How Do You Seal Your Rosin Bags?

• Thread starter Bulldog420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
Hey everybody. I have been having a problem with my kief bags blowing out at the top. I have a sowing machine, but it doesn't hold well on the 25u poly screens. I have tried to fold and press, and even add a little kief to help hold. Once the heat and pressure hits, pop! I then bought a heat sealer, and it does nothing at all. 650 watt'er and nothing. Somebody got an answer for this?

"I should also mention, (which I thought I did, but turns out it was in another thread) I can press 30-40 grams of flowers and 40 grams of kief or lower no problem. The blow out occurs when I try to stuff the hell out of the bags with kief. I threw in 100g the last time and it blew out.

Looking for a permanate seal on the bags. I also thought I mentioned I bought a 650w impulse sealer that is suppose to work, but doesn't."

Last edited by a moderator:
velocity

velocity

Are you using a strait stitch when you sew? Can your machine do a double stitch so its wider area holding the bag closed? Not sure but taking it as the stitch is ripping the material out because its all being forced against the stich

grayarea

grayarea

ur killing ur guy. idk how else to explain that. u should have a spot where ur guy is right now. not a spot where you go to ask the guys that. just sayin.

Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
Are you using a strait stitch when you sew? Can your machine do a double stitch so its wider area holding the bag closed? Not sure but taking it as the stitch is ripping the material out because its all being forced against the stich
I bought a little 20$ machine from amazon, so I am guessing no. A double stitch machine huh? Looking at the factory stitching I do see what you mean, must be how they do it. I will bug my aunt to use her machine, and if it works I will order up one. Thanks.

ur killing ur guy. idk how else to explain that. u should have a spot where ur guy is right now. not a spot where you go to ask the guys that. just sayin.

I literally have no idea what that means, or what you are trying to say. Clarification please? I think you mean I am throwing my Press guy under the bus, but really, wouldn't it be the bag man? Also, all I need is a way to seal it....... Once again, clarification please?

Last edited:
gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
I bought a little 20$ machine from amazon, so I am guessing no. A double stitch machine huh? Looking at the factory stitching I do see what you mean, must be how they do it. I will bug my aunt to use her machine, and if it works I will order up one. Thanks.

I literally have no idea what that means, or what you are trying to say. Clarification please?
Haha good luck Grey is nuts only growgod can understand him

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

Hey everybody. I have been having a problem with my kief bags blowing out at the top. I have a sowing machine, but it doesn't hold well on the 25u poly screens. I have tried to fold and press, and even add a little kief to help hold. Once the heat and pressure hits, pop! I then bought a heat sealer, and it does nothing at all. 650 watt'er and nothing. Somebody got an answer for this?

"I should also mention, (which I thought I did, but turns out it was in another thread) I can press 30-40 grams of flowers and 40 grams of kief or lower no problem. The blow out occurs when I try to stuff the hell out of the bags with kief. I threw in 100g the last time and it blew out.

Looking for a permanate seal on the bags. I also thought I mentioned I bought a 650w impulse sealer that is suppose to work, but doesn't."
Sounds to me like you are applying too much pressure and all at once.

Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
Sounds to me like you are applying too much pressure and all at once.

Yes, that is part of the technique. However, no matter how slow I go, when I pack 100 grams in, it busts. I have even pressed at 150 and applied pressure SUPER slow, still busts.

Once again, looking for something to seal the bags.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Just fold a 1/4" over the top and press it. It will seal itself closed. Never had a blowout from the top ever in 250+ baggies used.

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

Yes, that is part of the technique. However, no matter how slow I go, when I pack 100 grams in, it busts. I have even pressed at 150 and applied pressure SUPER slow, still busts.

Once again, looking for something to seal the bags.
How many tons are you using?

Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
Just fold a 1/4" over the top and press it. It will seal itself closed. Never had a blowout from the top ever in 250+ baggies used.
How much kief are you trying to stuff? 100 grams? I doubt it. You said you have produced around 3 ounces. 100 grams should produce 1 ounce, so I doubt you are smashing this volume of material. I can press small amounts no problem.
How many tons are you using?
12t. However, I am at maybe 6 when the bag spills.

It's not like the bags are blowing. The pressure given to a fat kief sac, litterally rolls the folded edge out till it's flat, and ozzes kief out the top. Folding doesn't work with this size bag. Once again, looking for a way to seal the bags.

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

Bigger runs means more wasted and uncollected product. I'm not in the game to waste product.
Neither am i! I am tired of paying $55 an eighth.

Bulldog is going way to fast on the pressure and not letting the heat work for him.

He needs to slow the SPEED the pressure is applied and let the heat work for him.

The Terps

The Terps

I'm a three x's on a buddies press so I'm no expert. But it sounds like if the bag is un rolling under the pressure and coming unsewn you would be applying to much pressure to to much mass without enough volume. So I see a few solutions for the equation. Press less, get a larger volume bag, or maybe press at a higher temp so you evacuate material more quickly? I know that's not what you want to hear though.

Have you tried rolling/folding and then sewing? I'm just trying to picture 100g rolled out super thin and it seems like a super burrito tortilla size +.

Maybe an adhesive like that foil tape? Seems like a bad idea though. Anyways I hope you find a solution cause bumping production by over 100% is alway ok in my book.

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

I'm a three x's on a buddies press so I'm no expert. But it sounds like if the bag is un rolling under the pressure and coming unsewn you would be applying to much pressure to to much mass without enough volume. So I see a few solutions for the equation. Press less, get a larger volume bag, or maybe press at a higher temp so you evacuate material more quickly? I know that's not what you want to hear though.

Have you tried rolling/folding and then sewing? I'm just trying to picture 100g rolled out super thin and it seems like a super burrito tortilla size +.

Maybe an adhesive like that foil tape? Seems like a bad idea though. Anyways I hope you find a solution cause bumping production by over 100% is alway ok in my book.
I agree 100%.

Trying to do it all with pressure and not letting tge heat have time to melt the Rosin.

Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
I figured it out. @Slownickel does it again. He told me in e-mail about a sewing technique, and it works great. Now pressing 100 grams each press, with flawless results.

I disagree with some of the above posts. I find if you can stuff your bags, your material will be ejected out faster, causing less heating. These 100 gram presses are proving that, IMO.

I notice when pressing flowers, if I press a 30 gram bag, a little higher temp is required. The same strain at 40 grams I can keep my temps slightly lower.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Who was prepressing 1oz bricks at a time, then pressing for rosin. I suggested to do 25% of it, and his returns nearly doubled if not tripled. All from running smaller amounts, and got much better returns.

But what do I know, I've only done 250+ squished and get phenomenal returns and results with 5.5g 2.5x4.5 25iu baggies and NO blow outs.

The Terps

The Terps

Ya no one is douting you guys your technique is solid we get that respect you paving a road. Now I'm not trying to be a dick here but you are dealing with small potatoes which is great. But others have lots of potatoes and everyday they are that much older and need to be processed in a manner of time that they don't get buried. Ya feel me?
With that said ppl see that there is more than one way to skin a cat. So let's leave the proven "artisan" method out of this and let the big "dog" method be releasesed. Lol see what I did there.

Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
lol, I will try. I learned on the fly, so I would imagine somebody would be a better teacher. My aunt said she would teach me when she has time. As for the technique, I can show you that no problem.

Latest posts

Top Bottom