How do these little guys look

• Thread starter 2Bad
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

10% is just enough to keep them alive with very little growth. Isn't that what you wanted? Or am I mixing threads again?

2Bad

2Bad

@Ponky so u dont think the residue will hurt them, what if they still smelt kind of like sulphur? I was going to rinse it of with ph’d water but then I got a question, what if i rinse it off and it reacts to the light and gets burnt lol . My plants are growing again one plant had a couple minor holes in them from the spray i believe because it was brown when they were tiny then they grew and turned into tiny holes. Is this a reaction to wind burn or the 3 in 1 ?

Ponky

Ponky

@Ponky so u dont think the residue will hurt them, what if they still smelt kind of like sulphur? I was going to rinse it of with ph’d water but then I got a question, what if i rinse it off and it reacts to the light and gets burnt lol . My plants are growing again one plant had a couple minor holes in them from the spray i believe because it was brown when they were tiny then they grew and turned into tiny holes. Is this a reaction to wind burn or the 3 in 1 ?
You want them to stink like Sulphur for 4 days or so. And you want to repeat once a week. To keep those thrips at bay.

Shayne010944

Shayne010944

I just listen to what my peeps tell me to do alright. Personally I did it because the jiffy pellet gave me a gut feeling like it was going to get moldy, put my mind at ease
your grow looks heaps good mate. what light do you have ?

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Yea, I agree 50% is probably prudent, then bump them up if they look good.

I'm strapped in for this ride, because things should get quite interesting with this new fixture. If nothing else outgrow them bugs. lol
If you can lay your hands on some of this, it's will probably get them in line pretty quickly. The upside is it's very clean, and can be used into flowering, if necessary.

The 64:1 dilution rate of PureCrop1 provided the best results against the thrips, with 97% Abbott’s mortality at day 5 after the applications. The 96:1 dilution recorded 77% and the 128:1 dilution recorded 23% Abbott’s mortality at day 5.

Last edited:
ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

The chew patterns and feces deposits leave that colour. Then it gets silvery. And the little spots start to get bigger and bigger. Eventually leaf die off.
I hear you but those pix could be anything. They need to be closer and both sides of the leaf. Grey mold looks like that in early stages. There is no way to tell yet for sure.

2Bad

2Bad

your grow looks heaps good mate. what light do you have ?
Its the fce 4800 i got it off grow light depot but if i had the choice to do it over id get the next one up off the mars hydro website because it was $100 extra on grow lights depot and i didnt know the price diff at the time

Ponky

Ponky

The tiny spots and that silvery damage is thrips poop..it can cause fungus. So keep the sulphur levels up with the spray. When it's bigger and you have the thrips under control you can trim off the damaged leaves. Keep on top of it. Thrips can kill a plant. They're a very level pest however. And some of my frostiest plants have had thrips in the past. And yielded. Thrips are hard to see.

2Bad

2Bad

I
The tiny spots and that silvery damage is thrips poop..it can cause fungus. So keep the sulphur levels up with the spray. When it's bigger and you have the thrips under control you can trim off the damaged leaves. Keep on top of it. Thrips can kill a plant. They're a very level pest however. And some of my frostiest plants have had thrips in the past. And yielded. Thrips are hard to see.
If its thrips then i live and i learn but i havent seen a single pest , i got thrip stickys too ill throw them back in

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

If its thrips then i live and i learn but i havent seen a single pest , i got thrip stickys too ill throw them back in
It never hurt to be ready. But don't treat for something you don't have. Get a microscope and quit guessing.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

@2Bad, let me share something with you.
You are a new grower and you are excited to learn and everything. The problem is you are growing one way and you are getting advice from people growing a different way. I'm not talking about hydro or soil, I'm talking about style. I am very organic oriented but not exclusively so. If you grow based on my advice, you will learn to grow like I do. If you follow @Aqua Man, then you will learn to grow the way he does. We all have pretty much the same information. Its all a matter of how it applies to our particular grow. You keep getting advice from different growers and you don't understand why this one does it different from that one but they are both right?

Solution:
Stick with 1 grower. Learn from that one and feel free to ask questions but think about it first. What do you think the answer should be? Then get with your Grow Coach. ONLY ONE COACH AT A TIME for you until you have 2 or 3 grows down. Do you get why I'm telling you this? Its because you just have not yet learned enough to understand the why yet. When you get the 'why', the rest will get simple.

Damn. Just invented a new Job. Ok, who wants a certificate of Grow Coaching?

Last edited:
Top Bottom