How to make good quality bubble hash quickly and easily - a step by step guide

• Thread starter Blaze
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
OGONLY

OGONLY

Blaze I just read the whole thread after having read the first part already on other occasions. Great job, thanks for taking the time.

I'm going to buy a set of bags in the next couple days. Think I'm going to go with the 5 gallon bags. What brand do you recommend?

Would you recommend that I install a valve at the bottom of a 5 gallon bucket or would that not be necessary for the smaller buckets? Also, would you recommend insulating 5 gallon buckets like you do the trash cans?

I'm kind of stumped on how it would go. One bucket (mixing bucket) I have 3/4 full with very cold water, then add ice and material. Stir 5 or so minutes then pour over straining bucket with bags in place. Should there be any water in the straining bucket at this time? I remember you said never pour over dry screens.

After pouring mixed material and water over bags, allow water to remain in bucket for several minutes, is that right? Then pull bags?

When washing bags do you just use water from a hose or do you use ice cold water pumped from a trash can? And doesn't all that extra water cause your bucket or trash can to overflow? Guessing that's where the valve comes in.

Thanks again for your time Blaze. Rep to you my friend.

Blaze

Blaze

Hey OG thanks for stopping by! I like the Bubbleman brand bags myself. They are a bit more pricey than some of the other brands, but worth every penny in my opinion. Many of the imitation brands that have come out over the last few years are very poorly made, fall apart easily, and in some cases don't even have the right micron screens. The BM bags will last a LONG time if you take good care of them. In nearly a decade of doing this I've only gone thru two sets, and if I knew what I did now when I started, and took better care of my first set of bags, I'd still probably be on set #1.

A valve on the 5 gal probably is not needed. It's a heck of a lot easier to lift 5 gallons of water than it is 20 or 30. However it will make it go faster. Do a goggle search for "Matt Rize" and look for his bubble instructions - he uses a 5 gallon with a drain if I remember right. Insulation wouldn't hurt IMO on the 5 gals, and is very quick and inexpensive to put on esp for something that small. At the very least it will make your ice last longer.

I always put a little water and an ice block in the bottom of my straining bucket (ice block goes under the bags). This helps keep everything cold, and also having a little water in the bottom makes sure you do not pour onto dry screens. However with a 5 gallon this may not be as important since it will be much less volume. The main reason I recommended people don't pour directly onto dry screens is because if you dump 20-30 gallons of water in all at once, that is going to be several hundred pounds hitting the bags in one big impact. This can cause damage to the bags and even tear your screens. With 5 gallons tho the force will be far less so you might not have to worry about that step.

You have the steps right as well. Mix -> Pour into bags -> Allow to settle for a few minutes -> Pull and harvest.

I use hose water for my bubble, BUT my water come straight out of my spring. Hence it is very cold and very clean right out of the 'tap'. Water quality is important - if you have really nasty water, use bottled water or find a friend with a good well or spring (not common outside of rural areas I realize). Never use pond water or anything like that.

And yes, the valve helps regulate the extra water so you never have to worry about using too much and over flowing your set up.

OGONLY

OGONLY

Hey OG thanks for stopping by! I like the Bubbleman brand bags myself. They are a bit more pricey than some of the other brands, but worth every penny in my opinion. Many of the imitation brands that have come out over the last few years are very poorly made, fall apart easily, and in some cases don't even have the right micron screens. The BM bags will last a LONG time if you take good care of them. In nearly a decade of doing this I've only gone thru two sets, and if I knew what I did now when I started, and took better care of my first set of bags, I'd still probably be on set #1.

A valve on the 5 gal probably is not needed. It's a heck of a lot easier to lift 5 gallons of water than it is 20 or 30. However it will make it go faster. Do a goggle search for "Matt Rize" and look for his bubble instructions - he uses a 5 gallon with a drain if I remember right. Insulation wouldn't hurt IMO on the 5 gals, and is very quick and inexpensive to put on esp for something that small. At the very least it will make your ice last longer.

I always put a little water and an ice block in the bottom of my straining bucket (ice block goes under the bags). This helps keep everything cold, and also having a little water in the bottom makes sure you do not pour onto dry screens. However with a 5 gallon this may not be as important since it will be much less volume. The main reason I recommended people don't pour directly onto dry screens is because if you dump 20-30 gallons of water in all at once, that is going to be several hundred pounds hitting the bags in one big impact. This can cause damage to the bags and even tear your screens. With 5 gallons tho the force will be far less so you might not have to worry about that step.

