How I Germinate Seeds

• Thread starter outwest
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
What's deeply ironic is that I started this thread, then used my method, and ruined 8 out of 10 seeds. DOH!

outwest

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
What's deeply ironic is that I started this thread, then used my method, and ruined 8 out of 10 seeds. DOH!

outwest
what? I must have missed that...what do you think went wrong?

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
I'm glad you missed that! It was a Hazeman seed test. The two I germed will be fire!!! I did get 100% on 12 other seeds I germed using this method, so who knows.

outwest

nebulius

nebulius

yeah from what i read starting in rockwool can cause them to be lanky or mushy. so I decided on coco. got a small terra cotta clay pot 3oz about the size of a small dixie cup. filled with flushed coco.
should i add any thrive alive or FF microbe brew in small PPMs or just use bottle water ph'ed to 5.5? thanks

V

vierundzwanzig

what up homies
been having some very weird stuff happen.
watched a video from the 9/11 prediction guy that died shortly after... ex soldier of sorts I think.

so now im in my basement thinking how do i make one of those aluminum hats that protect me from being mind read by the greys/black skull gang?
im crazy but them people know what we do when we do it and, I might take a hiatus really dont know maybe im being controlled now?!
im smoking trainwreck and it might be causing me to lose tha last bit of sense i have.
saw a guy with a sig that read
"when I loose ...i die like a man when i win...i live to fight again."
i wanted to like his post and sig but the thread was closed old aliendawg stuff. then I thought why is this well known farmer allowed to show his lack of attention to detail when hes in a thread flaming a guy about details from clones of GSC? that ish cray.

thanks again errbody
im in need of assistance in the real world...who can explain electrical wiring and breaker box capacity stuff to somebody afraid of electricity?
quick summation. old house 100amp breaker box and I have too many accessories. did have two 20amp independent circuits installed but in the wrong damned place.
thanks for the cool vibes that I truly feel from cool people
I think I do have a mission and it isnt to save the WHORLED its to Dominate your minds with mindless dribble.

there are questions and answers in my post and a new moon is ah rising I think man I know but whatcha gonna do? it was either him or me toe to toe lol

I sincerely apologize for corrupting your thread outwest
I'm off to start a thread about conspiracy theories and numbers specifically dates of birth and born under what Zodiac sign type stuff.
hope to see some fellow conspiracy theorist in the lounge and again i apologize and share well wishes where appropriate.

@420 thanks dude... if i got it you can get it cause id love to see you with it.

@kolah my man whats the significance of an Owl in the Native's culture? Saw one walking my dog this morn blocks away from my home got home and the Owl had crapped in my driveway by the time i made it home. sure there is coincidence but im on a scully and mulder type investigation hunt.

one last time I apologize for posting this but there it is

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Howdy Zig :)

err ..what?o_O

yeah from what i read starting in rockwool can cause them to be lanky or mushy. so I decided on coco. got a small terra cotta clay pot 3oz about the size of a small dixie cup. filled with flushed coco.
should i add any thrive alive or FF microbe brew in small PPMs or just use bottle water ph'ed to 5.5? thanks
Sorry Neb I don't know nuthing bout that coco

K

kolah

Owls. Teaching from my Grandmother: Sometimes (not always) an owls presence signifies death. The closer the owl (or owls) are---- the closer that person is to you. Sometimes it is not always death in relationship to a person but it could be the end of something such as a job, divorce, etc.

OTOH some tribes believe the owl is a good sign. There are 500 tribes, often 500 different beliefs..although many are shared.

Remember, there is bad shit all around us. Focus on the good stuff. Good trumps evil, in my books.

nebulius

nebulius

Like the idea of scoring seeds but was worried about messing it up. Luckily, I read an article explaining an alternate way to do it.
Take a match box and empty. Cut a small piece of sand paper to fit on the bottom of the box. Place seed in box and shake for 30 sec.
Softy scored seed, hard to f*&K up method, I like it.

SolMannaFest

SolMannaFest

O dub!
Ive been having the worst of luck with my beans...WTF?!
Tried to germ 15, only one is above ground thus far...WTF?!

Humbly...Sol

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
O dub!
Ive been having the worst of luck with my beans...WTF?!
Tried to germ 15, only one is above ground thus far...WTF?!

