How do these little guys look

• Thread starter 2Bad
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
the wind doesnt make a plant taco. the wind beats it up and bruises it and sucks the moisture out of it so over time you see brown spots or places that look eaten or a grody sickly almost rusty hue to the leaf. it is usually only on a leaf sticking in the path, or a side that gets it full on, but unless the fan points down on them the top leaves are not usually harmed. ...and never point a fan down on them!

2Bad

2Bad

the wind doesnt make a plant taco. the wind beats it up and bruises it and sucks the moisture out of it so over time you see brown spots or places that look eaten or a grody sickly almost rusty hue to the leaf. it is usually only on a leaf sticking in the path, or a side that gets it full on, but unless the fan points down on them the top leaves are not usually harmed. ...and never point a fan down on them!
I do have some leaves like that browning crinkled( on one or two of them its the first set of leaves) . I figured i actually had it pointing down overnight last night i keep changing things. Ugh lol. Hope the floor fan doesnt kill the root zone i put it back on before i went into work. I figured they werent drying fast enough

Last edited:
JDsVoiceWorks

JDsVoiceWorks

Anyone that gives a “standard”
Distance for lights, that fails to ask about wattage, intensity and doesn’t suggest you purchase an instrument to measure is giving poor advice. The greater the light, the more you’ll require Nute changes, water uptake, ph etc. two lights at equal distance can vary by a 1-3k value. That said. There’s a science to distance. 72° from what I’ve read is actually a great target when you control humidity too. 82 seems awful high.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Anyone that gives a “standard”
Distance for lights, that fails to ask about wattage, intensity and doesn’t suggest you purchase an instrument to measure is giving poor advice. The greater the light, the more you’ll require Nute changes, water uptake, ph etc.
Love it! That's almost exactly what Dr. Bruce said. But in saying that, we realize standards are useful when you don't have all the info and you adjust from there. How many newbies come in here with ready answers to most of our questions? How many of them even know we're talking about plants? (We are growing weed you know...)

2Bad

2Bad

Love it! That's almost exactly what Dr. Bruce said. But in saying that, we realize standards are useful when you don't have all the info and you adjust from there. How many newbies come in here with ready answers to most of our questions? How many of them even know we're talking about plants? (We are growing weed you know...)
Yeah. I have no idea about light science.

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
lol, just watch your girls, they will tell you just what to do. you watched, you caught the taco-ing and you fixed it! you got this!

science is a great thing! as you grow and watch and grow and watch, you will get more and more of the science words.

at this point though, just watch and adjust in small increments and you will do fine. you have a 480w mars hydro and a 4x4 tent you are officially a farmer!!!

you are doing great. how do they look today?

MaddMattDillon

MaddMattDillon

keep your light 10-15 inches away, keep temps at 75 ish, humidity 55-65..
it’s your first time? than don’t remove the netting before planting and wait too you see a few roots poking through, don’t worry as they’ll basically air prune. don’t over watering the pellets..
Disagree, the RH should be higher at early seed and even early veg. It takes up moisture thru it’s leaves and thus, helps the roots to develop.

MaddMattDillon

MaddMattDillon

Do my seedlings look too dry? Also when I pot up my coco seems wet already , should I pot up then water it . Or water before I pot up?
I prep my coco as advised and theeeeeen, I drain all that out and theeeeeen, I soak the coco in the current nutrient levels when I pot up....then the medium is always prepped for the plant.

MaddMattDillon

MaddMattDillon

Yeah after transplant give a few days to a week. Then follow thw watering in that thread if you can. If it's to much then just make sure you get runoff and maybe a good idea to give a flush or 2 through the grow.

The use of enzymes periodically will help reduce the risk of a buildup. As will the frequent feeding with runoff.

But like I say that's a guide and you can get away with less often and more volume if you need. It just increases the risk of buildup.
Check out coco for cannabis.com
You’ll find a tremendous amount of info for growing in coco. I’m following the same refining that dr coco prescribes and my lil white widow plants and looking amazing already. He gives the info for all of your questions. Spend a few days familiarizing yourself with the info....it might take a few reads but, it’s all there.

MaddMattDillon

MaddMattDillon

So for the cal mag I already buffered and drained, I heard that I’m supposed to rinse out the cal mag with a quick flush due to the EC , is that what you do? I already did it, but I’m just curi
Almost non measurable amount. Tap is mostly calcium.
Just to toss it out there, Phoenix tap is about 1500 ec on average.....Makes me want to use RO to bathe.

2Bad

2Bad

lol, just watch your girls, they will tell you just what to do. you watched, you caught the taco-ing and you fixed it! you got this!

science is a great thing! as you grow and watch and grow and watch, you will get more and more of the science words.

at this point though, just watch and adjust in small increments and you will do fine. you have a 480w mars hydro and a 4x4 tent you are officially a farmer!!!

you are doing great. how do they look today?
Looking good , stretching out ❤️

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Disagree, the RH should be higher at early seed and even early veg. It takes up moisture thru it’s leaves and thus, helps the roots to develop.
The leaves don't so much take up moisture..... they release it based on the difference of the plant 100% and the surrounding air. Higher humidity means less uptake of water from the roots which equates to lower water stress and transpiration.

Plant can uptake water from the leaves but that's not why we control humidity. As I said it's to regulate transpiration rates.

Have a read here.

Latest posts

Top Bottom