how much are dispensaries paying for a pound?

• Thread starter danko
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

ouch... I wonder what kinda time that guy is getting..

where is the dumbass icon .. :giggle

Blaze

Blaze

Where did you hear this?

Someone I know got busted recently responding to a Craig's List ad in the Chico area. The ad read something like "will trade for 215" (it was for a used truck supposedly.) When the guy showed up with a few elbows to trade, he had a gun and badge pulled on him and was promptly arrested. Next day they served a warrant on his house and busted him for cultivation. He probably won't be serving much time luckily, but he will be having to pay a pretty hefty "stupid tax" with all the legal fees and what not.

People seem to forget that it is still ILLEGAL, even with medical, to sell or trade cannabis here in Cali. Legal medical cannabis here is supposed to be a non-profit closed loop system, you can't go trading or selling meds to people who are not part of your co-op legally.

GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

Your boy brought multiple elbows to a first meet? Wow. "Stupid tax" is right. I always have an armed partner carry the medicine in a different car parked nearby. Only after I've seen the paperwork, photo I.D. and have some conversation do I give the nod for him to come over with the goods. If they are going to move on you it's going to happen quick. I think they assume everyone has it in their back seat, lol. Be safe folks.

GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

cops been setting up busts on craigslist forever now

happened near me 2 years ago - guy agreed to sell 2 lbs and then was smart enough to bring a gun with him to the meet
I've heard stories (both robberies and busts), but nothing ever confirmed first hand.

GanjaGardener

GanjaGardener

Your boy brought multiple elbows to a first meet? Wow. "Stupid tax" is right. I always have an armed partner carry the medicine in a different car parked nearby. Only after I've seen the paperwork, photo I.D. and have some conversation do I give the nod for him to come over with the goods. If they are going to move on you it's going to happen quick. I think they assume everyone has it in their back seat, lol. Be safe folks.
Holy Shit! I used to have brass balls like that- don't know what I would've done back then, but today guns and weed don't mix. That's my perspective and I'm not asking anyone to share it w/ me nor am I judging. If I needed a gun, I'd be in the wrong business, but I haven't walked a mile in yer shoes, either, pardner. (hope I read yer post right. little bit ripped, ATM)

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
Id have to agree about guns and pot

if you have to make your living with armed guards and selling to people off craiglist you may want to rethink your whole process

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Yeah... my attorney told me I had to get rid of our BB/pellet gun (it shoots both)! I told him I thought that was ridiculous, but he was emphatic. He also told I can't even share my weed, irrespective of whether or not I got money in return, with others.

I haven't heeded that advice. I mean, come on, man..! I can't burn a few with my friends? But, in the strictest sense that's where I'm at (geographically speaking).

S

SLO Grown

"how much are dispensaries paying for a pound?

MJ is inflated. Legalize and pay nothing.....

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I no longer support legalization in any way, shape or form. Why? The Hemp Farming Bill just passed here in California in combination with the new patents on pot being granted to big pharma.

Chimeric marriages will lead us to a new monster that we never could have imagined. Once it's actually "legalized" WE won't be able to grow for ourselves, just like it used to be with tobacco. I'm sure this is the way we're headed, for as long as we live in a state where farmers can't save their own seed without permission.

No legalization. Decrim.... possibly, but no legalization. I'd rather we keep it to ourselves than let an outfit like Bristol-Meyer Squibb marry an outfit like Monsanto, and that *is* what's coming down the pipeline.

Myopia. We haz it.

GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

Guns and weed mix like Gin and Tonic. So do guns and mashed potatoes. Guns are the great equalizer and every citizen should have at least one, and know how to use it. If you have ever lived in Great Britain you would trip out. Those fuckers are violent as hell. Kicking each other's ass every day over nothing. Guess what? NO guns. America is a much less violent country (despite what the media projects). The reason? Guns.

Oh and I'm definitely not recommending people sell or buy on internet classified boards like budtrader or craigslist. Although I've done it myself a number of times successfully and met some super cool folks I'll probably know the rest of my life, it IS riskier than other more traditional avenues. Risk vs. reward has to be calculated by the individual.

GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

I no longer support legalization in any way, shape or form. Why? The Hemp Farming Bill just passed here in California in combination with the new patents on pot being granted to big pharma.

Chimeric marriages will lead us to a new monster that we never could have imagined. Once it's actually "legalized" WE won't be able to grow for ourselves, just like it used to be with tobacco. I'm sure this is the way we're headed, for as long as we live in a state where farmers can't save their own seed without permission.

No legalization. Decrim.... possibly, but no legalization. I'd rather we keep it to ourselves than let an outfit like Bristol-Meyer Squibb marry an outfit like Monsanto, and that *is* what's coming down the pipeline.

Myopia. We haz it.

I agree with you. Unfortunately I don't think there is anything we can do to prevent it. The patent has been secured and the land has been purchased. Big business is coming. Get him a kleenex.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I agree with you. Unfortunately I don't think there is anything we can do to prevent it. The patent has been secured and the land has been purchased. Big business is coming. Get him a kleenex.
SONOFABITCH! :mad0233:
We never saw it coming until it was too late. Oh! What's that? A light at the end of the tunnel? Yup. It's the train headed for a direct collision.

GanjaGardener

GanjaGardener

I'm not against firearms per se and used to have a double chambered pellet gun (illegal) w/ the velocity of a .22 that I used for varmint control. Ground squirrels are a bitch to trap, they're too smart for poison and they procreate like rabbits. When they started burrowing under my foundation, pulling the trigger was a no brainer, stoned or not. Having a back-up w/ a rifle or hand gun at a meet is an entirely different matter, the firearm being the only common denominator.

