How much do you pay your trimmers?

• Thread starter MTgrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
lazarus718

lazarus718

I don't know man, I don't think I would get all pissed if some newb trimmer was taking his sweet ass time while I was blowing out pounds and getting paid by the hour. If I agreed to the pay, then I would just take comfort in knowing that I kicked ass and probably would give the new guy some pointers. I'd be the one to be asked to come back next time. No reason to be an ass about it...

L

Luck Dragon

I don't know man, I don't think I would get all pissed if some newb trimmer was taking his sweet ass time while I was blowing out pounds and getting paid by the hour. If I agreed to the pay, then I would just take comfort in knowing that I kicked ass and probably would give the new guy some pointers. I'd be the one to be asked to come back next time. No reason to be an ass about it...

Yeah but dues paid are dues paid and thats why I pay by the lb so I dont ever even have to get close to going there with the bull shit. You earn what you put in and thats always on the trimmer so they can only blame themselves.

purpleberry

purpleberry

Id also have to factor in how easy it is trim. Ive grown some stuff that I could trim a pound in 3 hours easy. I take all the fan leaves, then trim them dry. If you trim all the lower crap off early in flower, have a nice grow, the buds get dense and chunky makes it easy. And some stuff is a pain in the ass and takes me 8 hours to get a pound done.

M

MTgrower

NO.It is 200 for dry worth amount.25% of what they trim is what they are paid.I do 4.25 lbs worth of wet trim every 4 hours by hand the dry percentage rate of all weed is about 22% of beginning weight.Each plant that you grow usually contains about a 1 lbs to 3 lbs of wet trim depending on how you grow.Most people around here get about 2-4 oz per plant with a 4-5 week veg. I would never in a million years pay someone 200 per lb of wet trim.On the low end,that $200.00 would be 50% of your profit per plant when dry and even if you went on the high side that would be 25% per plant trimmed and dried .Its always 25 % of what they trim or an average of / 50 an hr OR($200.00 for every 4 hrs)/ for what they are trimming if you stray away for that the grower loses big time!

I'm sorry, thanks for the clarification. I meant by the dry pound, but was wondering how you determine what the dry weight will be when you have wet buds on hand. Thank you and everyone else.

I am currently paying my friends $10/hour, but I trim with them, so there will be no slacking. I have a nice scale that we can use to see how much each trimmer is capable of per strain per unit time and then base pay on whatever they think is most fair for all involved.

When paying hourly, I usually allow for smoke breaks where I provide the smoke, and I often let them take home their trim pile to use for edibles.

There are quite a few variables to consider now that I think about it more. Still figuring it all out. Thanks for the input from all.

H

HighBreed

I agree with PurpleBerry.
I like to grow Bubba Kush strains and or similar.
Starting on fans then working the sugar leaves, two differant runs.
Takes me about 3 hours to trim a lb (lb dry).

What gets me is people think that since its herb
they can get paid more then a regular job, easier, and more comfertably smoking drinking tv etc?
To me its not worth paying anyone more then $50 a lb to trim.
I help enough in other areas that I feel paying more for trimming would be too good for people who 99% of the time dont deserve that kind of help.
If your paying for a service, the cost of that service depends on the whole current economy.
Just because the product your working (If in Cali or Colorodo or anywhere with legal dispensaries) (doesnt matter if its herb or mining gold or making cameras whatever) is worth a significant amount, doesnt mean the worker gets a percentage.
If someone is selling it on the streets and security is an issue I can understand.
Your paying for being able to trust their silence.
Im a medical grower who doesnt sell so forget paying for people silence.

$50 no more.

I

ibTheMan

well no matter what your trimmers gots to be someone u trust alot which means good friends, and it cant be ah good friend if your try'n to rip um off, i mean $50 ah pound, thats the dumbest thing i ever heard.
if they do ah good fast job $15-$20 an hour is fair.
pay cheap u get crap work, stoldn bud and talkers, so dont be ah cheap ass's.

H

HighBreed

15-20 an hour? How many jobs can you get out there in the real world that pay that much?
I know managers who get $10 an hour.
How much collage or training should someone go through to earn that kind of income in the real world?
3 hours of work that is hella easy to trim one pound.
By your math thats $45-60 so dont tell me $50 is the dumbest thing you ever heard.

