How to know you are being cased by a burglar...

• Thread starter RMCG
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

RMCG

After getting hit by a ripper the other week, I've been on a security rampage.

A few things that I have since noticed ~after~ the fact.

1. Motion sensing lights were 'slightly' unscrewed, enough to not light up, but still 'look' normal.
  2. A bit of scotch tape on the key holes of some of my locks. (Assuming this was to check how often I visited). I rarely used those doors, so I have no idea how long it was there.

Any others been hit? What other things did you notice? I would like a checklist of things to be on guard for. Might save someone else the headaches associated with these bastards.

hiboy

hiboy

Scoth tape, what sneaky little bastards. Motion lights are more efficient when installed out of reach. Thats what i tell most clients. Any loss at your house?
hiboy

R

RMCG

Scoth tape, what sneaky little bastards. Motion lights are more efficient when installed out of reach. Thats what i tell most clients. Any loss at your house?
hiboy

Freshly trimmed drying crop from under a 4k and he chopped a 4k crop ~4 weeks out.

Security cameras are already in place (and I have video/pix of him).

hiboy

hiboy

Thats right i read that a week or so ago. Sucks to think that trash knows about your place. Definitely makes the future there uncertain.
hiboy

S

SSHZ

80% of the time it's someone who knows someone that knows you and knows the crop is basically finished and drying. Keep your eyes open for strange parked vehicles in your neighborhood, hangups on the phone checking if you are home, strangers walking up and down by the house and be especially careful at night- leave lights and the tv on when you go out, take the phone off the hook so callers get a busy signal and buy reinforcement locks on your doors and windows........

R

RMCG

This was definitely not a situation where someone knew. It is not an inside job.

It was not my primary residence, so no phone, tv, etc. I had lights on random timers, my schedule was not 'set', nothing that screamed 'grow house' in or out of the house. All equipment came in via unmarked boxes, no 4x8 trays, etc. I believe it was a random residential burglary that turned out bad for me and good for him.

I would get the mail, flyers, etc. from the house as necessary. While it didn't look 'lived in', there was enough activity where it was cased and hit when I wasn't going to be there (left 3 hours before).

I have steel double doors, bars on my most windows, etc.

I am working up countermeasures and may post some things that could prove interesting to folks that are in the same situation.

I had noticed some of my motion lights unscrewed a few weeks before. Had I noticed the tape and the other lights unscrewed, I would have known it was 'imminent' and planned accordingly.

R

RMCG

Definitely makes the future there uncertain.
hiboy

Yes and No.

People thought I was nuts with security cameras and an alarm system.

Now I KNOW that it is compromised and I will take appropriate countermeasures to thwart attempts in the future. Not to say I won't bounce in a crop or two, but that is not in the cards at the moment.

S

SSHZ

Personally, I think your crazy if you continue to grow in a house that's been compromised......... they'll be back for sure (in 3 months or so). He probably saw your electrical meter spinning like crazy and knew what was going on.

hiboy

hiboy

Ya
IF he knew or not before the crime is one thing... but now that he does know and others who he would trust or brag/talk to know, I would def. shut down and legal anything up, and keep low. Put a camera facing the front walkway,door to see if anyone comes a knocking.
safety and freedom first
hiboy

M

MIway

80% of the time it's someone who knows someone that knows you and knows the crop is basically finished and drying

This was definitely not a situation where someone knew. It is not an inside job.

The alternative to the inside connect... maybe just one person mentioning to another ? ... is that someone noticed you/your activities like SSHZ pointed out... you were cased for a few weeks even... scary shit bro... sounds like some forethought went into it on their part, so almost pro-like... a dude/crew that targets grows... scary...

Personally, I think your crazy if you continue to grow in a house that's been compromised......... they'll be back for sure (in 3 months or so). He probably saw your electrical meter spinning like crazy and knew what was going on.

B

blazeit02

yeah dude GTFO!! this guys a scumbag will probably get chapped for shady c4riminal shit then tell cops, ''hey i know about a grow house.." legal or not fuckkk thatt

Dirty White Boy

Dirty White Boy

Why leave. No im sorry. I personally wouldnt have posted about this. I would have kept going staked my own house out. Let by gones be by gones.....But never forget. Keep a more keen eye. Being a professional ripper isnt a hard job. Motherfucking MIT or shit even community college grads arnt trying to rip grows to make cash. Lets all take a step into reality. This is some little piss ant ged or shit homeboy thug wanna be prolly someone who started by car hopping, real cool guy as a teen. That lucked upon a house, maybe he knew about reading meters, or using tape to cover locks, whatever. It happened. That little nut tickler of a beard he has and his loose inner city "homeboy" attire kinda narrows down where hes from, he has to live close to where the house was ripped lets be honest. Set up shop act like it was no big deal. Catch him in the act castrate him, sodomize him with something then cut his throat, simple juarez death burn the body with diesel bury the ashes and go about your day.

Mr Rogers

X

xeet

Do some looking into if its happened to other houses in your neighborhood. The fliod light screws and tape on lock. If no other house in the neighborhood has any signs of being scoped or anyone seen or heard something, then they probably knew what was in it. The timing (drying bud) is another factor. If theyve been scoping the house for a long time then why wasnt it until u cut down your plants that they hit?
If your gonna keep it as a spot theyll probably be back. Im guessing around next harvest. Thats just me tho.

Real sorry for ur loss bro. Has happened to me once when i was away (you hate that u couldnt stop it) and once when i was home. The second time i think they thought that i was away and the dogs were put up. Instead when they kicked the door down they had 3 am staff's tearin them up. They dashed off into their car but i got a glimpse. Oh and behold it was someone we had considered a part of our family.
Trust no one

X

R

RMCG

I don't want this thread to turn into a Q&A about my situation.

This has happened to others, most just don't share info and 'signs' that may help someone else before it happens.

There have been several other residential breakins in the area in the past two months.

He did not know it was a grow op.

He was a 22-24yo kid.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I'm always looking in my rearview mirror. But then, I see unmarked black helicopters. I'm fortunate in that it's very difficult to follow us onto the main road that leads to our neighborhood without being noticed, let alone getting onto our road without being noticed. Pretty much impossible unless you're on foot and cutting through the forest, through other people's properties.

S

stifler

damn thats bad luck... did u get some prints? you can do them yourself or find a sympathetic cop and pay him to look up the prints then go knee cap him and tell him why ur cappin him

Top Bottom