How much do you pay your trimmers?

• Thread starter MTgrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
E

EACH1TEACH1

well chyenne, i have not trimmed my meds dry before. but the meds far from suck. to each his own. my stardawg hands down is the patients favorite med in the northwest. i love my meds. i know what great meds look like and how great meds cure a patient. obviously calyxes must be present. i find that my calyxes are fully intact after drying process. if you could explain why you feel how you feel on subject i might see the light thank you.

C

cheyenne

Ok each1, What are you calling calyxes? Do you mean trichomes? Bracts perhaps? The calyxes on cannabis are microscopic and have no relation to the efficacy of the plant. I know people frequently call the bracts calyxes but theyre not. regardless, not only is your product going to be much easier to trim dry, if you vastly slow down youre process you are going to see a much much higher quality of product. Trimming wet and drying just ruins it. My product hangs for 14 days in a 50%rh environment, its then placed whole (several plants) into larger plastic containers for another 7-10 days, only then is it trimmed and manicured. Its then jarred for another month. Then its released to the patients. I know not everyone has this option and the law makes staying weight compliant difficult but if you can slowly work this method into your routine youre going to see a vast improvement. Are you in MT or another friendly state in the PNW? I know im going to have a few guys flipping me shit because theirs is "the best" or real damn good anyway and i can come into their store and see for myself.....which i have, and none of them produce a product that i would purchase even for the low prices they vend for. My few lucky patients know they can get cheaper meds all over town but they keep paying me 40/80/150/300 because they demand the best and part of making it the best is in the cure. sloooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwww it doooooooooooooooowwwwwwnnnnnnn........

E

EACH1TEACH1

yes sorry just took some meds, i meant trichomes sorry for my mistake. thank you for your response. my mind is always open for new ways to make meds the best. take care cheyenne

E

EACH1TEACH1

sorry cheyenne i didnt see you question. western washington.

C

cheyenne

No prob each1! Im all about helping. Slow everything down and reap the rewards!

E

EACH1TEACH1

sorry to bother. but when you say you put whole plant in plastic container. do you lay plant on top of each other, or do you stand them up straight? what kind of container do you use. must be a big one.

C

cheyenne

Yeah bro 4-6 plants laid down on top of each other in like 30g storage totes. Rotate daily and let breathe for a few hours every day ( just crack the lid and have a fan moving air in the room but not directly over the container). FWIW ive got an entire 600sq' room dedicated to just this....Its going to be tougher for you if youre around spocompton/moses lake etc cause your air is so much dryer. I had a heck of a time over there especially in the summer.

E

EACH1TEACH1

ive never heard anything like this. im inspired to try it. air is no prob 50-60 always.

cannabeans

cannabeans

i agree with cheyenne.....

slow cure is the best way!!!! and it does show in the end product.
my medicine sits in large contractor bags, that i have been using for a while now, with all the "sugar" leaves in tact to proctect trichs during storage and cure process. i always let sit for at least one month, then i carefully trim and deliver to patients as needed.....

M

MaG

to each their own... anyone who makes hash with their trim should be trimming wet or their hash sucks.

C

cheyenne

Anytime Ive put any kind of real bud with any wieght to it on a sceen, Its flatspotted within 30minutes. Im not using science here, Or taking a wild guess. This is from Hands on Experience. Thats real!

In fact, I just had to cut a nug off a plant I bumped and it was a OG Knot! A Golfball, I tossed it in my ballcap on my dresser and when I grabbed it later it was not only stuck to the cap but it was flat as a sheet of plywood on the side facing down.

you may be able to run screens at a certain point during the drying/curing process but not with freshly trimmed buds that are wet.

I trim the big fans and crap off and then hang individual stalks for 5-7 days, then its cut off the stems, final trimmed and tossed into turkey bags and burped until perfect then into jars. If I was dealing with some poundage I'd do everything the same but use lightproof black rubbermaid tubs instead of jars at the end.

