How To Properly Root And Veg In The Uc

• Thread starter desertsquirrel
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
johnnyrex

johnnyrex

Wow really at what rate iba and ionic also I've notice that when my RH is below 60% for cutting they wither does that happen to your?

johnnyrex

johnnyrex

Does anybody know which ionic he uses for the soaking of the rockwool cubes thanks

johnnyrex

johnnyrex

What rate do you apply to the rockwool when plugging in your clones after being dip into the iba powder?
Also do you squeeze any excess. Also I read you add grow solution only when clones start to wilt. What RH do you recommend me keep on the room or tent for the clones thanks

HashZeppelin

HashZeppelin

What rate do you apply to the rockwool when plugging in your clones after being dip into the iba powder?
Also do you squeeze any excess. Also I read you add grow solution only when clones start to wilt. What RH do you recommend me keep on the room or tent for the clones thanks

I start with a 1 inch rooting cube then i put that in a 4x4 inch cube when it roots through, then i stack that on a 6x6in cube when it roots through the 4x4. then when it roots through the 6x6 i put in on a 12 in wide by 6 in tall block that i make by cutting in half a 12 in x 12 in. I do this to prevent water logging in the bigger block. I flood for 15 minutes and give them a good soak then i drain the table.

Addressing the access water, I buy blocks of rockwool that are quick drain, and drain pretty well, but I sill give them a light squeeze to prevent water logging which can cause root lock. Then I dont water them until they are about 75-85 percent dry. I dont like letting them get bone dry.

RH in clone dome should be about 90 percent, but make sure you take off the lid for a few minutes a day and let them get fresh air and a light spray of water. Also I have 100 percent success rate with my clones most of the time. what I do is make a light solution of clonex liquid, GH rapid start, and root accelerator plus at 5.7 ph and soak my cubes in them.then squeeze out some of the excess water so they are not over soaked. then cut my clones at a 45 degree angle and scrape the bottoms, and dip them in my water solution. then I dip then in rooting powder that I get from walmart or home depot or lowes. Then I stick them in the cubes.

When they are well rooted through I switch them to a table and 4x4 blocks and make the humidity 50 to 7o percent in that room, and mist them with a water a few times a day.

johnnyrex

johnnyrex

Thanks for the reply hashzeppelin ok got I am not going to put them into bigger rockwool cubes instead there going into a DIY dwc 3"net pot cause o dont have an aeroflo them into my UC

HashZeppelin

HashZeppelin

Are you using hydroton or rockwool in your net pots? if you are using rockwool I would recommend doing flood and drain or drain to waste. DWC can keep the rockwool to wet if used in large amounts. if you over soak the rockwool for too long you can rot your roots. If you are using hydroton then keep the water level right at the bottom of the net pot. you can add a dripper for added root mass. also remember the more air bubbles in your water the better. just keep the water temps below 70 degrees. you can easily just do dwc in any size bucket you want. When I do dwc I run individual double bucket systems, so I can lift the whole plant out of the bucket every day ph and ppm it and adjust according.

johnnyrex

johnnyrex

DS I know I have been asking many questions I think of I can cut my rooting time in half I can put out faster product. That being said at what rate do you soak the rockwool with ionic and IBA. Also the iba at what rate do you dilute it with water than apply it to to the rockwool?

Also once you transition the rooted cube into the aeroflo do you use straight dyna grow and IbA thanks just made my cuts and need this info quickly thanks once again for the speedy response DS

HashZeppelin

HashZeppelin

House-_-Garden-Roots-Excelurator.jpg

Want faster rooting, get this.

johnnyrex

johnnyrex

I had the root excelurator but done with it I have on hand ionic grow and IBA powder what I want to use to get my cloning on that's why I'm on DS thread asking him what rate does he use to put in the rockwool and before powdering the clone with IBA thanks

johnnyrex

johnnyrex

Ds question I was at the hydro store picking up the ionic grow and the IBA rooting powder and I thought for a sec that you mention that the bloom part of dyna which is excellent for roots. I would like to know so why do you like ionic grow instead of ionic bloom to soak your rockwool. Also I saw ionic clone solution in liquid form what do you think of that?
And do you add IBA powder to the ionic to apply to the rockwool if so at what rate?

johnnyrex

johnnyrex

DS in phase 1 pre veg I have them in aeroflo day 1 this morning I notice that they have wilted alittle at lights on are you also keeping your RH at 60% cause mine is 55-65 My exhaust when it kicks on brings it to 55 and my humidifer brings up to about 65 before my exhaust turns on again. Should I be putting it higher than that? Or I'm fine thanks

johnnyrex

johnnyrex

Got it must of been the first 2 days of shock cause they are fucken awesome 10 days and roots are very long and white and sturdy going in UC now having problem there lol agin droopy in the beginning hope they bounce bounce back hope it's just like the aeroflo shock cause don't want to wait thanks DS for all the help which to me has proven priceless

Latest posts

Top Bottom