How to get more consistent temp humidity VPD.

• Thread starter Willisbrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

Willisbrow

I just got the AC infinity in-line fan. And am really liking it so far. I have it going with a humidifier and a oil heater. When the lights are off I get pretty straight lines for all three. Meaning the temp humidity and VPD are all pretty stable. But when. The lights are in I get wave lengths lookokg
Things during that cycle. Any ideas on how to keep throngs more consistent during lights on. I’m at work right now so will post more later. First pic is lights off. Second is lights on.

Happy Christmas

How to get more consistent temp humidity vpd
How to get more consistent temp humidity vpd 2
W

Willisbrow

I have my fan set on low speed when lights are on to keep the heat in. And have the fam at a higher speed when lights are off to keep things cooler.
I don’t have the fan set with the high or low. Temp or humidity. I have it set on the same schedule as my lights.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

I have my fan set on low speed when lights are on to keep the heat in. And have the fam at a higher speed when lights are off to keep things cooler.
I don’t have the fan set with the high or low. Temp or humidity. I have it set on the same schedule as my lights.
Do you have it set on Auto or just On? No parameters set?

W

Willisbrow

I just have it set on On and off. On being when lights off set at 8 fan speed. Off being lights on fan speed at 2.

W

Willisbrow

4 min apart and my VPD changes .6. That’s every 4-5 mins I get that swing.
That can’t be optimal. I want straighter lines for longer periods.

W

Willisbrow

Here is a pic when it shows when lights go off at 8:30 am. And things even out

86063B5F 156B 4CBB B0DD A0579504F4CD
W

Willisbrow

Maybe I just gotta play around with it. Just pretty hard when I got plants in there. I can’t change humidifier or heater setting during lights offf.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
too much focus on variables, mellow out. let's see #s over one month. macro != micro. further, are the plants healthy, happy? i've not seen a single plant in this thread. plants don't give two shits about your data, just saying. cater to Her, not your need to make the data work for you.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I don't quite understand your setup, but this seems normal to me. I get similar sawtooth patterns as a result of multiple machines doing work.

Lights - add heat. Sawtooth starts to climb for heat, humidity, since relative to heat goes down at the same rate- just opposite direction.

Heat gets to a trigger point / set point. AC comes on and lowers temp. Sawtooth down.

Temp gets down to setpoint to shut off. Temp sawtooth stops decent and starts climbing again.

Rinse repeat.

Night comes. Heat is no longer being added by lights. Things chill out.

We also have dehumidifiers, humidifiers, fans, and sensor variation to deal with, making the curves imperfect.

the larger the growspace, the lesser the lows and highs on your sawtooth pattern.

There are ways to optimize all this and reduce the variability. If you could provide pics of the whole system with all sensing and control hardware, I'll help you out.

Moshmen

Moshmen

Try controlling the room temp and humidity outside the tent instead of inside and keep the exhaust fan at a consistent speed. The room temp won’t fluctuate as much as it does inside.
Depends on where your pulling fresh air from and where the exhaust if the tent is going

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Moral of the story is your swings are normal and chasing numbers should be secondary to what the girls are visually telling you.

As long as you're in range you should be fine.

W

Willisbrow

too much focus on variables, mellow out. let's see #s over one month. macro != micro. further, are the plants healthy, happy? i've not seen a single plant in this thread. plants don't give two shits about your data, just saying. cater to Her, not your need to make the data work for you.
Thank you. I was wondering if I was putting to much thought in this. This is my first indoor grow in about 10 years. So I’m trying to do everything right.
Have had some issues
Started with 3 plants. One got really bad PM so instead of trying to keep it under control I just threw it away. My best plant grew balls and I threw it out.
So I got one plant from the original 3.
It’s looking okay.
First pic is of my best looking that grew balls. And the next pics are of the 1 have left out of the original 3. I put 5 others in there a few weeks after

14D4F24D 8049 4885 AA8C 9FD5E887DEF8
72D1E36F 2203 4D80 B3CD 82549C2A5B9A
DDAF3337 E812 4E50 8821 126B5246E808
3EE9CD41 0E23 4EC9 8ADF 539EC091AB8F
W

Willisbrow

I don't quite understand your setup, but this seems normal to me. I get similar sawtooth patterns as a result of multiple machines doing work.

Lights - add heat. Sawtooth starts to climb for heat, humidity, since relative to heat goes down at the same rate- just opposite direction.

Heat gets to a trigger point / set point. AC comes on and lowers temp. Sawtooth down.

Temp gets down to setpoint to shut off. Temp sawtooth stops decent and starts climbing again.

Rinse repeat.

Night comes. Heat is no longer being added by lights. Things chill out.

We also have dehumidifiers, humidifiers, fans, and sensor variation to deal with, making the curves imperfect.

the larger the growspace, the lesser the lows and highs on your sawtooth pattern.

There are ways to optimize all this and reduce the variability. If you could provide pics of the whole system with all sensing and control hardware, I'll help you out.
Good to hear that having the saw tooth graph is not necessarily a bad thing.

My set up is a 5.5’x5.5’ made of 2x4s and plywood. And recently added foam insulation inbetween the 2x4s(not sure how much it helps but it only cost $100 or so)
I have a mars hydro fc8000 at about 60% about 20” from the top of the highest plant.
I have a AC infinity t6 exaust fan. I have a 4 in hole at the bottom corner of my room for my intake.
Have 3 oscillating fans at different levels.
Have a oil filled space heater
Have a ultrasonic humidifier
And a dehumidifier

Last night I turned off my dehumidifier and set my humidifier to %50.
With my heater on the humidity goes way down.

My last grow I was using a friends old 1000watt hps so heat was my concern.
Now with the LED I’ve had to try to heat up my room.

W

Willisbrow

Try controlling the room temp and humidity outside the tent instead of inside and keep the exhaust fan at a consistent speed. The room temp won’t fluctuate as much as it does inside.
That’s a hard task. The room is in my garage and it is pretty big and VERY DRAFTY It’s 25’x 35’. So trying to control the temps and humidity in the garage seems like a huge task.

Top Bottom