You have the steps right as well. Mix -> Pour into bags -> Allow to settle for a few minutes -> Pull and harvest.

I use hose water for my bubble, BUT my water come straight out of my spring. Hence it is very cold and very clean right out of the 'tap'. Water quality is important - if you have really nasty water, use bottled water or find a friend with a good well or spring (not common outside of rural areas I realize). Never use pond water or anything like that.

And yes, the valve helps regulate the extra water so you never have to worry about using too much and over flowing your set up.

Very thorough andswer to my questions Blaze! Thank you very much! Going to order these bags later and start working on my set up. Going to post some pics of my results here after my first run.

Last questions. What material did you use for insulation and where did you get it? Any idea where I can get a valve for the bottom of the bucket and what is the best method for installation? Thanks again Blaze!

Blaze

Blaze

The valve is just a standard 3/4" ball valve. Any plumbing or hardware store should have it. I can't remember the name or brand of the insulation I used off the top of my head, I'll have to go look at a roll later. I got it at a Friedmans. Usually it is used for insulating coolers and stuff like that, it is not that nasty fiberglass insulation. If you ask someone at your local hardware store they will probably know what you are talking about, it is a common product.

J

jonnyshope

gotta love that bubble.

heres a few pics of my second attempt making bubble.
came out very nice and the 73u is full melt unlike my 1st attempt..lol
got some great info and tips from here so cheers for that.
:cool0019:

IMGP0406 Large Medium
IMGP0407 Large Medium
IMGP0408 Large Medium
IMGP0410 Large Medium
J

jonnyshope

thanks alot blaze.
must say m8 this is the best bubble thread ive read on the net.
i was researching for weeks before i made that batch above and credit has to go to you my friend for such a great thread.
cheers bro

2tall

2tall

Very informative bubble making guide.
I did a little paddling up bubble hash creek myself.
Got your p.m. but can not reply until I got 25 posts.
Been hangin' in there trying to stay positive.

Blaze

Blaze

Good to hear! Glad to see ya out and about buddy. Send me a PM when you get 10 more posts. I'd like to pick your brain sometime, I know you know a few bubble tricks I don't :)

J

jonnyshope

will do bro, post number 9 this 1 so we shall speak soon..
cheers man.

Graywolf

Graywolf

Congratulations brother Blaze for an excellent, well put together thread!

SoCal 420

SoCal 420

Thank you so much for taking the time to post the detailed step by step... I was doing something vaguely similar but your method is by far, More efficient!
Now I'm looking foward to my next chop and trim session...

GanjaGardener

GanjaGardener

WOW! What a great tut. Have a friend who's going to loan me 3 bags to start out with so I can get the feel. Still unsure about what process I'm going to use. Bubble bags are all new 2 me. Big THX. Just what I needed.

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Hello fellow farmers! I though I'd share a little bit of what I know about the bubble hash process as there seems to be some good discussions going on here about this process as of late. Enjoy!

Thanks a ton for the tutorial! I miniaturized this and made some very dank bubble hash. I found the 25 micron the be the most productive and highest quality.

outwest

Blaze

Blaze

Glad you guys have been enjoying it. That must be a unique strain you are growing outwest, in my experience it is very rare to find the highest yield and quality in the 25 micron bag. Those must be some very small trichome heads.

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Thanks a ton for the tutorial! I miniaturized this and made some very dank bubble hash. I found the 25 micron the be the most productive and highest quality.

outwest
How many bags did you use? I find the 25 micron can b incredible or not so incredible, seems strain dependent...
Did you harvest out of higher micron bags or just use the 25micron as your $bag?

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
How many bags did you use? I find the 25 micron can b incredible or not so incredible, seems strain dependent...
Did you harvest out of higher micron bags or just use the 25micron as your $bag?

I used 4 bags, it's kind of a ghetto set I bought online. I think it's a 220, 160, 7?, 25. The 2 smallest microns were the only producers. I was using a mix of strains.

outwest

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Yeah, that's a fine set, 3-4 bags is all you need, to me its a pain in the ass to use all 8 bags as you end up with different colored grades that can't be mixed together...and small amounts of so many microns...lol
I just go 220, 160, 45, 25. Sounds like you got what you need, the 220 will produce nothing, 160 will put out some sandy maybe slightly green tinted powdery kief/bubble after drying, your $bag should be that 73 and you should have a couple grams or so in the 25micron. Of course each Kind puts out diff amounts into the 25micron, I've seen GDP put out tons of 25micron but never was super melty was more hashy...It's fun to make bubble though! A nice lil project, it is:D

Top Bottom