how much are dispensaries paying for a pound?

• Thread starter danko
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sanvanalona

sanvanalona

the people making money are the ones finding innovative new ways to package their product and more efficiency in the growing process. I'm doing a gorilla grow this summer outdoors solely for the purpose of making hash and edibles. There's also perpetual harvest techniques using autoflowers outdoors. You can easily harvest 3 times a season with auto's.. get a high thc strain use all those buds to make hash, concentrates, edibles... Even offering variety packs... We gotta see dispensaries offering "exclusive genetics" where us the growers can work very closely with the dispensary.. If we were to adopt the fairtrade mentality where the farmer is truly recognized for their efforts and work. We should be able to make a living growing and selling medicine. always be at the forefront of research sio you can keep up with what's going on in the cannabis community. this Rosin stuff is popular right now. I know the dispensaries are the one packaging and making the kits and whatnot at the store front. But maybe us growers can offer pre-assembled smoke kits. you know 3 different strains some hash, concentrates some candies and cookies all in a package. To get the tourists buying that stuff.

Are you in or near van?

CanadaSeeds

CanadaSeeds

Wow had no idea prices were that cheap over there, are you seeing any old school hashplant around? M39? I love Canadian strains, really need to make another trek up north soon!
Yea prices are pretty awesome, i used to see a lot of hashplant picked some about 3 years ago was really amazing stuff. The m39 is going around still, a few different cuts of it. there's the biker gang stuff "beasters" that is just terrible but there is very nice m39 around. Basically around here and Quebec too the top selling strains are: powerplant, purple kush, bubba kush, jean-guy, blue domino, freezland. Those are the ones that are always around with the good prices. Once you start getting into the hybrid crosses and the more popular stuff like cheese ogkush sour diesel it gets to be around $2200 a pound. I'm working on some old canadian genetics trying to make some nice seeds available. Already crossed my Friesland with Girl Guide Cookies. Got some NL#5 to work with as well.

CaliShark

CaliShark

When you have the right reputation in the right circles, people will have your next harvest marked on their calendar and they will get in contact with you.

So much truth to this statement...but it takes a while to establish a market like this. Been at least a year for me to find that "circle" and gain their trust with my product. But it's finally happened for me. I was having trouble moving my product for the price I thought it deserved. Finally said fuck it and sold them for 2500. Which now I'm actually happy I even got 2500. After unloading those P's I keep getting asked if I have more and when the next batch will be and their telling me "I'll take it all, what ever you have..."

Feels kinda nice to have my product be in demand like that, and have them searching me out wanting to buy all I have. Instead of what I had been doing this past year, struggling to even get rid of my product. So I'm looking forward to next harvest when I don't have to worry about moving weight. I can just make a call and it'll ALL be gone. Happy farming right there.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I`ve got about 6+ pounds of kief , mostly from orange cookies, thin mint, SFV, and GG4. still working on making kief. I`m unsure what to do with it, make pressed hash, oil, or sell as kief. What are the going rates for kief,pressed, or oil in the LA area these days?

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
@markscastle - theres a few techniques out there that people are doing to get kief 90% + pure heads - and with those strains there is high demand - i dont know what they (dispensaries) are paying for this but I see the guys making it on Instagram doing drops and stuff selling for $45-60 a gram sells out in matter of hours - something to look into

otherwise last I checked it was 7 bux a gram and that was a ways back

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
$45-60 a gram? I don`t think I`d charge half of that !!! Sounds like gouging to me! I`m looking to dump it all at once, not in grams anyway. Just a fast trip down and back. I have a buyer but was looking to find a fair price to offer it at. I don`t want shorted and don`t want to gouge ether, just a fair price.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Last time I bought by the gram I paid $15 for 5 gr. of Lebanon , but that was around 1970. I thought it was a little high at the time but got it anyway cause the guy was looking to come up with bail $ for his old lady. Funny thing is she almost dumped him when she saw the mess she came home to! LOL! Hog grease all over the carpet and beer cans and dirty dishes everywhere, (Biker heaven).

