How much do I defoliate here

• Thread starter Shayne010944
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
lipifarmer

lipifarmer

my opinion on defoliation , hope you get something from that.. defoliation its only defoliaton of those leaves that are blocking braches or new flowers , and those are leaves , you KNOW youll have advantage later if you pick them off ! Doing extactly that you cant harm ladies , if u pick up few leaves .. more defoliation and better results ? ya show me prove .. photosynthesis is not something new . sorry folks but cant look ladies all pipped out like chickens , and telling me it will harvest more... bull****

RealizedReal000

RealizedReal000

I've said a thousand times, only overcrowded plants need defoliating. I tried to help, but if you think cutting all the leaves off will help then go for it. Until you've actually grown a few plants different ways, you don't know the best way.
I took this advice and didn’t defoliate any big fan leaves and it really did wonders. Just lollipopped before flower. :)

Progshim

Progshim

Touch your mylar'd walls. . ...are any spots warm?? If so, switch to white film and that should help regulate temps in the space. Might be a lil easier on your eyes too

I'm installing a fan (125 cfm) and carbon filter on 4" round ducting to exchange outside air. On a timer right now but eventually controlled by preset temp. I'm hoping that in addition to normal temp control, cold night air at the end of flowering will draw out the reds and purples this strain is supposed to be capable of. The mylar is brand new and yes, hard on the eyes. But when the room is closed it's completely light sealed. Thanks for the tip I'll keep it in mind for the future.
I took this advice and didn’t defoliate any big fan leaves and it really did wonders. Just lollipopped before flower. :)

How long before you changed the light schedule did you lollipop them? And how far up the branches did you trim? How did you decide which leaves to take and which to leave?

growsince79

growsince79

I'm installing a fan (125 cfm) and carbon filter on 4" round ducting to exchange outside air. On a timer right now but eventually controlled by preset temp. I'm hoping that in addition to normal temp control, cold night air at the end of flowering will draw out the reds and purples this strain is supposed to be capable of. The mylar is brand new and yes, hard on the eyes. But when the room is closed it's completely light sealed. Thanks for the tip I'll keep it in mind for the future.

How long before you changed the light schedule did you lollipop them? And how far up the branches did you trim? How did you decide which leaves to take and which to leave?
Where did you find a filter that works with 125cfm fan? I thought they needed 190.

RealizedReal000

RealizedReal000

How do you grow?
I grow using anything I can get my hands on. Lol
Except hydro. I’m dumb when it comes to all that but I read hydro threads and learn. :)
Coco and dry amendments.
coco and bottled nutes
I try both ways for two of the same strains. I got a little closet grow so I ain’t no big timer but I like to experiment. Got a grow right now. Just restarted in a different location.

A2D487D5 D084 4D4C 9DBD 41CB07F3F83C
RealizedReal000

RealizedReal000

I keep em small so I flip at 4 weeks from pop.
and I don’t really defoliate much actually. I only really lst and tuck now, on this run that’s what I’m gonna be more strict about. I lollipop the entire lower canopy while also taking clones. Lol

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

I grow using anything I can get my hands on. Lol
Except hydro. I’m dumb when it comes to all that but I read hydro threads and learn. :)
Coco and dry amendments.
coco and bottled nutes
I try both ways for two of the same strains. I got a little closet grow so I ain’t no big timer but I like to experiment. Got a grow right now. Just restarted in a different location.
Different style of growing than mine.
I like trees.

growsince79

growsince79

I bought a vivosun 4" inline 125 fan and a GHydro 4 x 14 filter, both on amazon. The filter has 210 cfm capacity but I assume that's its maximum airflow, not its minimum.
The guy at the hydro store said I need a 190 to pull through a filter. Idk if he's right....

Progshim

Progshim

The guy at the hydro store said I need a 190 to pull through a filter. Idk if he's right....

I don't know what he was recommending, maybe his suggestion for your grow room. A fan with a higher rating will filter all the air in a certain size room more often, if that's your goal. The little fan I bought works fine for me, and the filter easily accommodates it.

Plantdaddy

Plantdaddy

Yes I'm pretty sure my man @growsince79 is aware of what the ratings mean. I assume what he is saying by needing a minimum of a 190 is because the resistance and strain pushing air through all that carbon will burn up a smaller fan.

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
I bought a vivosun 4" inline 125 fan and a GHydro 4 x 14 filter, both on amazon. The filter has 210 cfm capacity but I assume that's its maximum airflow, not its minimum.
Won’t be the best, might be the worst. Will work till it doesn’t. Then buy canfan, ACinf, or equivalent.
Some growing styles call for more defoliation than others.

_VLAD_

_VLAD_

I just went through the filter search/bought my first one. CAN/Phresh seem like the "best" but most expensive. My advisor GGA told me not to buy the cheap chinese junk as he had and he had problems.

So reluctantly I bought the AC infinity 4 inch, as so far Ive kinda bought the little more expensive items hoping you get what ypu pay for. So far its been almost a month and im impressed. Only in veg with 3 plants, theyre getting funky. Every so often I think I catch a whiff but if I put my nose right on the exhaust of the tent I smelp just fresh clean air

Progshim

Progshim

Yes I'm pretty sure my man @growsince79 is aware of what the ratings mean. I assume what he is saying by needing a minimum of a 190 is because the resistance and strain pushing air through all that carbon will burn up a smaller fan.

Jesus.

Progshim

Progshim

I just went through the filter search/bought my first one. CAN/Phresh seem like the "best" but most expensive. My advisor GGA told me not to buy the cheap chinese junk as he had and he had problems.

So reluctantly I bought the AC infinity 4 inch, as so far Ive kinda bought the little more expensive items hoping you get what ypu pay for. So far its been almost a month and im impressed. Only in veg with 3 plants, theyre getting funky. Every so often I think I catch a whiff but if I put my nose right on the exhaust of the tent I smelp just fresh clean air
I got the cheapest one I found. The filter was only like $30 bucks but I was impressed when I received it. I've never bought one before, but it sure looks like the real deal. The fan was only $16 and looks like it, no switch, just a cord. We'll see how it goes.

Progshim

Progshim

Won’t be the best, might be the worst. Will work till it doesn’t. Then buy canfan, ACinf, or equivalent.
Some growing styles call for more defoliation than others.
That's pretty much what I was thinking. My first grow room, learning as I go.

SSgrower

SSgrower

I don't defoliate as much as my grow buddie where I reside. He really crops his plants, only grows one at a time, Metal Halide light. He does look at my 1st coco/perlite grow with envy, I use 3-4 plants in my 4x4. 1st. pic is his current grow in early flower seeing silver on the leaves shining he sent me today. This was an earlier pic. Trimming is speculative as to the results you want to achieve,right?

Image0000021
Top Bottom