how much are dispensaries paying for a pound?

• Thread starter danko
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
fractal

fractal

nancy pelosi? that's freaking gross dude. Might as well throw in janet reno and make it a hot threesome yeah?

bigcheese510

bigcheese510

asking how much dispensaries are paying for a pound is like asking how long is a peice of rope. depending on season, strain, quality and your ability to deal. ive learned they will low ball you from the gate. if you do consignment they promise you more but lag on paying you and thats if they do. if you have a quality product and youre not a push over you should have no problem getting the price you want. now you have to think is the price you want a fair market value. you wont get top dollar if you have purple without purple in/on it. you can have top notch kush but if its small nugs you will get mid to outs pricing. here in the bay area all these spots want to do consignment and lowball you. be aware that if they get closed down they will not pay you. dont put anything out that you cant afford to lose. for some top shelf fire you can try for 35 and will probably get 32.. what ive done in the past was go to a club check out their selection. find their "staple strain" and grow the shit out of it. take it to them, blow their mind and get what i ask. that might not work for everybody especially if your running tightly held gear but that worked for me.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

Quantity over quality - Ive found you get no where these days nickle and diming. Sad to say but the Organized crime here in the bay lets top shelf go for 1900-2000, kind of screws the rest of us so I've learned to adapt and severaly increase production for the sake of selling that 10 pack for $22k.

If this is a main source of income for you the idea is to harvest regularly in small increments - I know im hitting on the underground side of things but unless you want to be put on another 'list' avoid selling to the clubs, they're all shady and out for numero uno.

bigcheese510

bigcheese510

Quantity over quality - Ive found you get no where these days nickle and diming. Sad to say but the Organized crime here in the bay lets top shelf go for 1900-2000, kind of screws the rest of us so I've learned to adapt and severaly increase production for the sake of selling that 10 pack for $22k.

If this is a main source of income for you the idea is to harvest regularly in small increments - I know im hitting on the underground side of things but unless you want to be put on another 'list' avoid selling to the clubs, they're all shady and out for numero uno.

22 is way to low. i got more then that for my outs last season. i sold all of it to the same club in 3 small spurts. they would sell a P of my meds alone in 1 day. i wouldnt flood them with a bunch at once cuz i wanted to get more. if you go in with 10packs they gonna low ball the shit out of you. ill take another 3k for stretching it 3 weeks instead of 1 lump sale

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

That's pretty legit, I had my fire indoor blackberry kush pushed aside for a Sour D outdoor - Seems to be all brand names around here.

bigcheese510

bigcheese510

That's pretty legit, I had my fire indoor blackberry kush pushed aside for a Sour D outdoor - Seems to be all brand names around here.

a lot of clubs will do that. a lot the time it doesnt even mater the name just the flavor and theyll change the name to make the sale. it sucks but its true. 1 of the strains i took to them was headband and they thought they couldnt sell it cuz they had bunk HB in there that didnt sell so they wanted to change the name. i told them the bud will sell its self. they left it as headband and it sold like hot cakes.

dankworth

dankworth

a lot of clubs will do that. a lot the time it doesnt even mater the name just the flavor and theyll change the name to make the sale. it sucks but its true. 1 of the strains i took to them was headband and they thought they couldnt sell it cuz they had bunk HB in there that didnt sell so they wanted to change the name. i told them the bud will sell its self. they left it as headband and it sold like hot cakes.
Be all "motherfucker, label that shit as REAL headband".

NorCalPiffery

NorCalPiffery

Dispensaries are a joke to me. There is nothing "compassionate" about the prices. I mean, I guess dispensaries are good for people that smoke an 8th a week or if you smoke concentrates, but somebody like me (& I'm sure many other people) that live in real pain refusing to take pills doctors try to push down my throat, an ounce lasts me a week and a half, maybe 2 weeks tops. It is not realistic to be paying 350 (LULZ!!!!!!) every 2 weeks. I meen, if a dispensary buys a P for 2 and sells O's for 350 that's 5600 a P. I feel like that is just a ridiculous amount of profit. I was just reading that El Camino Wellness is getting raided in Sac. The only other 2 brick & mortar dispensaries are CC101 & Doctors Orders Co-Op...they have ounces for 420. My FAVORITE was at Doctors Orders on the menu on Weedmaps "Top shelf ounce of shake for 170". Bahahahahahahaahahahahah! I feel like Doctors Orders has it in with the FEDs with those kind of prices. I know a lady & son that have a outdoor legal grow op in nor cal that let P's of amazing outdoor go for 1 g flat. It's not the best trim job, I grabbed 1.5 for 1500$ last season (head stash, no selling over here), but she sold the club some P's a G flat last season & the dispensary was charging 180 a zip the next day...I don't like medicating outdoors though. Too harsh on the lungs. I was also finally lucky enough to meet an AMAZING Caregiver for Indo. I'd rather spend a couple extra 100 & do business with a good hearted person, that's another problem with dispensaries. A lot of dispensaries tend to push good people away trying to sell there meds, but they take in sketchy people like the dude the page before talking about organized crime letting P's of top shelf indoor go for 1800 . At least I know that is what Medizen did, so I can not speak upon others.

fractal

fractal

Yeah it's been that way for years now. Clubs are making way more profit than growers. Seems like in any modern society farmers always end up getting shit in return for their hard work. When most retail industries thrive with 30% profit, clubs want more than 100% profit on each pound they buy. The only reason I agree with complaining about it is that the drop in wholesale prices has not affected retail prices more than 10%. With the prices they are paying for pounds, I would expect that patients could easily get a chronic eighth for 25 or 30 bucks. But it's still 45-60 for anything good by far. Problem is that growers are too widespread and elusive, they will never be able to cooperate statewide to support prices in this grey market.

fractal

fractal

You can get pounds of trim for 50 bucks last time I checked budtrader. 50 an oz are you serious or was that a typo?

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
You can get pounds of trim for 50 bucks last time I checked budtrader. 50 an oz are you serious or was that a typo?

A pound of trim for $50? Sugar trim? You could get a zip of oil out of that.

outwest

dirk d

dirk d

I can get at least 5-8 grams of hash out of a large handful of trim. and i do grams of hash for $20.

fractal

fractal

Yeah outwest you're right about that, which is why I can't wait to get back to cali. Pick up some cheap trims, oil it up, then profit and smoke for free.

bigcheese510

bigcheese510

the lowest ive heard for a P of trim is 200$. . i sell zips of sugar trim with flarf mixed in for 50.. im not good at making concentrates even tho i know the methods. plus i have no where to blast it so ....

Top Bottom