How made security!!!!!!

• Thread starter ledweed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

ledweed

Stealth is the best security. If nobody knows it's there then you don't need anything else. To deter people from poking their nose where it doesn't belong an unfriendly dog goes a long way.

If the wrong person finds out about your grow the chances of any "tricks" keeping them out are pretty low because they'll just come back prepared next time.

While the element of surprise is important. this thread is more about slowing down the enemy in order to facilitate an escape.

ttystikk

ttystikk

The toys are cool, but there are serious laws against creating boobytraps, so if the law gets tangled up in them, they'll be far more motivated to find your ass and stick you in jail for a good long time. This plays into the hands of enemies as well- the cops won't care if the person complaining about such traps was sticking their nose in places it didn't belong, they'll use it as an excuse to get rough.

I think that ultimately the best way to go, short of an all-out combat situation (and let's face it, this is guerilla GARDENING, not guerilla warfare!) is good surveillance and intruder alarm style stuff. Keeping it simple., like using little ladyfinger style firecrackers on thread across trails, the ones that don't need an ignition source, just to be pulled, would do fine to alert you that someone unwelcome is nearby, and it won't get you 20 years for attempted murder.

If you have thugs coming to your home grow to rob you, then the bottom line is you've already lost your garden- it's just a matter of whether the thugs or the law gets it. How many extra charges do you want?

Your best bet for deterrence is to cause a ruckus OUTSIDE, preferably in your yard or the street in front of oyur place, so the thugs get noticed and leave before the law shows up and ruins their plans. To do this, cameras on motion sensors is key, as are lights and noise. If you can draw attention to them before they get in your house, you stand a much better chance of saving your crops, your ass- and your privacy.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
On a more positive note. I + rep everyone that contributed to this thread. :)
No you didn't. At least someone here knows that you're a liar.
Stealth is the best security. If nobody knows it's there then you don't need anything else. To deter people from poking their nose where it doesn't belong an unfriendly dog goes a long way.

If the wrong person finds out about your grow the chances of any "tricks" keeping them out are pretty low because they'll just come back prepared next time.
I could be wrong, but so far our methods are working. We have a series of alarms set up with trip wires, and we also have surveillance set up. It's been two... no, three years since I've been 'visited' (read: ripped) and so far so good. That, or they're really preparing!

L

ledweed

No you didn't. At least someone here knows that you're a liar.

I could be wrong, but so far our methods are working. We have a series of alarms set up with trip wires, and we also have surveillance set up. It's been two... no, three years since I've been 'visited' (read: ripped) and so far so good. That, or they're really preparing!

wow your really trying to troll me into an argument because i told you to stop trying to highjack/mute my thread... lols ... your laughable at best!

Since you've been such a long standing member you should know that you can only rep so much within a 24 hour period? Orrrrrr am i am still lying? lol you jumped the gun to fast and made yourself look like a fool?

i repped from the beginning of the thread and again ... I REP THOSE WHO CONTRIBUTED ... even you because you did contribute! ... regardless if you tried to take over my thread with your non sense!

Calm down seimen maiden your showing your ugly side! :hi lol

S

Sunbiz1

Righty on then

here is a few ideas for ya'll to think about ...

- Vaseline on select stairs to trip up intruders?
- A board with screws/nails facing upwards (at the doors/windows) (on the ground)
- Re enforced barricade so that doors are not easily opened even with a battering ram.
- Cement walls/blocks in front of doors/windows
- Ignition switch that would fire up inside your laptop/computer which sets fire to your hard drive
-Encrypted cam system which can be access from outside the property via smartphone
- trip wire that sets off steam or gas?

Any other ideas outther? pics? :P lol

:character0095:

I have an idea. Learn how to grow safer before you wind up with an enhanced felony growing case or worse. Threads such as this are a good means to finding yourself on a government watch dog list. Idiots such as you give the industry a bad name.

L

ledweed

The toys are cool, but there are serious laws against creating boobytraps, so if the law gets tangled up in them, they'll be far more motivated to find your ass and stick you in jail for a good long time. This plays into the hands of enemies as well- the cops won't care if the person complaining about such traps was sticking their nose in places it didn't belong, they'll use it as an excuse to get rough.

