How to make good quality bubble hash quickly and easily - a step by step guide

• Thread starter Blaze
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Blaze

Blaze

I usually process it twice. Generally I do two runs at a lower mixing time (like 5-7 min), then mix the two together and re-process them for 10 min or so.

S

sfzoo

what?! i've been tossin mine.

you notice a loss in yield to be sure, right?

Blaze

Blaze

Yeah the second run usually yields less and is sometimes lower quality but not always. Once in a while I am pleasantly surprised. I can usually still get at least one grade of full melt of the 2nd run though so it is well worth it.

konakings

konakings

Thanks Blaze! Using a bubblenow xl machine with the bubblebag 8 bag kit with r/o water, and frozen trim. Ive got my 32 gallon setup with an auto drain so I can do multiple runs. I dump the water in from a run, let it drain through, dump another, then let it drain, then maybe one more. The 45 and 25 are still heavy but it saves me the hassle of having to reset the bags each time.

Question though is. Do you think Im losing much if any trichomes by doing it this way? Any suggestions for mass production? Thanks again for your time, it is sincerely appreciated.

This post is what made me sign up for this blog.

Having great success so far, I just cant find a big enough pyrex plate to dry on!

Blaze

Blaze

Glad to hear you've been having success with the bubble hash. I don't think you would be losing many trichomes by doing it that way. Only thing I would be worried about is that the hash could heat up as it sits in the bags for an extended period of time. You need to make really sure that water stays ice cold. However, I think that the terpenes stay more in tact when the hash doesn't sit in the water for very long, which results in better flavor and aroma. I try not to let mine sit in the water for more than 20-30 minutes (5-10 minute mix, 5-10 minute strain, then the time to pull the harvest in). Any suggestions for mass production would be in the tutorial - this was a production style method. With one person helping me we can usually make about a quarter pound plus in about 3 hours.

Blaze

Blaze

Also I need to re-do this thread this winter. I've made a few changes/improvements since I first posted it.

M

mn_northernherb

Also I need to re-do this thread this winter. I've made a few changes/improvements since I first posted it.

i'd love it if you would. I'm about to pull my second outdoor run in the beginning of october and i'm planning to give these bubble bags a shot this year.

Really glad i came across this thread. i had alot of confusion with the process before i read this.

Thanks!

G

garybusey

use a paint mixer on an electric corded drill instead if a paddle you fkn hippy, jeeze.

Blaze

Blaze

That shreds the plant material resulting in contaminants in the hash. It also ruptures a ton of the trich heads. In other words, it makes for shitty hash. I don't like smoking shit. Apparently you do though.

P

pandor

thanks so much for the write up. I did my first batch today and this was extremely helpful

Green81

Green81

Premium Member
Supporter
Real nice thread Blaze, I'm sure an admin will be around to get rid of the prick!

G81

R

Richard1Neko

I just started my 1st grow about 2 months ago. How do I save my "trash" so I can later use it to make hash? Can I just throw it in a box and let it dry out?

Blaze

Blaze

Don't let it get over-dried, that is where a lot of people mess up! Store it like you would your bud - in an air-tight container in a cool dark spot. A proper dry and cure on the shake will help retain the flavor and aroma of the strain it came from. I like to use turkey bags inside a contractor bag for the more long term storage. Definitely do not let it sit out for weeks on end, the results will not be as good.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Thanks Blaze...

I gave it go...gonna try again in just a min,,,lol

180991d1321821267t-bored-cold-rainey-sunday-bubblebag2.jpg.att

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Bubble Yum, mmm

Hey Care:

Def keep doing runs in a row; I find that after a couple runs I'll pull more from the proceeding runs since the system is seriously cold and all frozen up practicaly.

Are you doing a hand spin cycle with an oar? Or a machine?
Making bubble is fun as there is as much or more waiting as work...lol
I get in a groove and pump thru 7-9 runs in a row, being that I have multiple varieties it's fun to see the results from new ones. Some varieties will surprise you and you'll notice some make much better bubble than others or much more...have fun!

Here is a pic of some Banana Split OG 25micron
IMG_08641.JPG
IMG_08701.JPG

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Thanks for the Tips Baba!

Im mixing and spinning it with a metal pole I had laying around the garage...lol

I used fresh frozen popcorn (and some bigger)buds...Whole leaves and all
I probably should have cut the buds up..but how do do cut up fresh buds?
But yeah It is fun though

Blaze

Blaze

Try your local head shop. I believe that that the Aqua Lab Technologies website sells them as well.

N

Noworries

can i save up my trim for a long period of time until i have a lot to make hash?

i saved my trim from my last grow but i only had like 3 oz of close trim- just bagged it

Blaze

Blaze

Yeah just be sure it is well sealed in an air-tight container and stays in a dark, cool place. You should be able to store it for many months this way so long as it was not over dried or under dried in the first lace.

Top Bottom