how much are dispensaries paying for a pound?

• Thread starter danko
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

paulycali

Just remember, we are unregulated as far as labeling goes. Some very sick patients (I have two) are relaying on organic bud to truly be organic. Make sure you are always very truthful about your nutes as well as any nonorganic pesticides or fungicides.

Some folks with severely compromised immune systems could take in a lungful of something with say, residue that can easily cause a lung infection, where a normallyb healthy person, would not find any trouble metabolizing a bit of leftover chemical in the product.

Gotta be safety and ethically grown if you want to do this thing right. No problem using synthetic nutes...perfectly fine, but just make sure you never label the product organic for thus reason above all others. My two cents bout that.

Good post! Agree 100% :)

P

paperplane

Synthetic or Oragnic? Synthetic is Minerals pulled straight out of the ground. The only thing synthesised are the chelating agents. Mineral Based Nutes is a better term. Its just Minerals broken down to its raw form. simplicity of nutritional needs, tends to work the best. when you start complicating things with multiple additives, and BS snake oils that only play with the uptake of readily available foods and fuck w PH. when you use all these things, it's hard to distinguish what product might be giving you issues. I try to keep it short & sweet. I dont believe that "Organic" Meds are better or worse than Mineral Based Meds. Its about the grower and how he uses his products. Less is More!

B

Bluenote

Synthetic or Oragnic? Synthetic is Minerals pulled straight out of the ground. The only thing synthesised are the chelating agents. Mineral Based Nutes is a better term. Its just Minerals broken down to its raw form. simplicity of nutritional needs, tends to work the best. when you start complicating things with multiple additives, and BS snake oils that only play with the uptake of readily available foods and fuck w PH. when you use all these things, it's hard to distinguish what product might be giving you issues. I try to keep it short & sweet. I dont believe that "Organic" Meds are better or worse than Mineral Based Meds. Its about the grower and how he uses his products. Less is More!

This^^^^^^^^^

And Pauly touched upon a good point , a lot is in how you cure and dry your product. Don't get in a hurry.

As for prices , it's cyclical supply and demand , same as any other ag commodity. So of course it's dirt cheap up here in far northern Cal , so are clones for that matter.

It will cycle back and stabilise , face it what with 19 and everything a whole slew of starry-eyed profit greedy folks jumped in , prices plummeted and those same folks got out when their " million dollars" didn't magically appear and they realised that this can be WORK. Doesn't bother me too much though since of course those types are responsible for a good portion of the lightly used equipment around for DIRT cheap at the moment.

And then of course we have whatever the flavor/strain fad of the year is at a given time , right now it looks like Girl Scout Cookies , Cherry Pie and Sonoma Coma will be the fad for a minute or two , at least 'round the Bay area and Sac , not so much in the Far north end of the state.

And folks up here are still waiting with bated breath to find out exactly how far the federal crackdown is going to go , a lot of us feel that there is another shoe poised to drop. There were certainly enough of 'em around this last summer and fall , every freaking third Suburban and Crown Vic in Trinity county had a G plate it seemed like for a while there.

All in all it's nothing that hasn't occured before when you really look at it , every decade or so they come in and beat their chests and wave the federal pecker around and shake it threateningly for a season or so and then everything goes back to normal for a while.

The caveat is that this time there may be more at stake , I haven't tracked 'em down but there are enoug rumors of Big Pharma money and Big Tobacco money purchasing large tracts within the Emerald Triangle to make one wonder if it's not all about to get hijacked by big Corporate interests and leave all of us out in the cold as the equivalent of moonshiners , take a look at what you get for growing unlicensed tobacco in certain states for an example of where we may end up.

Big Pharma wants to put it in a capsule and profit , Big Tobacco wants to sell " MarlBoro Purple 100 Filters" or some such crap like it ( you just watch) and profit , the politicians are looking towards the tax revenue and.............
..........profit.

