how much are dispensaries paying for a pound?

• Thread starter danko
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

Tommy Dragon

Anyone else on prices they have recently been gettin for lbs qps ozs in southern cal from dispensaries..? Just tryin to get an idea... not askin where, just personal experience... thanks in advance

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I can't see how anyone can grow large indoor grows and make a buck with the prices for equipment , rent or land, power and such. The larger the grow the harder it is to produce quality, indoor or outdoor. Small growers are the only ones who can produce quality. At least withiut paying an army of workers with skills! With a good greenhouse set up you can produce indoor quality. You need a tuned controler, lights co2 heat and air and a cover to use at night to cover the lights being on when vegging. Lots of fans , a pollen , mold proof intake and filtered exaust system, ect. Almost the same enviroment as indoor but you save some on the power using sunlight and yield is better, buds tighter. Still costs to produce and unless you have an army of cheep labour it can beat indoor all day long!

T

Tommy Dragon

I can't see how anyone can grow large indoor grows and make a buck with the prices for equipment , rent or land, power and such. The larger the grow the harder it is to produce quality, indoor or outdoor. Small growers are the only ones who can produce quality. At least withiut paying an army of workers with skills! With a good greenhouse set up you can produce indoor quality. You need a tuned controler, lights co2 heat and air and a cover to use at night to cover the lights being on when vegging. Lots of fans , a pollen , mold proof intake and filtered exaust system, ect. Almost the same enviroment as indoor but you save some on the power using sunlight and yield is better, buds tighter. Still costs to produce and unless you have an army of cheep labour it can beat indoor all day long!
I agree with ur points... my point was the only way to beat the big guys is offer a better product at a higher price... both can be achieved indoor n in greenhouses (legit greenhouse gonna cost $$$). Thats probably gonna b the only market left over once the big guys fully up n goin... that n states where its illegal... big risk with that tho... just how i c things possibly playin out...

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Yep a greenhouse set up well enough to compete with indoor costs money but not as much as a large building and conversion to grow in and it also saves money on energy. Make sure itS double pane glass or double plastic with fans blowing out in the inside plastic. And remember the sun is equal to 1700 watts of light minas the reduction of the greenhouse covering so it's going to use. less power.

T

Tommy Dragon

Yep a greenhouse set up well enough to compete with indoor costs money but not as much as a large building and conversion to grow in and it also saves money on energy. Make sure itS double pane glass or double plastic with fans blowing out in the inside plastic. And remember the sun is equal to 1700 watts of light minas the reduction of the greenhouse covering so it's going to use. less power.
I just think tryn to go big isnt goin to b an option anymore with these big enterprises comin in... they got big set ups like that... it would b real hard to offer a better product than them if u go big as well... might have to go small in order to offer a superior product... people will pay more for that if they c the value to it...

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Yep there is a limit to how much you can grow.per person involved and if you grow for quality the limit is much smaller. I agree.

S

Socalking

It all depends on time of the year and quality, I live In socal and the clinics around here are giving 500-2000 a lb for swagg all the way up to great fruity hybrids/sativa dom. Tthe OG stink still sells the best for MMj bcuz of its medicinal value and dank OG/Sour smell and light green bag appeal, will fetch 700-2000 depending on the year. 700-1400 during peak season(october-march) and 1400-2000+ during summer and early spring. During peak season competition from the north's outdoors is a imminent and they will undersell a small grower almost Everytime, 700-800 lb for fire outdoors from places like mendicino county for eg. that they pull off as indoor!! . California City is looking to be completely commercially legal to grow, 100 marijuana businesses are moving there in 2018. So competition is growing and there wont be much money in it for long. I dont even grow to sell, I grow soI dont have to buy, I used to sell, i have 10 clinics in 5 square miles and have spoken u many of them. Most big growers and big mmj business investors in the form other liscensed businesses are diving into it in California City, CA. Be prepared for the death of medicinal marijuana :( they are going to pump them so full of poisons that we all will get sick and our plants, seeded and sterile GMO crap!

T

Tommy Dragon

It all depends on time of the year and quality, I live In socal and the clinics around here are giving 500-2000 a lb for swagg all the way up to great fruity hybrids/sativa dom. Tthe OG stink still sells the best for MMj bcuz of its medicinal value and dank OG/Sour smell and light green bag appeal, will fetch 700-2000 depending on the year. 700-1400 during peak season(october-march) and 1400-2000+ during summer and early spring. During peak season competition from the north's outdoors is a imminent and they will undersell a small grower almost Everytime, 700-800 lb for fire outdoors from places like mendicino county for eg. that they pull off as indoor!! . California City is looking to be completely commercially legal to grow, 100 marijuana businesses are moving there in 2018. So competition is growing and there wont be much money in it for long. I dont even grow to sell, I grow soI dont have to buy, I used to sell, i have 10 clinics in 5 square miles and have spoken u many of them. Most big growers and big mmj business investors in the form other liscensed businesses are diving into it in California City, CA. Be prepared for the death of medicinal marijuana :( they are going to pump them so full of poisons that we all will get sick and our plants, seeded and sterile GMO crap!
Thanks for that info..! Man, not a lot of room to make money with low prices like that... Thanks for takin the time to share...

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I'm surprized any is selling to despenceries anymore. Seems most of them grow there own these days. There is also a glut in the market this year, but some movement is begaining. I lot is going out of state. The out of state prices are also down because of the Cali market beung flooded. I understand units in NYC are goung for 2200-2300 tops. Middle men are buying but seems they are only paying 1200- 1800 tops this year. 1200 being the low ball for upper mid and 1800 being top knotch award winning quallity. Strains most in demand this year contenue to be deseils and OG kushes. Purples always do good but a little less demand this year. Sweet flavor/smell is down a little in demand over last year. Road kill always has a nitch in the market.

T

Tommy Dragon

Im hoping with the full legalization they get the farmer's markets back up n runnin... that could be a good thing for the smaller growers......

Dan789

Dan789

Man, just went visual on a "farmers" market, that would be a different reality but hope to see that some day. Too many idiots though with refer madness mentalities, the US AG among them, that is if he's not fired by his puppeteer.

T

Tommy Dragon

Man, just went visual on a "farmers" market, that would be a different reality but hope to see that some day. Too many idiots though with refer madness mentalities, the US AG among them, that is if he's not fired by his puppeteer.
They had em for a short time in socal until they got shut down... Shit looked dope... The reason they got shut down possibly would no longer be an issue with the legalization... Or they would find a different reason to protect the big boys n not cut into their profile margins... We will see......

T

Tommy Dragon

Its gonna b all about private networks from here on out... havin the farmers markets would be a great networkin tool... they work great for fresh produce so i think it would survive even with big corporate opps in place... the big opps would be like the grocery stores... people still go to farmer's markets because they feel its better... i think the same dynamic would work quality product... jus my 2 cents......

Top Bottom