How to deal with really high electricity use.

• Thread starter bestgrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

fido

If I was a building inspector and I heard kiln I would think pot. Not that many potters out there. To go big you need a/c so get a permit for that and the future. Service panels jump from 200 to 400A so it is not that big of a deal. JK

thanks for the insight
fido

F

Frank_Castle

BTW, the big grows (like 200x1000w) always steal power.

I was under the impression they jump location often. That would be the smart thing to do. Set up a large grow, steal power, jump in 3-4 months. anyone with experience that can comment?

rural hick

rural hick

I have read that in some areas leo offers rewards to utility companies who inform them about abnormal usage. I would tend to think this is credible, but would be very location dependent. I seriously doubt there are formal programs for this. Utilities as companies are out to bust the people stealing power, and the odds of informing on someone who isn't breaking the law is to great for them to risk their customers trust. They for sure will cooperate with the police to the extent that most companies would.

the best idea I have heard is to call the power company, tell them you are starting an internet business and are having a number of servers installed, as well as a slew of workstations. That your consultant said it would need X amount of juice, and you wanted to see if there was anything they needed to do before you could power everything up. Most utilities will make a note of it so you might not throw up red flags as readily, and if there is something you need to do on their end (upgrade equip, etc), they can tell you what you need. They'd probably even do the electrical work you need for a fee.

good logical choice.

H

HannaMan

I dont know about in a legale grow but up hear in the midwest they will bust you. I have had a friend that paid on time and he was only running 3000 watts.
Power company stoped in and wanted to check things out. Said he was using way to much power. He said no and made up some excuse, they called the pigs and he got nailed. That night.
I have had problems with the power company calling me and asking what i have pluged in. In this case the truth is it was Diesel pick up trucks I had pluged in. So I wouldnt trust the power company.

??? 3000 watts? Give me a fucking break. My TV and my computer adds up to that??? And guess what, they're both on, WITH THE LIGHTS ABOVE MY HEAD ON, and the security camera behind my head, and probably some lights in the kitchen...Did you know a space heater runs like 1500w? Or a portable AC unit for that matter??

Sounds like your buddy burned himself out :(. "Some excuse" sounds like a "bad excuse", and I feel awful for your friend, honestly, thats awful...but that could've
easily been avoided.

although, 3000 watts and 30000 watts is a big difference.

Pay your bill on time everytime, and you have no problem. better yet, sign up for paperless billing so your bill is floating up in secured internet space...then, pay before its due, and you're nothing more then a check mark in a computer database full of millions of people.

:cool0019:

I

Inuit

^^Its all based on the size of the service panel...I have 200 amp service :)

I

stickyicky

stickyicky

[QUOTE=HannaMan;412547
Pay your bill on time everytime, and you have no problem. better yet, sign up for paperless billing so your bill is floating up in secured internet space...then, pay before its due, and you're nothing more then a check mark in a computer database full of millions of people.

Yep, Keep your bill out of human hands.

Latest posts

Top Bottom