how to keep it cool on low budget?

• Thread starter wl300
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
wl300

wl300

so i have one structure thats 8ft x 32ft x8ft and i have a 10ft x20ft x7ft pvc pipe structure connected to it. im growing cannabis in northern cali about 10 mins from the ocean normal days are usaully high 60s low 70s humid with 50 degree humid nights . i do the structures because of the misty nights and the rainy days in September and October..... the plants will be mostly 60% indica 40%sativa20 gallon pots starting june 1st or so even without the plastic sheathing it hits close to 95 degrees with plastic 105..i also have silver tarps lining back side due to the alley way on the other side of the fence should i switch it over to the brown side or take it down and put up white plastic..? ... my question is on a low budget real low how would i go about keeping it cool
here are some pics of the structure.......

How to keep it cool on low budget
How to keep it cool on low budget 2
How to keep it cool on low budget 3
How to keep it cool on low budget 4
Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
Try looking around in fakebook groups or craigslist or even penny saver type publications- you can almost always find used equipment for growing, etc... I would look around for a decent swamp cooler. I prefer swamp coolers personally because I live in a very dry climate and any moisture added to the air is a good thing, here. Plus they cool almost as good as A/C with about 1/4 of the cost in electricity.

This may not be a good option being so close to the ocean with high humidity on the regular, but if properly exhausted, should work just fine.

Ponky

Ponky

i havnt done to bad so far but the heat some days be worrisome. lol i saw that fan exhaust and i would need a few of them
Go to the greenhouse supply store and look for a decent 24" one. And hook up your own innkbird controller. It's going to be cheaper there. Farm supply place like Buckerfields might also have one. Those along with misters can cope with severe heat. https://www.globalindustrial.ca/p/t...Hkw3YCIMRq6VxgK1HtoTCLDQjwukOXBRoCbLwQAvD_BwE this type uses about 2.2 amps continously. Not sure about start up. Should be big enough. Sure isn't cheap.

GreenMtnGuru

GreenMtnGuru

If you are planning on leaving the sides of the greenhouse open most of the time, I would use commercial wall mount oscillating fans.

wl300

wl300

Go to the greenhouse supply store and look for a decent 24" one. And hook up your own innkbird controller. It's going to be cheaper there. Farm supply place like Buckerfields might also have one. Those along with misters can cope with severe heat. https://www.globalindustrial.ca/p/t...Hkw3YCIMRq6VxgK1HtoTCLDQjwukOXBRoCbLwQAvD_BwE this type uses about 2.2 amps continously. Not sure about start up. Should be big enough. Sure isn't cheap.
lol yea i have looked at them on different places i only need it from like 11 to 3 give or take i have my old indoor equipment but i know its not enough im thinking 2 box fans 20 inch on one side then 2 8 inch exhuast fans on the other

Ponky

Ponky

lol yea i have looked at them on different places i only need it from like 11 to 3 give or take i have my old indoor equipment but i know its not enough im thinking 2 box fans 20 inch on one side then 2 8 inch exhuast fans on the other
The 12" will move more air than 2 box fans. 24" is pretty pricey. Cooling misters could help.

wl300

wl300

yea i broke down yesterday and ordered a 20 inch greenhouse exhuast for 200 on sale 3300cfm yesterday it hit 100 under there even with it open i just dont know exactly where to place it im thinking the sidewall then the box fans i have on the other side wall and then a few small fans in the middle of the front structure pointing to the back side

Ponky

Ponky

They go near the top. Drawing across I think. With misters you can get through a heatwave no sweat.

wl300

wl300

yea i might do misters idk yet ima see what the exhuast fan will do
and yea ima do the top middle sidewall then 2 box fans on the other side wall pushing air in its 60 outside and under the plastic with the back and side wall closed its 90 but do to privacy concerns the back and 2 side walls have to stay closed

Ponky

Ponky

A 20" fan should be a lot of air flow. And for 200 bucks I think it's the optimum purchase. As long as it works right. Homerun.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Swamp cooler may help but works best in a low humidity area

Anthem

Anthem

yea i might do misters idk yet ima see what the exhuast fan will do
and yea ima do the top middle sidewall then 2 box fans on the other side wall pushing air in its 60 outside and under the plastic with the back and side wall closed its 90 but do to privacy concerns the back and 2 side walls have to stay closed
You have to have at least 1 full air exchange every minute. I ran a light dep green house for a year in socal near the beach and it still gets hot. one air exchange every minute at a minimum. Once the plants get above about 85 degrees you really start to lose the terpenes. IMO I would plant on 2 air exchanges every minute for best results and try to pull in air from the coolest area you can find.

wl300

wl300

You have to have at least 1 full air exchange every minute. I ran a light dep green house for a year in socal near the beach and it still gets hot. one air exchange every minute at a minimum. Once the plants get above about 85 degrees you really start to lose the terpenes. IMO I would plant on 2 air exchanges every minute for best results and try to pull in air from the coolest area you can find.
yea im in norcal and i just bought a 20 inch greenhouse fan that pushes 3320 cfm and its funy because the top of the roof area is cooler then the middle and bottom ima make a sketch of the whole structure and add another pic so everyone can see how it is and help me with fan placement and what not. after i get the control and some knowledge of venting this thing on a budget i wont lose much to environment i have conquered the bugs and pest the rain and dew and im not worried about the cold heat is the last thing

Latest posts

Top Bottom