Bleak picture 'eh? But *maybe* not , the big majors can't do what we do just as they cannot do what the *really* good Wine Makers do , and that's going to be our niche , high-end *quality* to give folks an alternative to the flood of factory CRAP that's gonna flood us twenty years down the road. Boutique Growers if you want to call it that , folks willing to put the time and care into to get quality.

Who knows but what there may come a day when we can actually set up a stand at the local farmers market just like other folks with produce.

singingcrow

singingcrow

Loved reading youf post Bluenote. Big pharm is already trying to seclude and patent the molecules they see marketable to the general public. Give it 3 years...I agree. Boutique, high-quality growers will be all that is left. Every other commercial grower will quit since costs won't make up with profits against a perscription available for PCPs to give to the "normal" folks. It'll be big pharm MMJ or boutique MMJ.

P

paperplane

Its just like GMO fruits and Vegetables and organic supermarkets where your fruits and veges cost twice as much. There will always be a NICHE for quality grown produce.

B

Bluenote

Its just like GMO fruits and Vegetables and organic supermarkets where your fruits and veges cost twice as much. There will always be a NICHE for quality grown produce.

WIILLLL.NOT. crawl Up on this Monsanto Soapbox.MUST resist.

I despise Monsanto , and dupont , and Smithfield Foods....

Yeah Monsanto , the wonderful folks who brought us DDT , 2-4-d , 2-4-5t , dioxin , PCBs , Agent Orange...................now rampaging within the genetic structure of our food supply. And not just the food supply , check Monsanto and cotton sometime , they want control of that seed market too.

And several countries have basically thrown their pirate asses out.

socalval

socalval

bouttique growers

Hey Bluenote " The Boutique growers" was nice one !

B

Bluenote

Loved reading youf post Bluenote. Big pharm is already trying to seclude and patent the molecules they see marketable to the general public. Give it 3 years...I agree. Boutique, high-quality growers will be all that is left. Every other commercial grower will quit since costs won't make up with profits against a perscription available for PCPs to give to the "normal" folks. It'll be big pharm MMJ or boutique MMJ.

Yeah but rereading it I came off like a cynical ,sardonic old curmudgeon. The upside is that as a " boutique" grower I'll still be able to walk to my cabinet and choose from a dozen different strains/flavors.

' cause after all , Sometimes you feel like a Kush , and sometimes you don't.

Have you noticed that nitrogen packing systems are becoming available at a decent price? This will affect preservation , we may even see " Vintages"............imagine if you will a future ad and review.........

" Yes a Fine example of a '91 Mango grown to perfect fruition , subtle Mango overtones with a citric touch upon the palate , yes indeed the PurpleRasta Collective Private Reserve 2012 release of the Classic '91 Mango is a must for any connoiseur...."

Now of course an old geezer like me , my ad would read something like " Skunks and Blues and Hazes done the old way , if you don't like 'em go somewhere else." but then I'm an anti-scial bastard sometimes.

It is interesting where it's all going , I mean who would have thought it? Or as the 'Dead said, " What a long strange trip it's been."........

singingcrow

singingcrow

And more than just your pick of the day, Kush, Haze... etc... I feel that naturally grown, organic product will still be healthier than any stripped down, purified, lab-created THC/CBD combination that Big Pharm will ever produce.

Oh, and I'm on the Monsanto, (etc..) soapbox too. Do you know that every single vegetable at the grocery store has been genetically modified by now? Even the freakin' persimmon. Who wants to modify a freakin' persimmon, except to make it not coat your mouth in sticky ooze.... :)

No really, we live in a GMO world and I'm actually scared of how my toddler will turn out one day, eating Orville Redenbacker popcorn at school snacks (GMO), Kraft cheese in his sandwiches at friend's houses and crappy pus-filled, high quantity milk from cows who have never seen fresh grass. *shudder*

So... I try to offset it at home with the best I can afford... hopefully a little better than what is out there.

fractal

fractal

WIILLLL.NOT. crawl Up on this Monsanto Soapbox.MUST resist.