L

Luck Dragon

Lets get real here people

We are getting real here! I know exactly what your saying and guess what your right it is hard to find a job at 10 bucks or better, hell I made 12 dollars an hour workin until my body broke.Guess what?Cheap people like you is why it is hard to find good workers, YOU SUCK AS A BOSS,you already make 150% profit off each oz produced after cost, it's called" putting it back to the community" Just because everyone else HAS to paid a shitty wage to work at a shitty job until they DIE doesn't give you the right to point and(say look he's doing it.)Its time to set the standard for change.The average cost of living where we live is about 18.75 per hour and the average job here pays 8.10 per hour. Just because the job is easier to do,doesn't mean you get paid less!! This is how you screw your friends and workers and community.This is the reason I got paid 12.00 per hr to do a job I should have been paid 25.00 per hr for,but,OH NO you lose a couple of extra bucks OF 150%PROFIT.I'd rather have friends and patients and workers that love their job and are calling me to go work thanks, not people that are nice because they have to be."The world is a hell of a lot better when you share a little bit.Don't let the almighty greed of the dollar bring ya down remember money really does grow on trees and you can always get more!"

H

HighBreed

Bet you didnt think that I have people offering to do it for free just because
they are friends and/or patients and because they enjoy the experiance.

Who said I had a problem finding people to help or that they leave feeling cheated?

How am I forcing them to be here?

Who is getting paid less for an easier job?
Im not giving 8.10 or 12 an hour. Wasnt the number I gave higher?

Where you getting your 150% number at???

Just because you think your worth $25 an hour doesnt mean you are.
Its obvious your upset at how things are in the country.
Yeah its really people like me that make this world sooo bad.

Keep insinuating, shows your rookie status.
These days them rookies everywhere.

L

Luck Dragon

Bet you didnt think that I have people offering to do it for free just because
they are friends and/or patients and because they enjoy the experiance.

Who said I had a problem finding people to help or that they leave feeling cheated?

How am I forcing them to be here?

Who is getting paid less for an easier job?
Im not giving 8.10 or 12 an hour. Wasnt the number I gave higher?

Where you getting your 150% number at???

Just because you think your worth $25 an hour doesnt mean you are.
Its obvious your upset at how things are in the country.
Yeah its really people like me that make this world sooo bad.

Keep insinuating, shows your rookie status.
These days them rookies everywhere.

Sticks and Stones my friend, stick and stones.Every one has "friends" that want that experience and I know you might have patients that do it for free because they like .SO DO I ,SO DOES EVERYONE!.But thats not what we were talking about.We were talking and how much was a decent price to PAY trimmers to work for you You said it takes you 3 hours to trim 1 lb and you pay no more than 50 per lb. I was just going from what YOU SAID.Take a look back there and read it again .I did. Do the math that is a whooping $16.667 per hour and no matter how you wan to put it your head to make it better the fact of the matter is , is that 70-80 precent of the patients who we are suppose to be helping are in the levels of poverty .These are the people that make it possible for you to do anything to nickle and dime them is like slapping them in the face.You are trying to tell me that if your friends or patients knew what you make in profit off them ,that help OR work, they wouldn't have bad feelings towards you,$16.667 per hr come on.And your 150% comes in when you factor all the expenses and time occurred and divide it by the amount of product being produced per plant. I don't know about you but I average 5-6 oz per plant My cost works out to about $38.00 per oz using the most expensive nutes on the market in the U.S. and runnin 8-1000's for light and air controlled not mention all the other shit pluged in. so when you turn around and sell that oz for 250.00-300.oo per oz and sometimes you can find it here as much as 450 per oz it might not be 150% but thats a huge gain.Lets also take a moment to also count the vote on the wonderful people that travel around and trim exclusively for a living and have been 30 years and SON, yes people like you are sooooo bad because you keep the poor poor and only really care about the buck in your pocket and weather you can scrap it from somewhere or should I say" someone else" because after all you are in the public business not the private,Spread the love.Most of all industries base their pay off the percentage rate of gains and losses and profitability they don't just pick a number out of a hat they give a reasonable over all percentage and base their salary off them and the owners/operators still get rich and make their money.By the way I own my own business thats thriving and my own home and I'm not having "Hard times".Everyone is worth 25.00 an hour at every job when the cost of living 18.75 its about morals and ethics.SO STICKS AND STONES STICKS AND STONES . I DONE TALKING TO AN IDIOT!

