• Tagged users None
gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
I just woke up:
#1: 64%
#2: 63%
The way I have the jars set up is the humidity gauge is on the bottom and the I just pilled weed on top and then the orange is at the top so if the gauges are showing above 62 then at the top I'd assume it's higher.
Should I burp now or wait for it to get higher?
Should I take out the orange?

grandorange

grandorange

I just woke up:
#1: 64%
#2: 63%
The way I have the jars set up is the humidity gauge is on the bottom and the I just pilled weed on top and then the orange is at the top so if the gauges are showing above 62 then at the top I'd assume it's higher.
Should I burp now or wait for it to get higher?
Should I take out the orange?
With similar humidity readings I burped once a day sometimes for an hour sometimes a little less roll them around a little bit recapped until the next day, it might be good to know what the humidity changes will be without an orange peel to get a solid indication of where the drying process is, I think the reading you have is what it is regardless of where your hygometer or orange slice is. Think of it as working within a parameter rather than a pinpoint number after all those hydrometers are only so accurate touch and feel the weed go with your gut.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
With similar humidity readings I burped once a day sometimes for an hour sometimes a little less roll them around a little bit recapped until the next day, it might be good to know what the humidity changes will be without an orange peel to get a solid indication of where the drying process is, I think the reading you have is what it is regardless of where your hygometer or orange slice is. Think of it as working within a parameter rather than a pinpoint number after all those hydrometers are only so accurate touch and feel the weed go with your gut.
If the goal is to keep it at around 62% rh then shouldn't I not burp it?
I can't feel the buds without opening the jars.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
I took the oranges out of the jar this morning, I forgot to post about it.
just now,
#1 was at 66%
#2 was at 64%
so I burped and closed each jar once it had reached 62%
It smells really strong when I open the jars.
I think the dry trims will be ready sooner than I thought, maybe 1-3 days.

grandorange

grandorange

If the goal is to keep it at around 62% rh then shouldn't I not burp it?
I can't feel the buds without opening the jars.
well popping the cap off taking a quick look and putting it right back on will probably make an insignificant impact. . When I started curing my buds I didn't use anything in the jar, to get a good idea where the buds were moisture wise, sometimes they were at 55% and I close them right back up sometimes they were 60 - 65% and I would air them out for an hour for the first week or two then the RH didn't change, stayed in the mid and high 50s this is where I put the packets in because I was not going to use or move it anytime soon. It's been a few weeks or more and all is well.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
Just cut down the dry trims at day 8 of drying.
In the end I only got just over 2.5oz but for some reason the dry trims were significantly frostier. I have no idea how that's possible but I could easily tell the difference between one of the dry trim buds and one of the wet trim buds.
I got over an oz of shake which I'm about to sift so I'll let you guys know how that goes.

growsince79

growsince79

Just cut down the dry trims at day 8 of drying.
In the end I only got just over 2.5oz but for some reason the dry trims were significantly frostier. I have no idea how that's possible but I could easily tell the difference between one of the dry trim buds and one of the wet trim buds.
I got over an oz of shake which I'm about to sift so I'll let you guys know how that goes.
Well done. 2.5oz is pretty damn good for 70w blurple.. You should upgrade

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
If you do that you need a bigger tent. 2 100w hlgs will rock a 2x3.
I'm going to raise and/or dim them. They're only 100w so with added CO2 it won't be too much more.
2 100w hlgs would cost $115 more than 2 sf1000s.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
I just finished sifting, I forgot to weigh the kief before I put it in their containers but I got around I'd say 0.5-0.75g of run #1 which was really good and then all my other runs looked pretty similar so I mixed them together and got I think around 2-3 grams which is also pretty good quality but nowhere near the first run.
There's still a lot of trichomes on the shake so I'll do something with that another day.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
whatever it cost is too much for the possible tiny increase. Good exhaust (bathroom fan) is all you need.
The fan on my tent is the weakest I could find and it's 100+ cfm, I don't remember the exact amount but I know it replaces the air in the tent in less than 10 seconds. But I'm sure the ppm of co2 in my house is not enough to raise ppfd above 1000.

Latest posts

Top Bottom