how much water!!??¡¡¿¿

• Thread starter north knect
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
north knect

north knect

so im startin out in 2L pop bottles with the tops cut off..promix soiless mix...once they hit veg how many ml of water approx and how often?? distilled water or just tap water fine? heard if u let tapwater sit for 24hr the chlorine n the harmful stuff will evaporate...this true??

thanks..kcco

Gamrstwin36

Gamrstwin36

Add a air stone and bubble that tap for 24 and you should be gravy!

symbiote420

symbiote420

I stopped filtering my tap water .....BIG mistake! Even though I let it sit 24 hrs or more before using there's still alot of nasty stuff like lead and different metals and debris that doesn't evaporate and can muck up your plants. Doesn't have to be an R/O unit either a simple carbon filter will do.

Tnelz

Tnelz

I only use tap water bro. However it depends on ur water source. My water comes out of the tap at 90ppms so it's pretty good. I would say try bubbling for 24 hours and u should be fine. And u should water till u get some runoff. Like 15% or so would be fine. Good luck.

indicabush

indicabush

Howdy.....

1- watering should be done by the weight of your planter....saturation in the beginning is very important
example.....2 gallon planter would need 2 qts of liquid to saturate the soil properly (planter is heavy)
this is your guideline for watering (planter feels lite, time for watering). Slowly water with 1 qt
and come back about 2 hrs later and water again with the 2nd quart. If using nutrients add
to 2nd qt..Please mind what I'm saying this is for 2 gallon planter not 2 liters. So divide 2 liters in to
4 and that is your watering schedule.

2- As a indoor grower I have always used tap water sitting for 24 hrs before using. I keep 5 gallons in reserve for
just that purpose. I do periodically check the PH in case the water dept does a cleaning. I know some may not
agree with this, but I have been growing many, many years using tap water.

You will learn from experience what works for you and your pocket! Just have fun with your plants quality is better
when your more involved.

Hope this helps:)

sun

sun

so im startin out in 2L pop bottles with the tops cut off..promix soiless mix...once they hit veg how many ml of water approx and how often?? distilled water or just tap water fine? heard if u let tapwater sit for 24hr the chlorine n the harmful stuff will evaporate...this true??

thanks..kcco
24 hours in a bucket with no lid and the watter becomes tepid.(chloreen free)

north knect

north knect

is there anyother chems that can b toxic at all? causing burn n such?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
If your water muni treats with chloramine instead of chlorine it will need to be treated, as chloramine will NOT offgas like chlorine does. You can use a variety of substances, including citric acid, to neutralize it.

Beyond that, you should expect the water to be of a high pH because many water municipalities treat in order to maintain supply lines.

sun

sun

If your water muni treats with chloramine instead of chlorine it will need to be treated, as chloramine will NOT offgas like chlorine does. You can use a variety of substances, including citric acid, to neutralize it.

Beyond that, you should expect the water to be of a high pH because many water municipalities treat in order to maintain supply lines.
i didnt know this is chloramine comonly used in callifornia?

north knect

north knect

well im in northern ontario canada..dont seem to b much growers on here to chat bout my climate n outddors n out terrain..i have no idea wat they use here was just assuming chlorine..i will def have to look into that..Thanks Seamaiden!! very well might have save all my babys :)..

justanotherbozo

justanotherbozo

24 hours in a bucket with no lid and the watter becomes tepid.(chloreen free)
...don't take this the wrong way bro as i mean no offense, in truth i thought you'd like to know when you were using a word incorrectly so i thought i'd share the correct definition of the word 'tepid'.

peace, bozo

tep·id

1.) moderately warm; lukewarm: tepid water.

2.) characterized by a lack of force or enthusiasm: tepid prose; the critics' tepid reception for the new play.

Origin:
1350–1400; Middle English < Latin tepidus lukewarm, equivalent to tep ( ēre ) to be lukewarm + -idus -id4

sun

sun

...don't take this the wrong way bro as i mean no offense, in truth i thought you'd like to know when you were using a word incorrectly so i thought i'd share the correct definition of the word 'tepid'.

peace, bozo

tep·id

1.) moderately warm; lukewarm: tepid water.

