How I Germinate Seeds

• Thread starter outwest
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dmob

dmob

decent looking method mate.
seems a little overly complicated considering other far simply methods but u definitely covered all bases for the needs of the seedlings!

sky_blue

sky_blue

I'm a paper towel guy but I recently tried the straight to dirt approach. I went out and bought one of those use your soil and make 72 plants, moistened my soil and placed at least 7 packs of seeds in the little things/slots. I even put caps bennies 1/2 way up each hole and filled the rest of the way. A couple of days later about 5-10% of the seeds had sprouted so I took them to the dungeon to put them under the light. Went to check on them the next day and they were dried out badly and the light had pretty much burned them Flouro about 4 " away, sprayed them and moved the light up. Then had an emergency cleanout put them outside and I have 0 survivors. Now I admit that these had a rough run but I killed them all, was like 5 or 600$ there. Made me feel like a real dumb fuck, so I'm going back to the paper towel. Fresh seeds I get 100% others usually 80-90%, I killed a lot of good seeds got some making up to do(to myself)lol. Well thats my sad story, would be even sadder if I told you the seeds I was using. Sometimes in life you've just gotta laugh, its good for you I hear. Take care and hope all is well with you and yours, This is meant to be a funny story and it just happened, going into paper towels tomorrow

mal

Sorry to hear about that Mal. I did basically the same thing - destroyed about $500 in seeds, so I understand that feeling. You have 5 grand in eqpt. waiting to crank up, and then the seedlings all die. It's like your new Ferrari ran out of gas when you left the dealership.

BUT, I learned lessons also. Lt. warrior and Black gold is a good mix to germinate (my old tried and true method), or the General Hydroponic starter cubes are good - but be careful with how wet they are. Whatever is in there to keep it moist for so long has an ability to keep the cubes wet even if R.H. is really low, so it's easy to think it's so dry - something has to be done - which I did, increased the RH to 70%, but then the micro-environment of the germinating cubes were just drenched (no top was put over the cubes).
I'm not a beginner, but definitely a stupid mistake. Best of luck. There's always another grow around the corner....

Latest posts

Top Bottom