I think that ultimately the best way to go, short of an all-out combat situation (and let's face it, this is guerilla GARDENING, not guerilla warfare!) is good surveillance and intruder alarm style stuff. Keeping it simple., like using little ladyfinger style firecrackers on thread across trails, the ones that don't need an ignition source, just to be pulled, would do fine to alert you that someone unwelcome is nearby, and it won't get you 20 years for attempted murder.

If you have thugs coming to your home grow to rob you, then the bottom line is you've already lost your garden- it's just a matter of whether the thugs or the law gets it. How many extra charges do you want?

Your best bet for deterrence is to cause a ruckus OUTSIDE, preferably in your yard or the street in front of oyur place, so the thugs get noticed and leave before the law shows up and ruins their plans. To do this, cameras on motion sensors is key, as are lights and noise. If you can draw attention to them before they get in your house, you stand a much better chance of saving your crops, your ass- and your privacy.

private property means ... private ... stay the fuck out or suffer consequences.

& you can't predict every scenario bro, maybe your safe with your tactics, but others may need more serious ones? for example some people actually have real farms, real massive crops? not talking about your average joe with a tent in a closet no more and thus if those situation call for serious force then why not be prepared.

The way i see it is if people that don't have much to loose, surely you'll say you don't need much security ... i could see why its not feasible but the real pro's (usually serious, larger farmers)... the professionals see security as just another important variable in the operation.

Oh and one last thing ... charges? wow you sound like you would give up with just a knock on the door from the law. Face it, when the law comes you either give up or you run. Again, these tactics by you time, once your gone and safe do you actually give a shit about the charges????? NO you got away ... and your safe and sound!

lol just explain the traps by saying somethings been killing my livestock and i want to trap it ... if you really wanted to waist your time with that kinda thing. Also that's why lawyers exist!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
wow your really trying to troll me into an argument because i told you to stop trying to highjack/mute my thread... lols ... your laughable at best!
Ok, then why aren't you laughing? :giggle I am.
Since you've been such a long standing member you should know that you can only rep so much within a 24 hour period? Orrrrrr am i am still lying? lol you jumped the gun to fast and made yourself look like a fool?
How did I make myself look like a fool? By pointing out that you're a liar? Or shall I point out how you can't read or search the forums, and that if you had you would have found multiple threads on this very subject? Naw, far be it for me to do that. :)
i repped from the beginning of the thread and again ... I REP THOSE WHO CONTRIBUTED ... even you because you did contribute! ... regardless if you tried to take over my thread with your non sense!

Calm down seimen maiden your showing your ugly side! :hi lol
I'm pretty calm. Doesn't mean I won't call bullshit when I see it. :hi

So, you gonna ding everyone else who says something you don't like here, seeing as how it's 'your' thread? Let me know if you do, I'll unding each and every one of them. :makeup

L

ledweed

I have an idea. Learn how to grow safer before you wind up with an enhanced felony growing case or worse. Threads such as this are a good means to finding yourself on a government watch dog list. Idiots such as you give the industry a bad name.

give me a break... another troll lol. I clearly don't give a shit about the gov. You seriously think they give a shit about you? omg lol Also its funny that you think you can tell me what to do even after having the thread being approved by logic.

Oh and for those intimidated by this person...Don't be. First off this server is in an entirely other country, it's out of my gov's jurisdiction. Also to be clear i never threatened anyone, I'm not trying to be part of some extremist group or anything like that. All i want(ed) to do is protect my private property. Stop being a brain washed sheep. You shouldn't fear your gov, it should fear you!

You should really get a better education while your at it because your lack of knowledge is really pathetic ... I am talking DEFENSE ... NOT OFFENSE. not running around like a fool inviting trouble. This is about repelling trouble! Get it yet or do you need for me to explain this concept more in depth for you?

