How To Get Super Bushy Ball Like Plants

• Thread starter Augestwest
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Augestwest

Augestwest

Hey I'm wondering some different techniques on how to make my plants super bushy ball like. My hoop house is only 10ft tall so I wanna get them super bushy and not to tall. Any help is much appritiated. I want them something like this picture here

How to get super bushy ball like plants
Augestwest

Augestwest

so what just cut all the tips off? How much do you cut off? Do you have any pics of some of your plants full size

Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh

so what just cut all the tips off? How much do you cut off? Do you have any pics of some of your plants full size
i do it to my indoor, to keep my mothers small, and then i do it to them once before i flower my mothers out...

this girl is in a 15 gal smart pot

dsc00032-jpg.496373

dsc00132-jpg.499029

as you can see, im constrained by indoor heights, but if i had of let her grow after the last chop instead of flower her, she would have gotten to be a much bigger bush...i mean you can see the flower sites, now imagine they all turned each into a 4 foot branch lol....woulda been a nice bush

there are other ways like lst, and super croping, but i prefer this way

Augestwest

Augestwest

So what is your technique? How do you go about doing this process? Thanks so much! Beautiful plant by the way

Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh

no thechnique really....just like a landscaper would do a hedge...well like i said, i was using it to trim her down to size, the wame way you would trim any normal bush....say she was a 3 foot bush when i started...so i took about a foot off the top....then lollipopped the bottom to promote more growth up top...

then when the top would grow another 2 feet, i would chop about a foot off....and i would keep doing this to keep her height down, and eventually when she was too big, i chopped about 1.5 feet off the top and flowered her the next day....if i had of let her grow she would have been more bushy and produced more

Augestwest

Augestwest

no thechnique really....just like a landscaper would do a hedge...well like i said, i was using it to trim her down to size, the wame way you would trim any normal bush....say she was a 3 foot bush when i started...so i took about a foot off the top....then lollipopped the bottom to promote more growth up top...

then when the top would grow another 2 feet, i would chop about a foot off....and i would keep doing this to keep her height down, and eventually when she was too big, i chopped about 1.5 feet off the top and flowered her the next day....if i had of let her grow she would have been more bushy and produced more
Perfect thanks so much joe fresh this helps a lot.

ncga

ncga

A few problems with your plan not knowing where you are. Topping outdoor plants tend to delay flowering and delay harvest time relative to un topped plants. The second problem is you need to have good air circulation on BIG outdoor plants or Powdery Mildew and Boytritus will start to show up. If you want shorter plants tie them over or plant them later. The weather is so good right now in NorCal but I'm holding off putting the clones in because I want to be able to reach the tops come October

Augestwest

Augestwest

Iv been thinking about waiting until June to put out some 1ft clones vs using the bigger girls but then again I don't want to waste all my other girls. My hoop house is 10ft tall snd obviously don't wanna get them 10ft I'm goin for 2.5lbs a plant this season so I'm saying screw it and running my bigger girls

Augestwest

Augestwest

Iv been thinking about waiting until June to put out some 1ft clones vs using the bigger girls but then again I don't want to waste all my other girls. My hoop house is 10ft tall snd obviously don't wanna get them 10ft I'm goin for 2.5lbs a plant this season so I'm saying screw it and running my bigger girls
also forgot to add that I'm gonna run my 8in inline fan and a few oscillating fans in the hoophouse when the time comes. I live in the country on the outskirts of the portland area. That's wierd that you say the topping delays the flower time because last year the plants that I didn't top started flowering about 2 weeks earlier but it could also have been strain dependent. Here's a picture of what iv got laid out right now. 4x4x1 raised beds spaced 3ft side to side and 5 1/2ft long ways

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

West or east of portland?

You have to watch the pm on the PNW.
I really would think of a light Depp so you can get 2 harvests in time.
At least your will get one harvest in if your stuff gets PM bad.

Augestwest

Augestwest

Never heard of anyone getting pm in the Portland area that's more southern oregon. Northern Oregon is Bud rot. I'm in the sandy Damascus area

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

Lots of people get PM in Portland. Indoor and outdoor.
We got PM really bad in our spot in Hillsboro 2 years ago and the year before.
Never grown where you are.
Hopefully you get neither.

Augestwest

Augestwest

For sure I guess I have had a buddy that got it indoor that lived by the airport. Yea lets hope and pray for an awesome season

Augestwest

Augestwest

Lots of people get PM in Portland. Indoor and outdoor.
We got PM really bad in our spot in Hillsboro 2 years ago and the year before.
Never grown where you are.
Hopefully you get neither.
You running a outdoor this season? If so what strains

straincreation

straincreation

Fresh has pretty much got u covered.

Theres also this but takes a bit more doin.
but works like a charm if you got genetics that will put out forearm buds. Even iF not i do this with my ogees and just double, even triple the tops to around 25-35. This is indoors and a much shorter time to do so. So i can can imagine making hundreds of tops in one season outsidE. Which when i was outdoors

https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/main-line-topping-best-method.60224/

Anyway BOL and happy farmin;)

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

You running a outdoor this season? If so what strains

I wish! My buddy is having a new addition built in his property so no outdoor this year for me unless I can somehow magically find a spot.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter

Damn @Joe Fresh going at his gurlz like Edward Scissor Hands on steroids. :eek:

rubthe nub

rubthe nub

Hedge trimmer? :rolleyes:

I'd just top 'em early and often.
Get ya a fence/trellis around the outside of you raised beds and start training the branches out in to the trellising ASAP
Pinch the tips as you near the trellis again. I'm not sure of your strain or Latitudes but I'd probably stop pinching/topping
by about end of July

Top Bottom