2.) characterized by a lack of force or enthusiasm: tepid prose; the critics' tepid reception for the new play.

Origin:
1350–1400; Middle English < Latin tepidus lukewarm, equivalent to tep ( ēre ) to be lukewarm + -idus -id4
thank you.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
well im in northern ontario canada..dont seem to b much growers on here to chat bout my climate n outddors n out terrain..i have no idea wat they use here was just assuming chlorine..i will def have to look into that..Thanks Seamaiden!! very well might have save all my babys :)..
Oh yeah, you're way north! I've never been able to smell chloramine, even before the snake bite, but I can usually smell chlorine. What does your sniffer tell ya?

Either way, both compounds react to organic molecules, so even if you have nothing more than some dirt to toss in the bucket, that would help 'neutralize', in a manner of speaking, whatever's being used. I would think that Canada's water munis offer reports to customers like in the U.S., too.

north knect

north knect

Oh yeah, you're way north! I've never been able to smell chloramine, even before the snake bite, but I can usually smell chlorine. What does your sniffer tell ya?

Either way, both compounds react to organic molecules, so even if you have nothing more than some dirt to toss in the bucket, that would help 'neutralize', in a manner of speaking, whatever's being used. I would think that Canada's water munis offer reports to customers like in the U.S., too.
ya im guna look into that for sure...if i was to buy water for the time being wats my best option? and yes im way north lol its a totally diff ballgame outdoors up here ...we just got 10cm of snow lastnight fml

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Well jeez, what if you just collected some of that snowfall and let it melt? No alkalinity (no resistance to pH shift), but that's stupid easy to correct, even simply by dumping some dolomitic lime in it.

Lots of folks do the supermarket water jug thing. It's not cheap, but it certainly gets it done. Consider mixing it with your tap water to allow some pH stability, maybe 1:1 ratio?

I've been watching a lot of Survivorman and some of my favorite episodes are when Les is way up north. My own fingers stop working below 40*F, so I get a kick out of watching others.

geologic

geologic

Old Pharmer
Supporter
(...) Either way, both compounds react to organic molecules, so even if you have nothing more than some dirt to toss in the bucket, that would help 'neutralize', in a manner of speaking, whatever's being used.(...)

I'm getting tired of carrying out gallons of RO water for my ACT,
was gonna just throw a few handfuls of compost in the 5 gal bucket of tapwater and let it bubble for 24 hours;
hoping that the chloramines 'work away' naturally. Does it happen that way???

Just got home from shopping--
with an aquarium product that removes chlorine and chloramines...

Natural

Natural

I'm getting tired of carrying out gallons of RO water for my ACT,
was gonna just throw a few handfuls of compost in the 5 gal bucket of tapwater and let it bubble for 24 hours;
hoping that the chloramines 'work away' naturally. Does it happen that way???

Just got home from shopping--
with an aquarium product that removes chlorine and chloramines...
Pond conditioners do not work very well. Are you sure you have chloramine in your water supply? Not every municipality uses chloramine...I would check first. You might be dealing with just chlorine. Keep in mind though, that tap water often comes with unwanted salinity, metals, and contaminants.
..just so ya know

geologic

geologic

Old Pharmer
Supporter
Pond conditioners do not work very well. Are you sure you have chloramine in your water supply? Not every municipality uses chloramine...I would check first. You might be dealing with just chlorine. Keep in mind though, that tap water often comes with unwanted salinity, metals, and contaminants.
..just so ya know
That's a drag about pond conditioners;
how 'bout the aquarium conditioners--
same thing???

Yep, we went to chloramines a decade ago.
My plants adapted (don't know how many micro organisms did tho...),
but, after 21 years of inbreeding I've got new genes in the pool--
don't wanna stress the newbies or nuthin'...

Latest posts

Top Bottom