How Many Times Can You Top A Plant?

• Thread starter Betico
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

Single plant. Trained and topped... a few times. Over a hundred colas 😂🤣🤷🏻‍♂️ I personally believe there is no limit

6F2EA853 3E13 4F33 A95E 3621EE895C76

BuzzDaddy

BuzzDaddy

I’m doing the manifold method this round and couldn’t be happier so far. Google Nebula Manifold. Basically:
  • When plants have 4 full nodes or more, top to just above 3rd node and remove everything below it, leaving only the set of 3rd node fan leaves and shoots
  • When the two new main stems have 4 nodes or more, repeat
  • This will give each plant 4 main stem colas (or you can leave nodes 1 and 3 on the second topping to get 8 main stems, if you have the space)
  • When you switch to 12/12, remove all fan leaves from the middle down
  • The goal is to keep a flat canopy of big colas
[/QUOTEH]Hey dreamgreen, ehen you did the manifold technic how did you control all the little shoots that came up in the center of you 8, 16 or 32 colas? When I did the manifold, the 16 colas were huge and really long but had a bunch of smaller shots come up in the middle. I've attached a few pics.

20190608 140711 001
20190613 085216
20190613 075608
dreamgreen

dreamgreen

Nice! I keep everything cleared from the middle down, or basically from the bottom of the 4 main stems down (or 8, 16, whatever). Any growth tips/fan leaves above that, on the main stems themselves, are left alone.

G

Growkings1

What does everyone think did I do okay? There pretty much dry after 3 days one snapped so Im getting ready to cure

G

Growkings1

What does everyone think did I do okay? There pretty much dry after 3 days one snapped so Im getting ready to cure
They all still smell nice look makes me fill sick the smell is to much usually it would smell like hay it this stage but it smells good and is very sticky

H

hawkman

[/QUOT
depending on the strain 3 days dry will work - like you said the stem "break's" = ready for the cure !!! Nice

Enforcer

Enforcer

Once you top, give the plant a week to recover before doing any more. You can top as many times as you want. But stop topping the plant at least two weeks before sending it into flower. Otherwise you’ll end up with small Y shaped buds on the branches that were topped right before flowering.

H

hawkman

Once you top, give the plant a week to recover before doing any more. You can top as many times as you want. But stop topping the plant at least two weeks before sending it into flower. Otherwise you’ll end up with small Y shaped buds on the branches that were topped right before flowering.
how many node before topping a 2nd time ?

Enforcer

Enforcer

how many node before topping a 2nd time ?
It’s your preference depending on your goals, like how many branches your trying to develop. You can top the next node if you like. I just like to give them a week in between topping events. Because topping is moderately stressful for the plant.

Top Bottom