How do these little guys look

• Thread starter 2Bad
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
2Bad

2Bad

It never hurt to be ready. But don't treat for something you don't have. Get a microscope and quit guessing.
I have one i wasnt worried about pests, i figured it was the wind burn for the leaves . I have a microscope its ass can someone recommend me a link to a better one

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I have one i wasnt worried about pests, i figured it was the wind burn for the leaves . I have a microscope its ass can someone recommend me a link to a better one
What do you have now? A Microscope or a loupe?

This is what we use. 1000x ebay or Amazon or where ever. These are all over.

Microscope
2Bad

2Bad

What do you have now? A Microscope or a loupe?

This is what we use. 1000x ebay or Amazon or where ever. These are all over.
I dont think these kinds are actually 1000x the pictures in the reviews and the reviews themself say they are only 100-150x realistically . And they say its hard to focus. Im so confused

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
you can grab an app for your phone that magnifies and takes pics. you can use something like food mode on your phone camera and get about 20x with some decent clarity. then magnify it more in viewing mode

dbrzz

dbrzz

About 4 days in , had the light at about a foot away yesterday moved it down to 6in. Just a regular Vivosun T5. Are they stretching too much for just popping 24 hours ago or is this normal? I’ve had a steady temp of 72 degrees but the light adds about 10 degrees (so it’s at 81 now)at 6 inches. Any advice?
They look dry, keep them moist… not wet!!

2Bad

2Bad

you can grab an app for your phone that magnifies and takes pics. you can use something like food mode on your phone camera and get about 20x with some decent clarity. then magnify it more in viewing mode
Ill try it out, i used my zoom on my iphone 8 but cant see microscopic things clearly, doesnt focus which is the main thing

2Bad

2Bad

Also most of them have reached 5 nodes, ready to top?

So another question, i was getting some tacoing which i believed to be wind burn, So i only ran the one fan on the top right for the past two days. One is now looking droopy and taco’d I watered about 32hrs ago what do u recommend i do got some droopy and curling on this one on the bottom right Idk what to do.

I only have two of the same strain and they both are sort of taco’d the other ones are fine but the two taco ones were also sitting in front of the second fan (which was sitting at below canopy/root zone) a few days ago.

Should i keep a fan at the root zone? And a fan over top barely touching them? I feel so bad for these girls

11A5E0CA B93B 42E6 B376 28963BC79392
Last edited:
2Bad

2Bad

Edit : i said top right fan, but i meant top left, I havent used the one at the root zone, after the wind burn i havent given them any direct air flow , just a slight breeze above. Do they droop after sleeping (four hours later)? @Ponky @Aqua Man

Last edited:
lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
watch and they will let you know.

the things i look for are a bit detailed to tell you with any accuracy, i just know because i watch a LOT and take notes.

the leaves pointing up is the goal, there is a fine line between pointing up and light stress. just past stress you can see the tips turn down, yellow or brown. the reaching up becomes taco-ing. younger plants (and clones too) leaves try to hide under themselves

it depends on age too. at this age the tips will turn or yellow or brown, then they will sag some.

im just guessing, but the ones taco-ing are at the edge of the light, and the droopy ones under it.

also i can tell some with mine by looking at the levels of leaves. at some point down they are happy, raise the light to make that level your canopy level. put shorter plants center and taller outter.

heat stress usually accompanies light stress and your leaves get ... hmmm... like thin and "whispy" and limp

you can grab an app to check your lux, see what it says and lower by 5k and see. you want these at/below 40k for a little while.

the meter may or may not be accurate, but it is consistent with the same phone measuring. so no matter the number, use it as a starting place and watch the plants and raise lower as needed.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tsang.alan.lightmeter&hl=en_US&gl=US

depending on how close the lights were and for how long, when those top leaves get to be a couple layers lower they will discolor, it is not ph, nutes, cal or mag... it is THIS.

Last edited:
2Bad

2Bad

watch and they will let you know.

the things i look for are a bit detailed to tell you with any accuracy, i just know because i watch a LOT and take notes.

the leaves pointing up is the goal, there is a fine line between pointing up and light stress. just past stress you can see the tips turn down, yellow or brown. the reaching up becomes taco-ing.

it depends on age too. at this age the tips will turn or yellow or brown, then they will sag some.

im just guessing, but the ones taco-ing are at the edge of the light, and the droopy ones under it.

also i can tell some with mine by looking at the levels of leaves. at some point down they are happy, raise the light to make that level your canopy level. put shorter plants center and taller outter.

heat stress usually accompanies light stress and your leaves get ... hmmm... like thin and "whispy" and limp

you can grab an app to check your lux, see what it says and lower by 5k and see. you want these at/below 40k for a little while.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tsang.alan.lightmeter&hl=en_US&gl=US
Ty . So the leaves don’t seem whispy. And the ones tacoing were sitting in front of a fan a few days ago (and are the same strain) also they are taller then the others. And now most of them are dropping. Up until yesterday most of them were at the edge of the lights because i had a 2 x 1 fluroescent over them. All of them have full coverage right now I would say. And in the picture u can tell most of them are droopy only one or two not so droppy.

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
as for topping and nodes, i dont know how you count, so i will tell you how i tell...

it starts with a single lobe set, then a three lobe set then 5 lobe. the next should be 5 or greater if all is well. the next set i pinch off when they are about a half inch tall.

with autos if you wait much more you risk setting her back and messing with yield. any sooner and you might stunt her and mess with yield.

2Bad

2Bad

Update : i raised to 20 inchEs from 17. And changed the intensity from 50 to 45 % power . And put a fan at the underneaths of the droopy ones

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
if the taco ones were taller plants, then that 3" raise was probably spot on. the light stress usually comes with heat stress and that makes droopy, but so do other things

2Bad

2Bad

if the taco ones were taller then your 3" raise was probably spot on. the light stress usually comes with heat stress and that makes droopy, but so do other things
I forgot fuck, i also had them awake for a little longer yesterday because i changed their sleep schedule. I changed it so they sleep 2am to 8 am. Instead of 12pm to 6pm. Figured that was a better time to sleep since its cooler. So they were awake for 30hrs straight

Top Bottom