I despise Monsanto , and dupont , and Smithfield Foods....

Yeah Monsanto , the wonderful folks who brought us DDT , 2-4-d , 2-4-5t , dioxin , PCBs , Agent Orange...................now rampaging within the genetic structure of our food supply. And not just the food supply , check Monsanto and cotton sometime , they want control of that seed market too.

And several countries have basically thrown their pirate asses out.

You read about monsanto hiring Blackwater / XE mercenary corp on retainer? Can you imagine what that could mean? Shudder to think.

B

Bluenote

You read about monsanto hiring Blackwater / XE mercenary corp on retainer? Can you imagine what that could mean? Shudder to think.

It would mean that one would have to watch for them coming , preferably through a 6.5 x 20 Leupold utilising a TRG42 as a platform on which to perch.

My gate is *exactly* 487 yards from the front porch , a bit more if I open the front door and sit at the kitchen table. Gotta be close to the coffeepot dontcha know.

B

Bluenote

ARe they paying anymore for 10wk or longer flowering times?

Not that I've seen. And it seems like due to market forces certain genetics are being gradually lost in the drive towards shortfinishing couchlock indicas.

S

Sasha

You can make more money if you sell them qps. For instance something they will buy for $3200 a pound they will buy a qp of it for $900.

Surfr

Surfr

Just cruisin....
Supporter
You can make more money if you sell them qps. For instance something they will buy for $3200 a pound they will buy a qp of it for $900.

It's hit or miss. A lot of clubs won't buy less than a LB at a time.

SAMCRO

SAMCRO

They are low balling the shit out of potent meds right now. They all have excuses now on low balling and slow paying. 10 days turns into 15 days reimbursement. Getting tired of the stories and scams they are running. They want it all for nothing and then act like you should be grateful they took it off your hands.

N

NorcalCapo

Fwc one of the best in sac IMO. Now I just recently came back to sac from socal 34 for all dark fully finished GDP n same for completely dank bubba. Had 5 of each n got those numbers n venice beach , sd and la. I can barely get 26 for GDP n 25 for bubba, n clubs or not here in sac. Maybe I'm going to wrong places

B

Bluenote

They are low balling the shit out of potent meds right now. They all have excuses now on low balling and slow paying. 10 days turns into 15 days reimbursement. Getting tired of the stories and scams they are running. They want it all for nothing and then act like you should be grateful they took it off your hands.

Yeah well they're cutting their own throats in the longterm for a bit of short-term profit. And they also seem to at times be rather fond of telling you that what isn't what it is even when it's completely verifiable , I've got a good example of that in my AK47 , which originally came *directly* Serious seeds and which I've kept selecting on the initial ones that finished black until I've reached the point where 65-70 percent of them finish black some runs.

But hey the pimply faced little snotnose at a certain Redding dispensary can imperiously proclaim " No Ak47 is EVER black" , same buncha clowns donated for some of my Blue Cheese , aweek later they had it topshelf as OG Blue Kush. Yeah they can do what they want with product once it's theirs but personally I consider it to be dishonest , to the point that when they called for some again I just told 'em " I'm no longer doing it.".

And then we have the " tumbling factor" addressed in the other thread along with a slew of other crap common to the dispensaries with little in the way of scruples.

Like I said , they're cutting their own throats , it'll shake out and hopefully only those with some ethics will be left.

Peacheater81

Peacheater81

Not that I've seen. And it seems like due to market forces certain genetics are being gradually lost in the drive towards shortfinishing couchlock indicas.

Well, thats a shame. I have seen lots of indoor haze varities for sale in my area. C.H.A.I. is one that always has indoor hazes, but its their Chemdog that is always super consitent, I would love a cut of it. Not sure which Chem it is though.

I know Harborside will give you a little more for sativas

Latest posts

Top Bottom