how much are dispensaries paying for a pound?

• Thread starter danko
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

Farmer Jon

Premium Member
Supporter
This thread kills me...so many variables so little time.
I say stop growing for any reason other than the love of growing and the rest will fall into place...and you can quote me on that :)

FJ

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
My problem is the love of growing! I loves to grow to much!

M

MoneyMike

My problem is the love of growing! I loves to grow to much!

Exactly...I started out for myself, then start showing a few friends and then got creative. The demand was astronomical. I love what I do.:)

GanjaGardener

GanjaGardener

GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

Anyone have an update for this thread? Talked to an old friend in South lake Tahoe recently. Says the clubs there max out at 2500 for indoor fire nowadays. I suggested he try driving it to Sac to see if he can do better there. He told me he heard it was the same deal in Sac.

I just checked weedmaps and most of the dispensaries are still asking $50/8th, $300+/oz. So offering 2500/elbow to vendors for fire seems like BS.

Anybody with first hand vending experience in the Tahoe/Sac area feel like chiming in on the climate there? PM if necessary.

M

mc_lazy_is

So ive read almost every single post in this thread and ive been a vendor in the SoCal area for the last 3 years and have seen prices drop tremendously. I know there are clubs still in hollywood/LA paying 4200-4600 MAX for Ridiculous OG and i mean RIDICULOUS!! But even those clubs are few and far between it is almost impossible in this day and age to get over 3800 for good OG. If you have all tops trimmed perfectly with bag apeal smell and everything then yes u might be able to get 4k a lb if you find the right idiot. But from my experience in the last 3 months to even get 3200-3800 it has to be a good quality popular strain. OGs,Bubbas,Jack Herers. And as someone had mentioned before there are way more clubs doing consignment now and the quality of herb is going down. For all of you that are arguing about prices, Nobody is wrong because im sure there are people that are still getting 4000-4600 a lb. But like i said they are few and far between. Especially with all the clubs doing 35-45 dollar 8th caps now, that if you even say 4k+ they will laugh at you. My advice if you got top shelf good OG start at 3800 and see where u can take it. And for those of you who are getting 4k+ per lb keep doing what your doing and don't lose those relationships lol.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I'm going to suggest that if there are people still getting that much per pound, they're not moving product to dispensaries.
:makeup

S

swayzie

...more like they bring product that speaks for itself and have no trouble getting those prices all the time.

S

sumo

most clubs are shady! beware of the fruitridge club. shady as they come.

delae632

delae632

IG @delae_632
Supporter
I have some associates who would add an exclamation point to that statement. They spent 10's of thousands of dollars on lawyers and a CPA to make sure all of the i's were dotted and t's crossed- incorporated, registered w/ the state, county, PG&E, paying taxes and presumably doing everything by the letter of the law. The sheriffs came in, (I'm not certain if the DEA was involved), did a romp and stomp and asked questions later. No charges were initially filed, no arrests, no computers confiscated- just a total destruction of 2010's outdoor crop and some irreplaceable genetics in their indoor rooms. Charges were later filed and are currently up for dismissal. Given the facts, it's a forgone conclusion that they will be dismissed. My friends have filed a suit but the damage has been done. This is what can happen to people who do everything in their power to go legit.

is this pcc you're speaking of?

D

DazedNconfussed

Hey Bro's, Any opinions on what I should ask for some killer big Casey Jones in the sacramento area. I'm gonna be hittin the local disp soon and am a little out of the loop on current prices. When I started this grow I thought 2500 per pound would be a decent price, but after hearin a few horror stories not sure if its more like 2000, 1500????

I dont wanna undercut myself, or get laughed out of the place.

Also, Casey Jones, I took a look tonight and couldnt find any disp carryin it. I mean I personaly love it, one of my favorite sativa's. Be honest, is Casey just not as popular as it use to be and no matter how good the meds are, there always gonna be bottom tier?

urbanfog

urbanfog

Im not sure on the dispensary purchase, but I am seeing oz's on craaiglist going for 175-225. Its more work though. plus dealing with cl flakes :(

I belong to 3 collectives here in Sacramento, and have not seen any Casey Jones any time in the last 6-8 months, but I am a newb to medical mj as of fall last year.

UF

D

DazedNconfussed

Hey thanks for the info...Yeah I'm not willing to risk craigslist dealings. Too much risk. Anymore opinions?

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
cops been setting up busts on craigslist forever now

happened near me 2 years ago - guy agreed to sell 2 lbs and then was smart enough to bring a gun with him to the meet

Top Bottom