• Tagged users None
Frego

Frego

Tried the search function and found nothing

My soil has a ph of 7
Any of you guys have proven methods to bring down ph
I’m getting a ph meter today to test water and get a better reading of the soil
I’ll be going to the store to get some PH-
Will getting my water at 6 do the job and over a bit of time to soil will adjust/ if my water is already at 6
What should I do from there?

How did everyone bring there ph down
Last edited:
JSH1973

JSH1973

Supporter
I just use white wine or apple cider vinegar to bring the ph down to where I want it and water the plants, both for Coco and Soil.
I've only been doing this with Canna Coco Pro Plus and Canna Terra Pro Plus soil and only using the Canna Nutes designed for the grow medium so keep that in mind before using it in other soils or Coco.
I have also started using Ecothrive Charge and Ecothrive Biosys and plants seem to love it.
Happy growing 🙂

Frego

Frego

I just use white wine or apple cider vinegar to bring the ph down to where I want it and water the plants, both for Coco and Soil.
I've only been doing this with Canna Coco Pro Plus and Canna Terra Pro Plus soil and only using the Canna Nutes designed for the grow medium so keep that in mind before using it in other soils or Coco.
I have also started using Ecothrive Charge and Ecothrive Biosys and plants seem to love it.
Happy growing 🙂
Thanks for the reply brother with the apple cider vinegar how would I dilute 1ml/L then water with every watering for 3 weeks?

Frego

Frego

I would just top dress with un-limed 100% peat. Usually around 5.0 to 5.5 pH. Couple handfuls should start dropping it.
Ok great advice thanks brother then water as usual?
Will the 5.5ph be enough will the plants like that?

Homesteader

Homesteader

Are you in the US or Canada? Peat shouldn't be too hard to find in small amounts if so. It is also called spaghnum moss. Box store like Lowes or Home depot?

Homesteader

Homesteader

Plan'ts wouldn't like 5.5 pH by itself but if you need to bring a 7.3 pH soil down to 6.5 then you need something like peat that runs around 5-6 pH. Scratch in a bit on the top and mix it in with the old soil.

JSH1973

JSH1973

Supporter
Thanks for the reply brother with the apple cider vinegar how would I dilute 1ml/L then water with every watering for 3 weeks?
You would need a PH meter because it depends on the PH of the tap water or other you start with, mine is close to PH 8 and EC 250, 40 ml vinegar per 10 L usually brings it down to around PH 6

growsince79

growsince79

Tried the search function and found nothing

My soil has a ph of 7
Any of you guys have proven methods to bring down ph
I’m getting a ph meter today to test water and get a better reading of the soil
I’ll be going to the store to get some PH-
Will getting my water at 6 do the job and over a bit of time to soil will adjust/ if my water is already at 6
What should I do from there?
What kind of soil is it? Sounds like you don't need to do anything. You might need some ph up. If the water is already 6.0, nutes will make it way too low.

Frego

Frego

Are you in the US or Canada? Peat shouldn't be too hard to find in small amounts if so. It is also called spaghnum moss. Box store like Lowes or Home depot?
Brother I’m none of the above
Where I am it’s hard getting the quality stuff I see you guys write about
Fox farm.. one can dream
I did 1/4 manure
3/4 Organic Potting mix
Shot of bonemeal
Shot of fish blood and bone
Shot of coffee grounds

Think I’ll try what @JSW1973 suggest
White wine vinegar
40ml/10L
I was stirring to that anyway but I want to get my soil right first will just adding PH6 water do that of time??

however I’m using spring bottled water so I’m yet to k ow the PH yet I’m picking up a used PH pal pen
Fingers crossed it’s calibrated to check my water

however let’s say the water is at 6 my seedlings are at day 9
Shouldn’t the soil have settled by now

my medium mix is hot but shouldn’t think to hot

Frego

Frego

What kind of soil is it? Sounds like you don't need to do anything. You might need some ph up. If the water is already 6.0, nutes will make it way too low.

I did 1/4 manure
3/4 Organic Potting mix
Shot of bonemeal
Shot of coffee grounds

but look
06C3486C CEB7 4B12 96F3 D49D3B5392C3

However look at my prongs

EC863B18 2D4E 454D 80E1 6951EE49C579
Frego

Frego

You would need a PH meter because it depends on the PH of the tap water or other you start with, mine is close to PH 8 and EC 250, 40 ml vinegar per 10 L usually brings it down to around PH 6
Sooo if I dial in my PH of the water which I’ll be checking today

for example let’s say it’s already 6PH
Where do I go from there regards to dropping the soils PH

HOWEVER today I will be checking the soil with that soil and water method in a cup and my freeding water

BUT like I said I’m just going off my 10year old rusted PH prongs

growsince79

growsince79

Brother I’m none of the above
Where I am it’s hard getting the quality stuff I see you guys write about
Fox farm.. one can dream
I did 1/4 manure
3/4 Organic Potting mix
Shot of bonemeal
Shot of coffee grounds

Think I’ll try what @JSW1973 suggest
White wine vinegar
40ml/10L
I was stirring to that anyway but I want to get my soil right first will just adding PH6 water do that of time??

however I’m using spring bottled water so I’m yet to k ow the PH yet I’m picking up a used PH pal pen
Fingers crossed it’s calibrated to check my water

however let’s say the water is at 6 my seedlings are at day 9
Shouldn’t the soil have settled by now

my medium mix is hot but shouldn’t think to hot
If your just giving plain water under 50ppm, the ph doesn't matter one bit. If you add nutes to it, then ph matters.

Frego

Frego

You shoud definitely add 20% perlite.
How would I do this now work it in from the top??
Till about half way down staying away from the roots??
I can see run off so drainage may not be a issue
+ I can see run off but how would I work it in because they are in there final Pot

with the ph meter I agree

Frego

Frego

If your just giving plain water under 50ppm, the ph doesn't matter one bit. If you add nutes to it, then ph matters.

just want my PH right so I can cross that off the list so when stuff goes wrong
And plants thrive in 6 and mines 7/8
A recepie for disaster

10E8A027 E51E 4AE1 9968 BF6D094EE78B
growsince79

growsince79

How would I do this now work it in from the top??
Till about half way down staying away from the roots??
I can see run off so drainage may not be a issue
+ I can see run off but how would I work it in because they are in there final Pot

with the ph meter I agree
I forgot you already planted. Too late now, but when you transplant you could.

Latest posts

Top Bottom