How I Germinate Seeds

• Thread starter outwest
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

kolah

@kolah what would you think is the best way to give back to the earth? I'm gonna start something extra. maybe for my neighborhood, street or just my house. BTW im in the bluegrass state and we have a million parks that were probably your/our peoples backyards. come to think of it the only one missing might be Seminole.

It is always a challenge for me to summarize NAI teachings in a few paragraphs. This is just a generic summary as it gets quite complicated and the belief systems vary from tribe to tribe. This is what I was taught by my Seneca Indian Grandmother.

NAI's (Native American Indians) are a group of survivors, the victims of THE worst Holocaust in all of history. Despite this, there were and still are over 500 tribes in existence but sadly the old traditionalist Indians are a dying breed..and many of the ancient ways, the teachings and the cultures are slowly being lost. With over 500 tribes there are also many different interpretations of topics such as this. Most tribes have a term which is,"Walk Lightly." This simply means to treat the Earth as your Mother. Give her thanks each and every day and respect her Natural Laws and don't mess with these laws (as Man has been doing in recent years). Treat every bit of her with Love and Respect and do no harm. Better yet, always leave Her in better shape than when you started. For those who might choose to "give back to Her", she is not picky. It can be anything small (giving thanks before picking and eating an apple, planting a rose bush, shaking heavy snow off a small weak pine tree). Or it could be something quite large (becoming an activist against nuclear power or war, etc, trying to save an injured animal, etc). Most NAI's give back with small gifts by burying their highly respected materials in the ground, aka sacred things. There are many forms of "gifting." I can not stress the importance of prayer and song. When planting or gifting or doing anything related to Mother Earth, prayer and song are highly important as well.

I think if we were all taught this, understood this belief system and practiced it daily and honored it, Mother Earth would not be in such sad shape (same goes for the people). There is a Indian saying which states,"What we do to our Mother we do to ourselves." We are seeing the results now, are we not?"

I often cringe at the Modern Medicine Oath which is "First, Do No Harm." It seems like a spin-off of the NAI term "Walk Lightly." Plus the fact that they often "do harm" on a regular basis.

"Walk Lightly" :)

V

vierundzwanzig

I might be extra sensitive today but I'm crying now. Wish I knew a good song or prayer.
I thank you so much Brother as will both of my Mothers. WOW
research underway

K

kolah

Mother Earth is not picky. You can make up your own song. Or just chant. It is the intention of goodness and the positive thoughts that she enjoys. And do it aloud. :)

BTW, many of the traditional songs and prayer came through to some NAI's in their dreams (or in visions). Often times these visions came through in sacred rituals (using peyote, opium, MJ, etc). But there are no "rules." (although in some cases the prayer or song needs to be done precisely or it may not produce the deisired effect). This precise attention to detail is what non-white folks call "superstitious." But there is no such word as superstitious in almost all Indian languages.

I also play the NAI flute which is based on the pentatonic scale which a 5 year old can easily learn to play. Carlos Nakai is the King of the NAI flute. It is a beautiful, peaceful and ancient sound that will stir up and awaken your DNA.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
This link may be of help as I often see folks mixing up Full Moon versus New Moon.

Great info!
So Cannabis might do better planted on a new moon and not a full moon..
Im gonna have some rooty cannabis I guess o_O
I hope my seeds didnt soak up too much water :confused: ...I think that super moon made them sprout fast though
the fact that they are Alien beans probably helped alot too.

sox

sox

ive always planted as the moon is getting bigger, so you would not want to plant on a full moon (in my opinion) as it is going to start getting smaller.

sox

sox

but then again ive planted tons and tons of seeds with not a thought of the moon in my mind and they all (for the most part) turned out fine;) .

V

vierundzwanzig

if anyone is interested there are sites actually the moongrow site had a link that went to a best day for anything site.
I feel you on the superstition kolah
This precise attention to detail is what non-white folks call "superstitious."
and it's good that I asked. Im not superstitious but very Spiritual... enough to know you cant go willy nilly chanting and ish.

@cgk I might have done the same cgk.
It's the thought that counts imo and if you really think about it those links don't have mj in mind, we want strong roots no? so let that mistake be an accomplishment.
And finally when I mentioned this thursday it was simply in reference to hard to crack beans.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
@cgk I might have done the same cgk.
It's the thought that counts imo and if you really think about it those links don't have mj in mind, we want strong roots no? so let that mistake be an accomplishment.
And finally when I mentioned this thursday it was simply in reference to hard to crack beans.

Cool Cool.....I think its gonna work out just fine :)
.....wait till I show the seeds I put in towels under that Supermoon three days ago !
They are amazing!

ive always planted as the moon is getting bigger, so you would not want to plant on a full moon (in my opinion) as it is going to start getting smaller.

I have always heard it was best to plant cannabis on a "waning moon."
wan'ing moon'
the moon at any time after full moon and before new moon (so called because its illuminated area is decreasing)

sox

sox

Cool Cool.....I think its gonna work out just fine :)
.....wait till I show the seeds I put in towels under that Supermoon three days ago !
They are amazing!