Come to think of it, you trolls are trying to bait me into getting into a debate/argument about is this right. Clearly admins approved it thus I won't even reply to anyone that is not here to contribute to the subject matter. I'm not going to get baited into that which leads into a ban. Keep trying, I'm not biting. lol

If you don't like this thread you don't need to participate in it ... That being said, fuck you and have a good day haters. :hi

I also wanted to take this time to thank those that have contributed to the thread and don't be afraid of the people that say it isn't right, the thread is NOT about if its right or not ... IT IS HERE TO STAY and you have a right to your opinions. Oh and thank you again for participating.

L

ledweed

Ok, then why aren't you laughing? :giggle I am.

How did I make myself look like a fool? By pointing out that you're a liar? Or shall I point out how you can't read or search the forums, and that if you had you would have found multiple threads on this very subject? Naw, far be it for me to do that. :)

I'm pretty calm. Doesn't mean I won't call bullshit when I see it. :hi

So, you gonna ding everyone else who says something you don't like here, seeing as how it's 'your' thread? Let me know if you do, I'll unding each and every one of them. :makeup

You made yourself look like a fool by accusing me of lying about repping people. Which i proved that I wasn't lying. i did + rep the people that contributed. It's not nice to sling accusations as such, especially after knowing that your wrong. >< That's how you made yourself look like a fool!

I ding, those that try to interrupt which is what you've clearly being trying to do. Is it out of line for me to ask that you stop? I don't think so and I won;t let you and the other trolls tell me different. If you were staff then i would respect that. But in all reality your nothing to me. Who are you... some kind of forum dictator? Seems to me like you have ego issues and don't like to be told! Oh and about me searching the forum and checking out other threads ... That's old info, and I wanted more recent info. In this thread we have original content. I'm not copying and pasting or taking content from another page ... lol, trying to play the role of a staff member? lame

Ok, now that that's clear, I won't participate in trolls trying to bait me into arguing anymore. :hi

To the people that want to participate don't let these fools stop you.

To the haters/trolls ... Do us all a favor. stop trying to interrupt all the time. It's really making you look (once again)... foolish. LOL

logic

logic

Administrator
Staff
ledweed change your attitude or you will find yourself banned soon...show some respect to other members of the farm....you dont need to reply to this :)

T

TreFarmer

ledweed change your attitude or you will find yourself banned soon...show some respect to other members of the farm....you dont need to reply to this :)
LOGIC,
+1 if you demolish this thread... it became a waste of time and digibites. It isn't really a thread as much as a rant now, as other contradictory viewpoints are considered trolling...:( too bad it WAS shaping to be pretty good.

S

Sunbiz1

give me a break... another troll lol. I clearly don't give a shit about the gov. You seriously think they give a shit about you? omg lol Also its funny that you think you can tell me what to do even after having the thread being approved by logic.

Oh and for those intimidated by this person...Don't be. First off this server is in an entirely other country, it's out of my gov's jurisdiction. Also to be clear i never threatened anyone, I'm not trying to be part of some extremist group or anything like that. All i want(ed) to do is protect my private property. Stop being a brain washed sheep. You shouldn't fear your gov, it should fear you!

You should really get a better education while your at it because your lack of knowledge is really pathetic ... I am talking DEFENSE ... NOT OFFENSE. not running around like a fool inviting trouble. This is about repelling trouble! Get it yet or do you need for me to explain this concept more in depth for you?

Come to think of it, you trolls are trying to bait me into getting into a debate/argument about is this right. Clearly admins approved it thus I won't even reply to anyone that is not here to contribute to the subject matter. I'm not going to get baited into that which leads into a ban. Keep trying, I'm not biting. lol

If you don't like this thread you don't need to participate in it ... That being said, fuck you and have a good day haters. :hi

I also wanted to take this time to thank those that have contributed to the thread and don't be afraid of the people that say it isn't right, the thread is NOT about if its right or not ... IT IS HERE TO STAY and you have a right to your opinions. Oh and thank you again for participating.

I'm not even going to read your second sentence, you described yourself in the first:

Troll:
In modern English usage, the verb troll is a fishing technique of slowly dragging a lure or baited hook from a moving boat. The word evokes the trolls of Scandinavian folklore and children's tales, where they are often creatures bent on mischief and wickedness.

Look in the mirror, you will most likely find your own reflection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom