I did 1/4 manure
3/4 Organic Potting mix
Shot of bonemeal
Shot of fish blood and bone
Shot of coffee grounds

Think I’ll try what @JSW1973 suggest
White wine vinegar
40ml/10L
I was stirring to that anyway but I want to get my soil right first will just adding PH6 water do that of time??

however I’m using spring bottled water so I’m yet to k ow the PH yet I’m picking up a used PH pal pen
Fingers crossed it’s calibrated to check my water

however let’s say the water is at 6 my seedlings are at day 9
Shouldn’t the soil have settled by now

my medium mix is hot but shouldn’t think to hot
I think your best advice so far is here from @growsince79 :
What kind of soil is it? Sounds like you don't need to do anything. You might need some ph up. If the water is already 6.0, nutes will make it way too low.

I would collect your run-off water and pH that. If your pH is too high, then the top dressing of sphagnum moss or coffee grounds would bring the pH of the soil down. Vinegar is really not a good method of bringing the pH down in my experience.

growsince79

growsince79

I would collect your run-off water and pH that. If your pH is too high, then the top dressing of sphagnum moss or coffee grounds would bring the pH of the soil down. Vinegar is really not a good method of bringing the pH down in my experience.
I never had to bring a ph down. The nutes do that. I add silica to increase ph.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

What is that potting soil?
Plants in soil don't thrive at a pH of 6.0. They will grow in that but your pH target of the soil should be between 6.3 and 6.8 with the sweet spot being 6.5. If your soils is accurately pH'd by your meter (I question that it is), then you are not horribly out of range (assuming that it's 7.0) You should verify it by taking a pH reading from your run-off like I stated in my last post. If the run-off of water only (no nutes) is 6.0, something is dropping its pH and it tells me that your soil reading from your meter is not correct. (Not your fault, those meters are not very accurate).

Frego

Frego

Plants in soil don't thrive at a pH of 6.0. They will grow in that but your pH target of the soil should be between 6.3 and 6.8 with the sweet spot being 6.5. If your soils is accurately pH'd by your meter (I question that it is), then you are not horribly out of range (assuming that it's 7.0) You should verify it by taking a pH reading from your run-off like I stated in my last post. If the run-off of water only (no nutes) is 6.0, something is dropping its pH and it tells me that your soil reading from your meter is not correct. (Not your fault, those meters are not very accurate).
My bottled water is at 7.5 it reads in the label and the soil looks like it’s at the same

4048E020 7098 4F65 B0AB 0F126624272A
D23DAAB1 067B 4FA4 858F 2147000976A9
Frego

Frego

I never had to bring a ph down. The nutes do that. I add silica to increase ph.
I’ve added a few bits in my soil

bonemeal
Coffee ground to name 2

think I won’t be using nutes for that fact if I will it be half doses then half that again

I think that should last the autoflowers life plus this is my first grow so just finding my feet

Frego

Frego

seen nothing

What is that potting soil?
Organic with added seaweed extracts..
beginning to question will that bi good or bad my soil may be a bit hot

Frego

Frego

Ok I will test run off when I water next for the time being, like I said the bottled water is a ph of 7.5 so I’ll be lowering that
Then I’d test run off after a few waters??
Went to the hrdro shop them kind people calibrated it for free

but the man said in there the soil ph should settle after a few waters on its own??

9BE309D1 C8BA 42FC AC2F D81DD8CBE1B8
Slickrick82

Slickrick82

My bottled water is at 7.5 it reads in the label and the soil looks like it’s at the same
Ph down the water u given it. To were u want it . or maybe flush the soil a bit check the run off to see were it's at or I think it was lime powder think it was also will help to bring down ph in soil

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Ok I will test run off when I water next for the time being, like I said the bottled water is a ph of 7.5 so I’ll be lowering that

but the man said in there the soil ph should settle after a few waters on its own??
That would depend on the buffering of the soil mix. Keep in mind, if the soil is bone dry out of the bag, it seems to take longer for the buffering action to begin. Also, not all soils are equal when it comes to buffering and the product's pH.

Your guy at the hydro shop isn't "wrong," it's more like a generalized answer that has truth to it. The time it takes for buffering depends on several factors beyond just watering for a few cycles and the most accurate answer considers those factors too.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Ph down the water u given it. To were u want it . or maybe flush the soil a bit check the run off to see were it's at or I think it was lime powder think it was also will help to bring down ph in soil
Lime will raise the pH. Garden lime should never be used in an indoor cannabis grow. Dolomite lime would be what you would want to use to RAISE your soil pH. If you need to lower the soil pH, then sphagnum moss would likely be your "go-to." However, best practice is to know your soil pH before placing any plants in it.

Slickrick82

Slickrick82

Check whats in the water also
Lime will raise the pH. Garden lime should never be used in an indoor cannabis grow. Dolomite lime would be what you would want to use to RAISE your soil pH. If you need to lower the soil pH, then sphagnum moss would likely be your "go-to." However, best practice is to know your soil pH before placing any plants in it.
That's what it is thank you for the correction.im a burn out lol . Yes lisen to this guy he know what he's speaking about . I use allresy made super soil just water. Purple cow indicaja living soil ,brut, solhum is da best I say .

Frego

Frego

I know rookie move on my part should of known better should of tested before but for my second grow I’ll know better, I’m basing it all on my last grow I did few years back
Bag of miracle grow and 1 veg and 1 flower bulb it grew and I smoked it but no ive returned the knowledge I read is incredible

like I said I’ll handle the water first, like I shown you the PH is 7.8 from bottle then test run off next week or so then add stuff to balance the PH

Frego

Frego

Check whats in the water also

That's what it is thank you for the correction.im a burn out lol . Yes lisen to this guy he know what he's speaking about . I use allresy made super soil just water. Purple cow indicaja living soil ,brut, solhum is da best I say .
Ma water

E3AD06A5 D536 4071 AA7E 54877A2ACD02
growsince79

growsince79

I'd rather use RO or rain water with nutes. I'm not sure how good that will mix.

Frego

Frego

@Slickrick82 @MIGrampaUSA @growsince79

the water was like 9.8ph it’s 10L is that possible??

I did dilute some calmag 0.2/L

the shop did calibrate it, the ph meter
Is it broke can they brake?? Just a flashing battery light on

67FD7D0B 3F51 48F0 BFDE A432D8E29D3D
growsince79

growsince79

@Slickrick82 @MIGrampaUSA @growsince79

the water was like 9.8ph it’s 10L is that possible??

I did dilute some calmag 0.2/L

the shop did calibrate it, the ph meter
Is it broke can they brake?? Just a flashing battery light on
Whats the water ppm? Pure water is unstable ph. Waste of time trying to ph pure water. If its under 50ppm I wouldn't worry about it . The plants look good.

Frego

Frego

Whats the water ppm? Pure water is unstable ph. Waste of time trying to ph pure water. If its under 50ppm I wouldn't worry about it . The plants look good.
How could i test the ppm?
I’ve got my water down to 6.7ph

and thanks for the compliment brother

Top Bottom