I have always heard it was best to plant cannabis on a "waning moon."
wan'ing moon'
the moon at any time after full moon and before new moon (so called because its illuminated area is decreasing)

hmm i heard that during a waning moon you water a little less because of the pull....Thats why you plant right after or during the new moon, so the pull is greater (as the moon gets bigger).

I could be way off....but this is how ive always thought of it.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
hmm i heard that during a waning moon you water a little less because of the pull....Thats why you plant right after or during the new moon, so the pull is greater (as the moon gets bigger).

I could be way off....but this is how ive always thought of it.

the link that Kolah posted say it all.
great info....But I dunno which is best for cannbiso_O

This link may be of help as I often see folks mixing up Full Moon versus New Moon.

Reactions: mal
sox

sox

the link that Kolah posted say it all.
great info....But I dunno which is best for cannbiso_O

Cannabis flowers above ground, even though were working the soil and giving love to its roots
(im a firm believer that were growing roots not plants, you cant have a healthy plant without healthy roots), i think it still falls into the first category.
Just my 2c :)

V

vierundzwanzig

im glad you both understood my point.
I apologize for any confusion I may have caused.
I have to cull some plants and Im irritated.
I'll get used to it (the culling) because like you cgk my 16 new starts are off and running.
Hats off to those of you maintaining multi strain grows.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Zig; Culling? tell me more. I don't think I cull. :confused:
You mean culling seedlings or males? I don't cull seedlings. :)
I let everything grow ...lol...well for the most part

K

kolah

MJ, being what I consider a a leafy plant with external seeds, I plant it on the waxing moon phases. I planted my Bubba Kush x Blue Moonshine just before that big Super Moon. I planted 6 beans (pre-soaked and stuck in soil) and all six popped without a problem. I take clones on the waning moon phase (which IMO is best for rooting).

nebulius

nebulius

Yea, our native ancestors and a lot closer bond with nature than we do today. I think people are starting to rediscover some of this forgotten knowledge.
I think the Native Americans were some of the best farmers in the world.

V

vierundzwanzig

Zig; Culling? tell me more. I don't think I cull. :confused:
You mean culling seedlings or males? I don't cull seedlings. :)
I let everything grow ...lol...well for the most part

thanks for the introspective thought provoking question cgk people like you and many others that ? why keep fly by the night guys like me on track.
please forgive me when I yas this sdrawskcab lol

I've taken many of my seeds too far.
My methods are changing but I'm working on vegging seeds untopped until they show sex or give me the best impression of their growing habits... clone standouts and move on.

My problem is I have no real standards:rolleyes: to judge by as everything in the tent is maxed out or showing me their best.
If I had stuck to the plan of cloning females and culling the seed I wouldnt have trees in my basement.

I'ts a simple method that I remember reading but find it hard to accomplish because I could Gorilla grow some of them(I'm somewhat of a rebel). side note this is why info from one person changes once it hits the boards,tv,whatever. you I everybody hears/reads what they want to hear/read.

I think I'm back on track 2 c99x and a couple other plants have a low enough profile to be put in a tree. And after inspecting everything else I will decide which 3 or 4 from seed will stay in the flower tent
DSCF13101
this is R.H.S. and an OG x I have two more RHS'S and 3 2 ft x 2 ft kushes that Must go in as they will be the yield for the grow. leaving me with only room for 3 or 4 more plants.
I'm following my brother from another mother Kolah on the moon thing and anything else I can get from him.
MJ, being what I consider a a leafy plant with external seeds, I plant it on the waxing moon phases. I planted my Bubba Kush x Blue Moonshine just before that big Super Moon. I planted 6 beans (pre-soaked and stuck in soil) and all six popped without a problem. I take clones on the waning moon phase (which IMO is best for rooting).
Spirituality goes a long way in times like these so I'm hoarding that ish.

I want to thank every person in this thread because in a couple of days We have gotten my/our grow going in the right direction.
Danke and I hope you are smoking what you want.

nebulius

nebulius

Hey everyone, I'm a seed noob and got a ? I am growing in coco. Should I start my seeds in rockwool or in the coco? If in coco what should I add to coco after flush if anything.

I also have some FF's BushDoctor Microbe Brew it's 1-.2-.03 and is basically Myco's and Beneficial Bacteria, all organic. I'm wondering if it would be beneficial to mix this with distilled water at a PPM of 30-50 and add to "recommended starting medium."

opt1c

opt1c

i use pasteurized coco so i know its sterile... best method i've found cuz coco holds moisture perfect for starting seeds... to pasteurize put a large pot of water on boil in the kitchen; like 4 gals or so... get a plastic bucket and lid... throw as much coco as you can in a paint strainer bag... close it up and place in the plastic bucket... once water boils pour it over the coco in the bucket; fill it up to damn near the top... put the lid on and come back in 90 minutes... pull out the bag and let the water run off... let cool down and bit and you're good to go.... gnat and fungus free coco

420alldaze

420alldaze

@ kolah, thank you so much for all the kind words and thoughts and information that you spread. :) Walk Lightly

@ vier,your on the right track bro. keep things simple until you have a feel for what your plants do. smart move all the way around. i always let a plant do its thing at least once before i tweak,snap and top em'. youll get the hang of it. positive vibes your way. oh and probably coco from what my friends tell meo_O lol 42o

Latest posts

Top Bottom