But hey, Whatever's clever, theres many ways to get the job done.

peace...:harvest:

Maybe you missed me hanging my WHOLE (eg every single leaf and flower) plant for 14 days in a climate controlled room prior to tubbing them? Im telling you, i dont get flat spots. I understand that you probably never grew ganj before the last couple of years, however Ive been curing like this since 85. Im not saying my way is the only way or even the best way, i just know that i very very rarely smoke anything thats even close to "cured"....its dry sure, but it sure as hell aint cured....Like always YMMV.

C

cheyenne

Yeah I missed that part, but nevertheless dickhead I was having a discussion with you, Then you wanna act like a lill sissy bitch and throw some dumbass provoking comment out.
I dont remember seeing your dumbass on OG/CW 15yrs ago. My screename hasnt changed, go back in your cave. View attachment 136728

Youre trying to have a discussion without reading what ive said. Read everything i wrote not just what your misfiring ADD brain picked up before you call BS. and take your name calling elsewhere. And as far as posting on overgrow....wtf ever dude as if thats some baseline for experience. then like now ive got more important things to do then waste my time arguing with a bunch of fucking johnny come lately wannabes on the internet...You can try my method which ive used to cure thousands of pounds of primo meds or not, but read what ive said before you slander me asshole.

cannabeans

cannabeans

im still with cheyenne on this one!!!!!

but lets also keep in mind!
" there are many ways to skin a cat"

I

ibTheMan

i havent read this, but u guys r cranky as hell this morning, smoke time.
and for the trimming, dont b cheap fucks to your friends. some of u r just cheap, which makes u an ass holes.

M

MaG

"WGAF about the quality of hash, i want quality buds...anything else is just superflous."

like i said to each their own...to me smoking less potent medicine that has a bunch of unneeded carcinogens in it is superfluous.

420bliss

420bliss

Sticks and Stones my friend, stick and stones.Every one has "friends" that want that experience and I know you might have patients that do it for free because they like .SO DO I ,SO DOES EVERYONE!.But thats not what we were talking about.We were talking and how much was a decent price to PAY trimmers to work for you You said it takes you 3 hours to trim 1 lb and you pay no more than 50 per lb. I was just going from what YOU SAID.Take a look back there and read it again .I did. Do the math that is a whooping $16.667 per hour and no matter how you wan to put it your head to make it better the fact of the matter is , is that 70-80 precent of the patients who we are suppose to be helping are in the levels of poverty .These are the people that make it possible for you to do anything to nickle and dime them is like slapping them in the face.You are trying to tell me that if your friends or patients knew what you make in profit off them ,that help OR work, they wouldn't have bad feelings towards you,$16.667 per hr come on.And your 150% comes in when you factor all the expenses and time occurred and divide it by the amount of product being produced per plant. I don't know about you but I average 5-6 oz per plant My cost works out to about $38.00 per oz using the most expensive nutes on the market in the U.S. and runnin 8-1000's for light and air controlled not mention all the other shit pluged in. so when you turn around and sell that oz for 250.00-300.oo per oz and sometimes you can find it here as much as 450 per oz it might not be 150% but thats a huge gain.Lets also take a moment to also count the vote on the wonderful people that travel around and trim exclusively for a living and have been 30 years and SON, yes people like you are sooooo bad because you keep the poor poor and only really care about the buck in your pocket and weather you can scrap it from somewhere or should I say" someone else" because after all you are in the public business not the private,Spread the love.Most of all industries base their pay off the percentage rate of gains and losses and profitability they don't just pick a number out of a hat they give a reasonable over all percentage and base their salary off them and the owners/operators still get rich and make their money.By the way I own my own business thats thriving and my own home and I'm not having "Hard times".Everyone is worth 25.00 an hour at every job when the cost of living 18.75 its about morals and ethics.SO STICKS AND STONES STICKS AND STONES . I DONE TALKING TO AN IDIOT!

16 an hour sound fair to me, ive done way worse jobs for 9

420bliss

420bliss

lol didnt notice this was a lil old sorry ill go back to smokin

ttystikk

ttystikk

I like to be personally involved in the trimming process, as it's such a great opportunity to see the results of your choices when growing it. Surround yourself with friends and pass the bowl often, and let them take home scissor/finger hash, a lil head stash plus cash, and you've got a crew who will kill themselves for you come crunch time. And that's when it counts. Paying in meds is always cheaper than money...

Top Bottom