How do these little guys look

• Thread starter 2Bad
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
I do it all. Because it's a test setup. So I'll let the first ones go. Second ones are topped and defoliated. And to test vigor I just mash down tall plant with my hands to make the canopy level. It all works. I recommend topping and defoliating and training if your doing a low pla t count. I keep a cutting in a small 5" pot in the bathroom. Where i torture it. I pour pesticide right in the soil. Leave it in a hot window during a heatwave. Pour random fertilizer drippings in it. All in an attempt to see if it gets sick. I do it all so I can dedicate time and resources elsewhere to specific crop strains.
The majority of hobby growers are working with different genetics.

Some plants don't like being cut. Some don't need training. It's a Learning curve for every new strain. So I stick to short stalky powerful kush strains. Straight indica. And they like being short and squat.

A plant in good health can handle almost anything. I've got in to lay x amount of plants on their side on the ground in a pot because they were too tall and the previous guys was fired. It all works.

Now? I harvest only my tops to trim and smoke. I hand strip the lowers and let people trim it up and roll it for themselves. So I have to grow a plant that isn't spongy and essentially grows nice perfect shaped nugs.

Some people are better off growing a great big bush and trimming it all to make sure they don't run out. So it's personal preference.

In a year you'll have a good idea of a process to stick to. But if it's a hobby and not a job it has to be fun too. Has to help you relax. So maybe grow 4 plants of your strain and see which method works the best. Then dial it in. And now you grow that kind of weed really well.
To rest Pine tar. I tried different foods and pots. And different training methods. Different veg times. And I'm now on the DWC I 5 gallon per 600 watt. To see how that goes. It's a toss up between doing 9 5 gallon short veg plants in promix and using a 600. Or doing 1 big well trained and topped DWC. The best nugs to trim were the shortest veg. But I didn't fill my canopy and yield suffered. So higher plant count needed.

My conclusion. Pine Tar: a robust plant free from fungus weakness. Resistant to extreme temperatures. Very slow to root clones. A moderate smoke of about 21%. Sensitive to over feeding. Works better with less or no supplements. Ideal to veg a clone to about 14" and flip about 9 per 4x4. Cures well. And has a very pleasant heavy smoke. Kush flavour and nothing else. Would recommend in Promix to grow on a 1 part food for beginners. And a respectable smoke for all users.
Agreed Ponky, that's why all my cultivars that I offer up are easy to grow and simple. No fuss, no muss...

There's nothing to complain about, because there's nothing difficult about growing them. Now, that may well change one day, but for now it's the way I do things, and if I was going to send beans to a newer grower, I wouldn't set them up for failure out of the gate, I would have an interest in seeing them succeed, and it all starts with the seeds.

Indica strains are simply more robust plants in almost every single category, more prolific, better mold and insect resistance, ect. ect.. ect.. and sativa's that (live) within a Indica body are not far behind them.

2Bad

2Bad

So quick lil update they seem to be prospering, some burns on some leaves(think it should be fine) but i seen some powder tiny lil specks left over from the 3 in 1 spray is that ok? Or should I spray it down with plain water to get rid of the residual . Just want to make sure since ive never used it

E23EA53F 8941 4758 8FFA DBF54C467C2E
268EC50D 688E 4195 B6D5 BA149A3D59F2
3F3ABE34 9615 4753 A50F F2FCAF49158E
Ponky

Ponky

@Ponky should i spray the white residue off with ph’d water
I've never had any residue left. But yeah washing them down with a nice spray bottle is fine. Not super necessary. I wouldn't spray anything on them for a day or so. Once a week at most. If there's an emergency as needed. With the 3 in 1. Did it smell nice and Sulphur rich after you used it?

Ponky

Ponky

I assume you got some staining from the upward cupping in spot. So the product pooled up a bit. Mine usually droop down and it runs off and dries without leaving any trace behind. Not a big deal.

2Bad

2Bad

I've never had any residue left. But yeah washing them down with a nice spray bottle is fine. Not super necessary. I wouldn't spray anything on them for a day or so. Once a week at most. If there's an emergency as needed. With the 3 in 1. Did it smell nice and Sulphur rich after you used it?
Yeah that makes sense . And honestly dont remember, I wasnt in there long i sprayed em closed her up but this is my bottle

C8885F22 4B95 4EB4 BB03 0709E3BDFC9F
Ponky

Ponky

Well it's essentially the same chemically. Both organic formula. That looks like a good maintenance spray.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

The white bottle is listed the same. I think it's the same brand with different labeling. Organic. Can spray berries with it. And eat then the next day.
I missed the other one.

2Bad

2Bad

@Ponky could burnt tips be from too much fan on them? Or is it nute burn? I noticed the clawing a few days ago but wasnt sure about it I doubt its the bottle i just bought because tips were starting to yellow before transplant. i had the fan directly pointed on them for the past week or two because I thought thats what I was supposed to do, but I just turned one fan to over top of them , and then put one on right side below , pointed to the left wall. If its nute burn i fed at 500ppm , and soil ph is around 6. By the way this is them at day 30 from seed, is this usual? I seen some other dudes at like 15 nodes at 3 weeks and it was his second grow like 🤬

EE471B9E FC29 4558 92D6 20E74F8DFF88
Ponky

Ponky

Their size is based on pot size and light and genetics. Slightly burnt tips is usually the media. But nothing to really worry about. Those plants will double in 10 days.

2Bad

2Bad

Their size is based on pot size and light and genetics. Slightly burnt tips is usually the media. But nothing to really worry about. Those plants will double in 10 days.
Sounds good I figured the tips were fine the size is like yikes some of them are only at like 2 nodes and i only have one thats on about 4 nodes. Is it best that top at a certain time of day or anytime works? Feel like the 4 node one could be topped u tell me its the bottom right in the pic it just sprouted its 5th node

Ponky

Ponky

Sounds good I figured the tips were fine the size is like yikes some of them are only at like 2 nodes and i only have one thats on about 4 nodes. Is it best that top at a certain time of day or anytime works? Feel like the 4 node one could be topped u tell me its the bottom right in the pic it just sprouted its 5th node
I wouldn't cut any of them yet. I like to wait until they grow at least a few larger leaves.

2Bad

2Bad

Sounds good @Ponky will follow ur guys lead on this first grow <3 I know my place haha

2Bad

2Bad

Do you think it was a smart move me moving the fans? @Ponky

Last edited:
Top Bottom