M

MTgrower

Wasn't looking to start a fight. All is good. Thanks for the input from everyone.

L

Luck Dragon

Wasn't looking to start a fight. All is good. Thanks for the input from everyone.

I ain't mad just disappointed really how people are in this industry,like there is not enough to go around.People just get heated when they believe what they believe.You just get to the point you gotta let it go.

A

AlienBoyD7

I have trimed for friends, usually go out to eat afterwords...lol you get taken care of pretty good in the end.

H

HighBreed

Dont feed the trolls.
You didnt start a fight. You asked for opinions
I gave my opinion and then got attacked by two trolls.
Its really quite simple.
These two people have NO CLUE about what they are talking about. PERIOD!

Luck Dragon, you didnt get heated, step back and look how much of a troll you are.
Everything you said is nonsense.
How is $16.667 not more then $8.10 an hour? How many people in this country get that much?
How is from $38 to $250-450 150%? Dont you mean 1000%?
Your a moron BUD!

So 70-80% of patients are in poverty but you think its ok to charge $250-450?

Yes my friends/patients know what I make, I even tell them how much I get per card and it aint no piddly 5-6oz plants, we talkin 20+ oz plants buddy.
They still offer to help for free, when i ask them what trim work is worth they say less then I do.
You talk about numbers being pulled out of the hat, where you get your
150% from, your 18.75 from (is this hourly? 24 a day or 40 a week? mes awful idiot) and your (snicker) $450 a oz from??

So you have your own business, your own home, car, dog, little garden (yeah 8kw aint sht today) and you think that you will better the world by charging $250 - 450(yeah right) an oz?
Tell me, is everyone in your home business getting paid $25 an hour?
You sure are helping soooo many people im sure.

Please forgive me that the national standard for income is sooo low.
I had no idea that it was because of little ol me!

You really think that employees get a PERCENTAGE from the sale of product???
You BUD are so NIEVE! Oh god did I say it?
Your going to have to choose a side on this own.
Either people get a percentage (sounds fair right? Sure, really) or they get shafted by bad employers like myself who pay as little as the next guy makes it possible.
Funny how people are getting a percentage and most peoples incomes are so similar to each other.

Cost of living is $18.75 yet so many FAMILIES survive on less?
Whats the national minumum wage?
Im sorry, I didnt realize I set it lower then you wanted it.
Here let me call the president right now and fix the country for you.

CHARGE THE PEOPLE AN ARM AND A LEG TO GIVE BACK FINGERS AND TOES!
LUCK DRAGON FOR PRES!!!!

Now leave me alone peasant, I have to go melt down the gold teeth i got from patients.

H

HighBreed

I ain't mad just disappointed really how people are in this industry

Yeah... me too.
So hey... hows the garden stores treating you?
Think those employees there selling thousands is equipment and nutes are getting a percentage?
Them stores sell an awful lot of nutrients yet there seems to be a lack of escalades in the employee parking area.

champion

champion

just for the thought

here in the uk ive know people to be paid 250 - 500 pound each in a gang of say 4 to belt down 80 plants probably taking 2-3 days depending on circumstances

all food drink and ganja accounted for:)

H

HighBreed

No time to waste anymore on this thread.
If someone wants to pay $200 a lb to trimmers thats their deal.
Simply for me it isnt worth paying more then $50 a lb.
I said my opinion and am done here.

E

EACH1TEACH1

they had a great article about this in a recent high times it was hilarious. it made sense. pay different people different wages ranging between 10 and 20. i pay ten and let trimmer keep trim. its good to keep everyone happy right. needless to say only use people you trust. if there's any doubt of trust do it yourself.

C

cheyenne

It was $200-250 for a long time but with the low market value here I get mine trimmed tight for $100lb. plus food, drinks, meds while you work and a bonus bag if you do a great job expediently. And for those of you that trim your meds wet....well thats why your meds suck.

Top Bottom