Humbly...Sol

I feel your pain. Hazeman sent me some testers, and I went 2 for 10 with the world watching. Ouch. I'm going to try this: which was suggested by another farmer. I have popped lots successfully too, so who knows.

outwest

nebulius

nebulius

Sorry to hear Sol! what's your method?
i just tried this and it worked for me in this order; scuffing seed, soaking in low ppm bottle water for 12hrs, flushed coco and allow to dry to damp with bottle water, planting 2x seed length deep, moisten coco with spray bottle, put under humidity dome with seeding mat (adds heat, cheap, i recommend one), turn on fluro light. seed popped up in 2 days.

SolMannaFest

SolMannaFest

I feel your pain. Hazeman sent me some testers, and I went 2 for 10 with the world watching. Ouch. I'm going to try this: which was suggested by another farmer. I have popped lots successfully too, so who knows.

outwest

I like that link ODub...super, super, reasonable as far as price is concerned as well! Ya bro, never really had a problem before...thinking it might be the beans I was gifted? How can one determine the viability of beans? Do you know?
I mean come on...1 out of 15...really?!

Arrrggh...Sol

nebulius

nebulius

Bad luck Outwest. I guess it's always a spin of the roulette wheel when you plant a seed.

I recommend a seedling propagating mat to everyone if they don't have one. I bought one a few years ago for my vegetables because I start them indoors and it works great. It really helps seeds to sprout fast by warming the dirt and it also helps keep humidity high under the humidity dome.(seeds can germinate in temps from 70-90 deg)

SolMannaFest

SolMannaFest

Sorry to hear Sol! what's your method?
i just tried this and it worked for me in this order; scuffing seed, soaking in low ppm bottle water for 12hrs, flushed coco and allow to dry to damp with bottle water, planting 2x seed length deep, moisten coco with spray bottle, put under humidity dome with seeding mat (adds heat, cheap, i recommend one), turn on fluro light. seed popped up in 2 days.

Thanks man...could be worse though right nebulis :) ?!

Well...
First 5 I did my "fool proof way" (so I thought) which consist of moistening up a paper towel, placing it in a sandwich baggy and sticking it in my sock drawer...every day or so opening it up to check on them to see progress and create a lil oxygen all the while, until tails were more than visible. Came up empty handed with this one!

Second attempt consisted of me soaking beans in distilled H2O for 12 hrs or so, than placing in moistened paper towel for 12 hrs or so. Had one, yes one seed pop and grow a tail out of the bunch! My only one!

Third attempt consisted of soaking beans, "paper towel method"...than placed in very mild soil...been 3 days and still nothing!

Actually its been more like 20+ beans because I threw a few beans straight into the soil to no avail!

Beans are SD x mk ultra
SSH x mk ultra
Island fruit

Bless...Sol

nebulius

nebulius

Hey Sol, maybe try scuffing with sandpaper slightly then soak for 12 hrs. then put in wet paper towel. then put paper towel on the fridge or on top of your PC, something slightly warm. Might be worth a shot. Sounds like you're doing everything right, probably just bad seeds.

They could go bad if they were stored too long. Maybe that's the case with some breeder's freebies. I suspect like all business they have excess inventory at times so they give away old stock.

More seed info to add to the thread, been reading up, got some new seeds!;)

Most seeds should germinate within 7 days or sooner, however, some strains take longer even in perfect conditions. If the cask (outer shell) isn't sealed it may not germ or it may germinate slowly. Seeds that aren't sealed are susceptible to moisture and air in storage and it may cause hormone concentrations to dissipate and seeds to be less viable, if viable at all.

Mature seed's shell should appear hard, beige or dark brown, and spotted or mottled. Soft shell, pale, green, or white seeds are immature and have less of a chance of sprouting.

Also from what I read, sounds like it's best to try and store seeds for only about a year. After that your % of germination is decreased. I read of people storing for 2-4yrs and still getting great results, and even some 30yr old seeds still popping at germ rates of 5-10%.

SolMannaFest

SolMannaFest

Hey Neb!
Forgot to mention on that 3rd attempt I also scarified/scuffed them. And also placed on top of my computer.

I do know that these seeds are anywhere from 1-4 years in age and stored in the fridge according to my compadre! I just put 4 more that were in distilled water for 24 hrs in paper towels today, placed inside a sort-of-tupperware-thingy with the lid cracked a smidgen. Time will tell.

Great info you have in the above post Neb...many thanks for sharing!

Blessings...Sol

K

kolah

"The Scarification Propagational Techinque" or SPT Protocol.

Top Bottom