How my grow went if anyone cares.

• Thread starter gorillaglueaaron
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
grandorange

grandorange

Dry trim?
Yes I hung em whole then trimmed on the eighth day and right into the jars... It worked out for me just chopping them and hanging them using coat hangers over my lights that held a wooden dowel then tied em upsidedown same spot where they grew, shut down the lights checked daily.... I had a mini humidifier set to 45% and my inline would kick on if temp approached 65 degrees but neither worked to hard as my room conditions favored the New England cool dry Temps.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
I tried breaking off a couple of wet trim buds and they sort of snapped off so I decided to cut it down.
For just the dry trims, I got:
36g of buds
17g of trimmings and small airy buds
1/4g of surprisingly really good scissor hash
1/4g of good quality kief
After I count the dry trims it'll probably be around double that, maybe a bit less.
Definitely not what I was looking for but I'm still happy with it.

grandorange

grandorange

I tried breaking off a couple of wet trim buds and they sort of snapped off so I decided to cut it down.
For just the dry trims, I got:
36g of buds
17g of trimmings and small airy buds
1/4g of surprisingly really good scissor hash
1/4g of good quality kief
After I count the dry trims it'll probably be around double that, maybe a bit less.
Definitely not what I was looking for but I'm still happy with it.
good call I'd say!
Here are my plants hanging I yielded 246 grams total.. similar product break down as yours percentage wise, a good 1/2 pound that I was happy with and this second run I'll be making some adjustments so hopefully will improve overall!

Screenshot 20201206 155502
gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
good call I'd say!
Here are my plants hanging I yielded 246 grams total.. similar product break down as yours percentage wise, a good 1/2 pound that I was happy with and this second run I'll be making some adjustments so hopefully will improve overall!
Hopefully once I get my new light/s I'll get bigger yields

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
The rh in the jars is around 55. Does it get any higher over time or should add orange peel?

grandorange

grandorange

The rh in the jars is around 55. Does it get any higher over time or should add orange peel?
There are many views on this but if mine read 55 RH after 24Hours after being in the jar then I would seal it backup check them in 48 hours see if it changed? I'm sure someone else with more experience can weigh in. In the first week my jars RH would raise 3 maybe even Five Points in 24 hours now they are stable and I get the same readings after not opening for 3 days. So I placed moisture packets in 4 of 8 jars and I'll see where I go here.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
I missed a small branch that had 3 grams on it so it would actually by around 39g of buds from wet trim.

Whiskydrunk420

Whiskydrunk420

View attachment 1062512
Nothing new happened for the next few weeks so I'll skip them.
On November 19th, the leaves started changing colour:
View attachment 1062515View attachment 1062514
By the 27th, the full top layer was purple and yellow and the buds were really starting to frost up.
View attachment 1062516
I turned off the lights at 8:00pm on the 29th and then harvested 24 hours later.View attachment 1062518View attachment 1062517
I did half wet trim and now I'm waiting for them to be done drying and I'll dry trim the other half.
In the drying tent, it is 20.5c/69f and 45-50% rh.
Looks good to me dude .nice job .

grandorange

grandorange

There are many views on this but if mine read 55 RH after 24Hours after being in the jar then I would seal it backup check them in 48 hours see if it changed? I'm sure someone else with more experience can weigh in. In the first week my jars RH would raise 3 maybe even Five Points in 24 hours now they are stable and I get the same readings after not opening for 3 days. So I placed moisture packets in 4 of 8 jars and I'll see where I go here.
[/QUOTE

Screenshot 20201206 155502
gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
Jar #1 went from 56% rh to 58%
Jar #2 maintained 54% so I'm going to add an orange peel to both for an hour or two. I'd rather the rh be too high than too low because I can lower it easily by opening the jar but to raise it I'd have to add a peel which isn't very controlled.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
I just added orange peel so I had to open the jars.
#1: 50%
#2: 53%

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
An hour later:
#1: 56%
#2: 58%
I'm going to leave the orange in overnight and hope it doesn't go up too much.

Latest posts

Top Bottom