How many watts for a 2x4 growspace

• Thread starter Newbie27
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Newbie27

Newbie27

Yea i kno but which is better for a 2x4 one priced at 240 watts for $170
Or one that produces 240 watts for $80 even if i get 2 of the $80 it would be more watts more coverage ect every led light produces heat spider farmer led produces heat as well as mars hydro you have to ventilate the tent thats all in my book but hey imma newbie so not much experience here!
What can we go off for buying led lights the diodes? Or the wattage confused.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

What can we go off for buying led lights the diodes? Or the wattage confused.
I added to my above post. It's not heat. It's intensity. I would put cobs in my greenhouse at 7.5' from the ground. I could probably get away with that. The diffused light inside my tent is so much better than any of the cob lights I've built ... and I've built many.

Newbie27

Newbie27

I've ordered from Kingbrite 3 times. None of my orders took more than a week to arrive. I'm concerned about that cob light. If it were me, I would circle back and look at anything that has the LM301b or h LED diode. My experience with cobs in a tent was hot spots.

Edit: Let me expand on that. Keep in mind that I'm a skilled trade worker so DIY is second nature since I do it everyday to feed my family. I built a cob light.

It was a mix of burple and white LEDs each chip was 50 watts. (700watts + fans ... pulled about 850w from the wall) The heatsinks were well cooled. You could put y our hands on them and it would only feel warm. It was a well built light but it fried my plants that were directly underneath it. Cobs are better suited mounted well above the plants.
Nice!

Newbie27

Newbie27

I added to my above post. It's not heat. It's intensity. I would put cobs in my greenhouse at 7.5' from the ground. I could probably get away with that. The diffused light inside my tent is so much better than any of the cob lights I've built ... and I've built many.
But aint intensity what we going for?

Newbie27

Newbie27

Agree and SF, mars and all those have that light beat also. Yes they all produce heat but you will see what I mean if you ever did a side by side.
Would they have it beat bcuz of the intensity?
I dont understand are you going off of lux par coverage or intensity?

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Intensity is directly related to efficacy and wattage. And we want even coverage not cog spot lights... especially if height limited.

We been through all this. Its not my grow if ya wanna spend 80 and your good with that then uts up to you.
I second that ... You have $80.00 today. Maybe after you get paid again, you will have the rest. Save up for the light with the right LEDs for your grow. You will thank me later. Promises!

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

So your saying using these light at the right distance will still give my plants burns ?
The cob lights I have built would require 3 to 5 feet between the top of your plants and the light. At 18 inches, your plants would die. I'm going to bet you that your $80.00 light has 10 watt cobs so it's really only 50 - 60 watts of light. The rest is fan wattage.

Newbie27

Newbie27

I second that ... You have $80.00 today. Maybe after you get paid again, you will have the rest. Save up for the light with the right LEDs for your grow. You will thank me later. Promises!
Its not the money thats the problem you say save up but for what light lol i dont know what to choose hints thread title

Newbie27

Newbie27

The cob lights I have built would require 3 to 5 feet between the top of your plants and the light. At 18 inches, your plants would die. I'm going to bet you that your $80.00 light has 10 watt cobs so it's really only 50 - 60 watts of light. The rest is fan wattage.
😳 i think your wrong

Screenshot 20210126 174043
Screenshot 20210126 174053
MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Its not the money thats the problem you say save up but for what light lol i dont know what to choose hints thread title
I've been involved in many of those discussions. They are all over this board. lol. Do a search ... you will find them. If money isn't the issue, purchase something you will be happy with. I think the Amazon light you are interested in would end up being a disappointment to you.

AND

Personally, I would go with 320watts of light from the wall in a 2 x 4. It's a bit over-kill so be sure to get a light that has a dimmer.

Newbie27

Newbie27

I also checked out reviews from this light and it is a beast for the price and dont see thw diff from this one and mars hydro👀

Newbie27

Newbie27

I've been involved in many of those discussions. They are all over this board. lol. Do a search ... you will find them. If money isn't the issue, purchase something you will be happy with. I think the Amazon light you are interested in would end up being a disappointment to you.

AND

Personally, I would go with 320watts of light from the wall in a 2 x 4. It's a bit over-kill so be sure to get a light that has a dimmer.
Its a 240 from the wall thats the wattage for a 2x4 tent

Newbie27

Newbie27

It's NOT pulling 1500watts from the wall. That's an advertising ploy and you're buying into it. Find out exactly what wattage it's pulling from the wall.
Its pulling 240 FROM THE WALLL IT SAYS IT IN THE PICTURE MAN READ!!!!!

Top Bottom