work

GanjaNGains

GanjaNGains

Thanks!

When I train my plants just a lil every day until they take the shape I'm looking for don't want to snap any branches lol supplementing with silica will help this process by making branches more felxable

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
NewOldGuy

NewOldGuy

2700k=warm white
5500k=bright white/full spectrum
6500k=daylight white
The higher you go on the K scale the more blue the light, the lower the number the more red the light will be. Veg plants like blue spectrum, flowering plants like red spectrum, its best to have a mix of both.
https://www.1000bulbs.com/category/400-watt-equal-compact-fluorescents-2200K/
https://www.1000bulbs.com/category/600-watt-equal-compact-fluorescents-5000K/
Smaller cfls will work but those are just cool.
Thanks for the intel man! I'm trying to absorb......

NewOldGuy

NewOldGuy

I'm doing pretty well.. I've bent the plants and they are responding well.... funny thing they have for the most part stopped getting taller! good thing huh! Now i'm working to add the main bulb you mentioned...

I've got the bulb on the way and I'm wondering about placement of the additional 3 you use? I'm pretty sure i've only got space to add only 2, so how do you organize those bulbs together, especially with a reflector for the main one? Maybe this one:
https://www.amazon.com/Apollo-Horticulture-Compact-Fluorescent-Fixture/dp/B00L4KXWOG

if you could provide me a tip on bulb placement that would be great!

Thanks again for everyone's' time....

Tat2420

Tat2420

The foot print with that hood is gonna be a bit wide. I would bend the wings down slightly. You can place these bulbs within a few inches of the tops. Just feel for heat.
I keep mine centered at about 13 inches...any closer and my nodes were too tightly stacked in my opinion so I raised light to get a little stretch in the veg.
1 light is about enough for a single plant...you may need to supplement so plan accordingly.
I don't care for your choice of reflector...im not a fan of the dimpled especially with cfl...polished mirror surface works better...again just my opinion as I have no evidence other than experience.
Anyway, it's better than nothing and affordable...

Top Bottom