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
OK got some feedback from a local friend. Med grade pressed hash $125 per 4-10 oz. My kief is twice as strong as this hash and has better flavor so not a good comparison.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
$45-60 a gram? I don`t think I`d charge half of that !!! Sounds like gouging to me! I`m looking to dump it all at once, not in grams anyway. Just a fast trip down and back. I have a buyer but was looking to find a fair price to offer it at. I don`t want shorted and don`t want to gouge ether, just a fair price.

yes I realize you are looking to dump it all at once - was just saying that high grade fill melt kief is selling for big money and is a hot item atm - something to consider

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I like the stuff that fires up when you burn it and you have to put it out , rich hashy flavor and burns to a white ash so it`s easy to clean the pipe , same care should be used to cure before making hash out of it that it hits very smooth and of course it should hit you hard packed on the first draw. Once heated it almost vapes and you have to be careful not to tip the bowl as it will drip and could be a fire hazard. Extra full melt hash boogie. That`s what I like about old fashion pressed hash made like they been doing for thousands of years. It`s also rich when you use some of todays favorite strains but some of the old school strains also make some dank hash. I`d like to not only make crosses of some of it but I`ve also loved some of the blended hash flavors I`ve come up with. They blend different tobacco strains and even whiskeys and spirits. Sometimes the relief I`m looking for at the moment can`t be bred into a cross but blend up some hash and you can customize.

GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

Thinking like this is the reason for deflation in the market. Whoever you dump it to is just going to do what you should have done and turn it into FMDS and charge $50-60/g and earn the profits you should have. Your "compassion" is going to be somebody else's profit margin. Charging the current average market value is not price gauging.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
GreenThumbBill The thing is I`m not selling it by the gram. I`m selling it whole sale / by the pound. I understand that it will be resold with a mark up. What I`m wanting is a middle of the road price to charge. I deal with to much quantity to waste my time trying to make bunches of small sales and don`t have a store front like they do. I could do delivery but in a rural area like I`m in the travel expense and time would be consuming. I`m a farmer not a dispensary ! I am looking for a fair price to charge and a fast trip to the city and back home to work on my next crop. I don`t want to charge to much but I also want to have the cash flow to support my next crop , expenses and labor . I`d love to have more options but not that many places are willing to pay up front for larger loads. I get paid before I even head out. 1o lbs. minimum per load and as much as 30 per order so far. All in State and medical. I`m sure I could get better prices but I really can`t be walking between dispensaries with my disabilities. I`ve tried middle men and I don`t get better prices. I also find that most are not medical and are from out of state. I don`t want to get involved with these profiteers from out of state, If I wanted to make the utmost I`d drive it out of state myself. I`ve thought about it ,but again I don`t have time to waste trying to find buyers who want 1 or 2 at a time !

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
GreenThumbBill The thing is I`m not selling it by the gram. I`m selling it whole sale / by the pound. I understand that it will be resold with a mark up. What I`m wanting is a middle of the road price to charge. I deal with to much quantity to waste my time trying to make bunches of small sales and don`t have a store front like they do. I could do delivery but in a rural area like I`m in the travel expense and time would be consuming. I`m a farmer not a dispensary ! I am looking for a fair price to charge and a fast trip to the city and back home to work on my next crop. I don`t want to charge to much but I also want to have the cash flow to support my next crop , expenses and labor . I`d love to have more options but not that many places are willing to pay up front for larger loads. I get paid before I even head out. 1o lbs. minimum per load and as much as 30 per order so far. All in State and medical. I`m sure I could get better prices but I really can`t be walking between dispensaries with my disabilities. I`ve tried middle men and I don`t get better prices. I also find that most are not medical and are from out of state. I don`t want to get involved with these profiteers from out of state, If I wanted to make the utmost I`d drive it out of state myself. I`ve thought about it ,but again I don`t have time to waste trying to find buyers who want 1 or 2 at a time !
this is luxury right here man congrats! But if Cali follows co. Soon you won't be able to sell to dispensaries. So then your stuck with low balling profiteers or taking it out of state yourself. Get it while you can!

GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

Gotcha, I can totally relate to everything you just said. Thanks for the clarification. Sometimes I forget not everybody is harvesting just 4 lights at a time, especially at 1am when I'm DTFO. :cool:

Top Bottom