I listen to sports radio while I'm at work in the "shop" and have been closely following the NFL owners and players negotiations. Fans are generally pissed off and impatient w/ the whole ordeal and just want it to get over so that their fantasy football season isn't interrupted or their normal Sunday routine isn't threatened come autumn.

The line between players and owners is drawn, talk show hosts stir up the debate, and passionate fans call in ranting about the greedy owners or players, depending upon which side of the fence they are on. I'm not above the fray but I don't get where people are coming from rooting for one side or the other as if they had a vested interest or as if either side- owner or player would give them the time of day if they were to meet them in the rw.

What makes me incredulous is that the third party who fuels the whole enterprise isn't being represented. In the 3-4 months that I've been listening, there has been no mention of protecting the fan's (AKA, the public's) interest in the affair. The people who are buying tickets, jerseys, plunking down $10 for a beer, or watching the TV advertising that's aimed at their demographic have no representation, no voice.

The owners want more, the players want more and the people who are footing the bill are taking sides over who should be gaining the most and ultimately squeezing more money out of their pockets when the prices of tickets or advertised products go up to keep the ledgers straight.

Individuals w/ extraordinary talent and management, (headcutting? ie Trump) skills are held in high regard in our society. They are, and should be duly rewarded, but how many zeros and commas does a paycheck need to be considered due compensation? Does 'just' compensation fir into the equation? Does it sound unreasonable to have a third party sitting at the negotiating table representing the consumer in this affair? It doesn't take a genius to tell you what the owners and players answer would be to that question, but than those guys are only interested in how to divide up the (our) money and increase the revenue stream up to the top so that they can have even more of our money to play with.

How the hell did the public- the majority that anyone reading this likely belongs to, loose control of the train? The public got a pretty good hoodwinking 70 years ago, too, but at least that one was played out behind closed doors. This one's being played out right in front of our faces and we, the social collective consciousness, are still calling the shit chocolate pudding. Shame on us!

I, like Seamaiden, have had it w/ playing the game. Fuck being legal and fuck civil disobedience. If the powers that be dismiss us, are deaf to our voices and continue fucking w/ us, anarchy is the only effective alternative that we have left and if that path is inevitable I might just have to rethink my position on guns. I pray, (and I'm not much of a prayer), that it will never come to that.

GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

I'm with you ganja gardner. Now how do we get the other three hundred ten million nine hundred ninety-nine thousand nine hundred ninety-nine people educated, persuaded and motivated?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Shoot 'em in the feet, tell 'em to dance.

It worked on Scott Schapper! :giggle
(Well, he danced.)

GanjaGardener

GanjaGardener

GTB- I'll tet you once I figure out how deep I still am in the matrix.

GanjaGardener

GanjaGardener

Shoot 'em in the feet, tell 'em to dance.

It worked on Scott Schapper! :giggle
(Well, he danced.)
A little slow on the uptake, but I've been tripped out by Seamaiden, yet, again.
Upon reading the post, my first thought was "OMG! Not another weird thing we have in common!" And then I realized that she wasn't referring to Craig Schaeffer on ESPN radio... the context seemed a little weird, too.

So, not wanting to appear uninformed/dumb I google "Scott Schapper news"
and this all too familiar prompt comes up.->
Showing results for Scott Schaper news. Search instead for Scott Schapper news.

I take the "search instead" one for a change. Seamaiden doesn't mispell like I do sometimes, and certainly not on a link. sheesh!

So "Scott Schapper news" comes up and the first hit is a PDF :
Seismic Velocity Anisotropy in the Illizi Basin of Eastern Algeria

I'm warmed up now, so I blow that page off, click back to the correct spelling, read the story and ask myself, "Where the hell have I been?"

Thx for bringing me up to speed, Seamaiden I'm sure your hubbie is a resilient man.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
And patient, too.

LMAO!!!

Sorry about that. I have these flashbacks to my youth. Scott was the brother of a girl I used to show horses with, we were trained out of the same barn. Back then, Scott was a PRICK. One day, I decided he needed a taste of his own medicine. Time to Dance! This was decades before River Dance, but he did kinda (finally) dance like that.

All it took was a pellet gun, aim, and a little determination.

Hopefully the statute of limitations has run out.

GanjaGardener

GanjaGardener

Sea- Thanks for giving me some material to let the freak flag fly a little.

Regarding NFL negotiation post ^^
While I look at the dealings as a microcosm of how the world's movers and shakers operate, w/ an annual budget of $9,300,000,000, this deal has legs of it's own. For some perspective-
9 billion dollars and change, (remember, this is per year) is:
- enough to buy 18.6 billion iPad 2s
- pay the Presidents salary for the next 23,250 years
- $1.6 billion more than the gross domestic product of the Bahamas
- more than 42 times the present day value of the Louisiana Purchase
- 39 times the official budget of James Cameron's Avatar
- enough to give every human on earth $1.34

^^ courtesy of Sporting News Magazine

- buy one hundred eighty-six million 1/8ths @ $50 ea
- buy 3,100,000 LBs @ $3,000/LB wholesale

What do the unusually transparent (at this level) negotiations between NFL owners and players have to do w/ the mmj market and the price per pound @ dispensaries? Think about it.

Clue: pharmaceutical companies<->federal government, current mj growers and dispensaries. In which direction do you predict that the money will go? Which parties will have the most clout at the negotiating table? Whose side are you on? The growers or the dispensaries?

Top Bottom