How do these little guys look

• Thread starter 2Bad
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Moshmen

Moshmen

Seedlings and young clones must stay moistened and never dry out. Plants like to dry out between watering. Seedlings and clones can't handle the stress of it as well.
Moist mayb but #1mistake is overwater seedlings they have everything the need for week or two and roots won’t grow in wet soil !

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

When you water:
Water the entire planter pot. All the soil needs to be wet, not just a circle around the stem. I don't know where that came from but it's silly.
You water the entire pot and then watch the plant. When it has what it needs, the leaves will stand up and reach for the light.
Reaching is what you want. When the plant is reaching, that means it's growing roots and stretching. When the plant starts to run out of water, the leaves will begin to lower from the raised position. When they get roughly level, then you water. Water the entire pot each time and then wait until the plant asks for water, not just on schedule.

This includes seedlings, the difference is that you can't always see the leaves on a seedling.

2Bad

2Bad

When you water:
Water the entire planter pot. All the soil needs to be wet, not just a circle around the stem. I don't know where that came from but it's silly.
You water the entire pot and then watch the plant. When it has what it needs, the leaves will stand up and reach for the light.
Reaching is what you want. When the plant is reaching, that means it's growing roots and stretching. When the plant starts to run out of water, the leaves will begin to lower from the raised position. When they get roughly level, then you water. Water the entire pot each time and then wait until the plant asks for water, not just on schedule.

This includes seedlings, the difference is that you can't always see the leaves on a seedling.
Do my seedlings look too dry? Also when I pot up my coco seems wet already , should I pot up then water it . Or water before I pot up?

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

The mix you are using is coco + soil? That's what it looks like.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

what are you talking about? the seedlings are in the pellets
Of course, but you have to soak the pellet first so you can plant the seed.
If the medium is hard, you can not plant, but if it is too wet, you can't plant either.
Understand?

2Bad

2Bad

Of course, but you have to soak the pellet first so you can plant the seed.
If the medium is hard, you can not plant, but if it is too wet, you can't plant either.
Understand?
ok . gotcha. yea i'm already passed that step

Anthem

Anthem

2Bad if you are going to transplant into coco it would be a good idea to precharge the coco with Cal Mag. If you use the search tool at the top of the page you can find information about pre charging the coco. Myself I would wait a week or so. What would trigger me to transplant would be one of 2 things. First set of true cannabis leaves or root trying to grow out of the jiffy. I would like to remove the netting around the Jiffy, while not required I just like the plant to be able to grow as easy as possible to allow it to reach its full genetic potential.
Good luck with your grow!

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

I would wait til the plants get a lil bigger before I transplant, maybe a week, they are so delicate and have plenty of space to grow roots in those pellets.

When you transplant such small seedlings into bigger containers, especially in coco, you will probably have issues with overwatering.

2Bad

2Bad

I would wait til the plants get a lil bigger before I transplant, maybe a week, they are so delicate and have plenty of space to grow roots in those pellets.

When you transplant such small seedlings into bigger containers, especially in coco, you will probably have issues with overwatering.
Yea I feel that, I was going to put into a solo cup. The root was already coming out of the bottom of the pellets last night. U would still wait?

2Bad

2Bad

2Bad if you are going to transplant into coco it would be a good idea to precharge the coco with Cal Mag. If you use the search tool at the top of the page you can find information about pre charging the coco. Myself I would wait a week or so. What would trigger me to transplant would be one of 2 things. First set of true cannabis leaves or root trying to grow out of the jiffy. I would like to remove the netting around the Jiffy, while not required I just like the plant to be able to grow as easy as possible to allow it to reach its full genetic potential.
Good luck with your grow!
I appreciate the help ! Really do!

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

How many roots should I see just one or many more?
When you plant the seed, it sends the main root to the bottom first.
When you see it, that means it's ready to transplant because it's digging down looking for water and food. If you feed it too much it won't grow looking for water.
Once the main tap root hits bottom, it will turn and start moving out to the sides of the pot, then up.

Anthem

Anthem

How many roots should I see just one or many more?
Just so things are clear for you. With a plant from seed there is what is called the tap root. This is only in a plant from seed. A seedling will have one main tape root. It is natures way of giving the plant the best chance to survive. Just as the name would imply it is trying to tape the soil for water. Now with a clone there is no such tape root you will get several roots coming out of the starter material.

Latest posts

Top Bottom