How To Properly Root And Veg In The Uc

• Thread starter desertsquirrel
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

i dont normally bump threads, but i don't like this one being moved....

so *bump*

PrefersHam

PrefersHam

This is how i veg for the UC. I dont think its the proper way but, theres no lag, no shock, and no waiting. Let me know what you think.

Veg1
Veg2
Veg3
Veg4
Veg5

Works for me.

Peace,

Ham

smokie

smokie

PrefersHam
Nice.
Flood n drain or just constant bubbles?
Roots get tangled?
How long do you veg for in that?

PrefersHam

PrefersHam

constant bubbles (24 stones w/Alita 80), few tangles, 10 days or so then 1 week in UC.

Thanks,

Ham

johnnyrex

johnnyrex

Hello DS my question is during the pre- veg stage it seems that my clones don't grow just the roots is this normal and also I was wondering in the next stage the veg do you keep your light on 24/0 or 16/8? Thanks

johnnyrex

johnnyrex

Thanks UCMENOW so he leave it 18/6 and that's the kind of growth he gets in 10 day in the veg cycle that crazy what about pre-veg it seems that my plants don't grow quickly I'm in the second phase of the pre-veg and my clones are just starting to grow i can see the new leaves very tiny stating to form very slow compared to the growth DS id getting in pre-veg any help would really appreciate thanks once again

B

Badmf

Adding h2o2 isn't an issue unless its nonmixed when contsacing roots, of coursse use due care handling this and remember it will splash back off surface if poured badly!!! No burns right?

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

We run 20/4 in veg, but 18/6 is perfectly fine. The point is to give your girls some dark cycle reactions which really help with root production.

What system/method are you using for pre veg and veg?

U

UCswimmin

Amazingly helpful info desertsquirrel! I didn't have an aeroflo, so I made use of what I had and tried Ham's dwc tray. My roots, after 8 days, are no where to be seen outside the pots yet, and am wondering if this is normal.

Here's what's been done. I bought these clones from a club, actually some guy off budtrader, that was part of a club. 16 Super lemon haze. They looked decent, roots sticking out of the rapid rooters, not more than a half inch in any area, but a good amount of roots sticking out for each. The roots weren't the healthiest looking though, but not bad. So, I pop em directly into the net pots, with the bottoms of the rapidrooters sitting at just about water level and on top of hydroton, then filled in and surrounded by hydroton.

Water temps 62-64
11 air stones from an Alita-100
Air temp: 80 RH 70%
pH 5.9-6.2

Nutrients were mixed at 1/3 strength PPM ended up around 7-800

Canna Aqua A/B
Liquid Karma
Humboldt Roots (like roots excelurator)
Dynagro Silica
Cal/Mag

Light source 1k MH

Co2 ppm 900

The pictures show 1 of the plants doing fairly well, showing white fuzzy roots (although they are not outside the pot.) Then some plants looking pretty funky. One picture shows the spots on a leaf I interpreted to be a Magnesium deficiency, and have since corrected. Overall not so bad, I think, because the newest shoots all look fresh and green, I have some hope.

Is it just the initial shock of being picked up and brought home, then to adjust to a new system that is slowing things down? Or am I missing something important?

Ham and anyone else I'd love to have your help!

IMG 5100
IMG 5101
IMG 5102
IMG 5103
IMG 5106
IMG 5107
desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

Ppms should be more like 250, not 700.

No need for cal-mag or co2 yet ( 900 is higher then i ever go anyway [peak at 800-900 during stretch])

Light source is far too strong (t5s at this stage)

U

UCswimmin

Hey DS thanks for takin a look. I will swap in some fresh water to get the TDS down.

Just curious why no need for cal mag or co2?

Can I move the light further if I don't have fluoros?

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

Yeah, 8 ft away at least. But too strong is too strong.

And i forgot to mention... Don't forget the IBA

I don't have time right now to explain (ill try to later) but the co2 and cal-mag are retarding your growth, not helping it.

U

UCswimmin

I should work on obtaining some fluoros then?

I think IBA is the salts, right? Have a favorite source? (edit I really have no idea what IBA is)

I was only curious about the cal/mag so I can fully understand, but I can definitely take your word for it, you've shown really great success. I am just starting to learn this method.

Top Bottom