How To Make The Best Bho Without Any Lab ?

• Thread starter leMarcel
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
leMarcel

leMarcel

Hello everybody ! :)

I just start to make some BHO, so I would like to talk with you about the best way to clean it, without any expensive lab equipment.

For this batch I used about 100 gr (4 oz) of trim and small buds (mainly from TGA Subcool), with 2 extractor tubes (stainless steel) and 4 cans of Colibri Butane (4 x 300 ml) :

Bho 2e session

First I use a hot-water bath (bain-marie) to start purging the butane, but I try to not excess 50/60ºC (120/140 ºF)

Then I put the BHO on a hot plate during 3 or 4 days, at a temperature between 30 and 40ºC (85/105 ºF)

After 24h :

How to make the best bho without any lab 3

After 48h :

How to make the best bho without any lab 2

(there is about 8g here, and about 6g for the other pad)

After 72 to 96h of this technique, when all the bubbles are gone, I think to use a vacuum pump to complete the purge ? Do you think it is necessary ?

Of course I will post more photos very soon :)

If you have any advice or comment, do not hesitate.

I wish you all the best !! :)

Marcel

MrBanjo

MrBanjo

I run one can to two+ oz. I take a tube of 50mm, stuff it and run one can through.

530 euro for that vacuum set-up seems like a rip off.

leMarcel

leMarcel

That is the normal price for this type of pump, that is not an aquarium pump.... ;)

And I can use it for free, so that price is not a problem.....

germinator

germinator

That is the normal price for this type of pump, that is not an aquarium pump.... ;)

And I can use it for free, so that price is not a problem.....

Excuse me but Mr. Bango has vac purged enough bho to build a condo, and knows the pump is not for aquariums. He's giving you input.
You asked so I suggest you listen and absorb.....peace and Welcome to the farm.

leMarcel

leMarcel

Excuse me but I asked nothing about the price of the pump, so I do not understand this discussion... please can we stay focused on the subject :)

Last edited:
germinator

germinator

Turn it into an absolute.....I suggest you browse the concentrates forum for your specific needs, I'm sure what you seek is there. If not you may find interest in the skunk farm research site it's very informative reading.

leMarcel

leMarcel

Thank you very much, I will follow your advice, I will check both this forum and Skunk farm research site :)

leMarcel

leMarcel

You're right I missed this point, thank you for this advice and for your feedback :)

Do you think I should use less butane ? I will look on the forum.

zeke

zeke

I think that the use of a vacuum chamber would be a useful addition to your process. Absolutely necessary? No, not really. I could paint my house with my toothbrush too. It would work. I could cover the house with paint. It would look bad and take forever but technically I could do it.
The beauty of a vacuum is that you lower the boiling points of various solvents. This allows you to cold boil them off without damaging your terpenes or cannabinoids. Greatly increasing the efficiency of your process. Add a vacuum oven and you can relax and do your work in style. Of course you can get out the same amount of butane with just heat. It just takes longer and the room for error is greater and therefore the consistency of your product will suffer. You don't need to get all labbed up leMarcel, but you will want to if the size and frequency of your workload increases.

zeke

zeke

Arabians, Indians, Saboeans
Sing not, in hymns to paeans
Your incense, myrrh or ebony
Come here, a nobler plant to see
And carry home at any rate
Some seed that you may propagate
And if in your soil it takes, to Heaven
A thousand thanks be given;
And say with France it goodly goes
Where the Pantagruelion grows

Do they still revere Rebalais in France leMarcel? I would be shocked to learn otherwise.

Top Bottom