how much are dispensaries paying for a pound?

• Thread starter danko
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Don't know what you talking about. I had a guy I know drive up from Southern cali for two units and got 1800 per unit. They were outdoor. Said he'd be back for more. I've known him a long while and if he could get the same quality for less he wouldn't have come my way.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Does anyone have an idea of why prices are somewhat lower this year? I heard earlyer this Spring that someone was dumping units from Oregon for cheep. Also the new law allowing 6 plants and making small amouts legal,but that makes little sence. No one has had time to grow out plants this soon after the change in state law. Most people won't have a place to grow there 6 plants. Those that do will find they need attention through out the grow so no vacations or weekend trips. If anything the change in the law should increase demand and lower supply anyway. I just don't see why stuff is moving slow and prices are generaly down this late in Spring. I still beleave supplies will peter out as it always does and that will increase demand. May happen a month later or something though.

Blaze

Blaze

Production is way up, not just in California but nation wide. The market is the most flooded it has ever been, not just in California but everywhere. There are still a lot of people out there sitting on a huge amounts of product unable to move any of it. I am not sure if there will be much of a price increase over summer like usual, and I certainly wouldn't count on it. The biggest difference we have been seeing is that a lot of people cannot sell mediocre product, no matter how low they drop their prices because there is no demand for it at all. People simply don't want it, no matter how cheap it is. We've finally hit the tipping point where supply has greatly exceeded demand, so consumers and buyers can pick and choose what they like.

frebo

frebo

Production is way up, not just in California but nation wide. The market is the most flooded it has ever been, not just in California but everywhere. There are still a lot of people out there sitting on a huge amounts of product unable to move any of it. I am not sure if there will be much of a price increase over summer like usual, and I certainly wouldn't count on it. The biggest difference we have been seeing is that a lot of people cannot sell mediocre product, no matter how low they drop their prices because there is no demand for it at all. People simply don't want it, no matter how cheap it is. We've finally hit the tipping point where supply has greatly exceeded demand, so consumers and buyers can pick and choose what they like.

Southern Oregon commercial outdoor grows I have heard of are still sitting on their entire crop from last fall and yet there are more going in right now. A lot of greenhouses are appearing everywhere. Soon we will all be growing and there will be no one to sell to????
There will always be a market for "fine wine" type crops but the prices will never be where they were.

souf69

souf69

Southern Oregon commercial outdoor grows I have heard of are still sitting on their entire crop from last fall and yet there are more going in right now. A lot of greenhouses are appearing everywhere. Soon we will all be growing and there will be no one to sell to????
There will always be a market for "fine wine" type crops but the prices will never be where they were.
The feeding frenzy is now over. It seems Berners one call move it all days are out numbered, exception would be the super fine grade! But if you got super fine grade why sell it all at once, theres always a market for that.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I'm seeing much less production every year in my area. I've yet to see any amount of out of state grown here. I haven't even tried to get rid of any of mine yet. Regardless I've had 4 units sold by request an at a fare enough price. I know my outdoor is always in the ball park with indoor being grown in a closed loop greenhouse with the same set up as people use indoors. Well except less artificial lighting. I've never had a problem getting a good price. I'm starting to have out of state buyers getting intrested now. What I am seeing is inflation in the costs of growing!!!

souf69

souf69

What's the matter, are you one of those with mediocre product and no customers? Or just seeking full price for that 99th lb? I'm laughing about the poor schmucks Blaze pointed to.
Im dislexic, its 99 and keep the 100th.
You took offense to my lexia, damn. All those poor souls in the world could use some good good.

R

Rawrthis

I'm pretty sure that most growers doesn't really understand basic economics. You'll usually read that production is up and consumption is down so the price is down. And I'll call bullshit all day. Only time consumption is really down is when you start to see everything in price goes down (Deflation). So if you see gas prices hovering around 3 bucks a gallon, people will buy yours at market price or more (inflation)...unless your quality sucks.

My last round, I admit, wasn't as great as the one before but it still sold at 2.

R

Rawrthis

And yes, it was easier back then. I had many bad harvests when I first started in this industry and that still sold for 1 grand. Now, if it sucks....it sucks.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
You forgot about taxes going up so much. This also effects prices. More taxes = more costs = higher prices.

R

Rawrthis

You forgot about taxes going up so much. This also effects prices. More taxes = more costs = higher prices.

Yup. Or...instead of screwing the customers, screw the governments! Now, the cost is lower and prices stays the same.

But what about the police protection? Why not pay a private security guard company instead of paying force-ably to a public one who most likely will give you B class and below service

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
The costs are not lower, they are higher! For production the costs have nothing but gone up, up, up to produce crops. From fuel to electicity costs are going up and taxes as well!

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Police? They don't patrol where I'm at. If you were in need it would take them 2+ hours to arive and you'd have to meet them at the pavement and bring them through the web of dirt roads or they would never find your property , even with GPS ! They won't come out for anything less than a murder. So I am my own security.

Top Bottom