How to use this LED , with uv, creeds ir ?

• Thread starter Ph 007
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Anthem

Anthem

Looks like I need to not more reading lol,

Ok thanks mate

I like the idea leaving on all day rather than on and off like lilnew said,
I'll just have to try a few different ways see what happens init, but most likely i will dodge the on off I method unless i get great results from 1 test I'll try doing
FWIW commercial LED grow lights do not offer a switch for spectrum change

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Ok thanks mate

I'll just have to try a few different ways see what happens init, but most likely i will dodge the on off I method unless i get great results from 1 test I'll try doing
There may be a benefit I can't say for sure.

Same with the IR there may be a benefit to just morning and night. But I can say if there is more benefit than just leaving it on. I do know that far red will penetrate the canopy more and may increase overall photosynthetic rates because of this but there is also photomorphic effects to look at. So yeah simple question not so simple answer. But any which way I don't believe that all day or only for short periods is going to have a make or break affect on your grow

Ph 007

Ph 007

and btw, if you do go down the route of uv t5s. the reflector must be electricity conductible. for example aluminum foil, because if you used something that has plastic coating or whatnot the uv wont be reflected. it will just be absorbed into the reflector
Thanks makes sense.
I won't bother using t5's
I do use tube t5's for veg tent guess they're same or is it t5 with a uv bulb purple bulb? Not I gonna do this, I just need to know now lol

lilnew

lilnew

Ok thanks mate

i think you need to re-read basscaptain's reply. he said he ran them for 12 hrs straight and also tried the on n off and the on and off works better in his opinion. the thing is, its not always more is better. you have to find that balance. i cant find you the article for the UV light cycle i just told you. but apparently that was the best method in their mind. but again...its really up to you bro

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Thanks makes sense.
I do use tube t5's for veg tent guess they're same or is it t5 with a uv bulb purple bulb? Not I gonna do this, I just need to know now lol
Something like agromax pure UV would be a good source for what most of us are looking for to truely take advantage of UV.

lilnew

lilnew

Thanks makes sense.
it looks like a regular t5, but its got the REAL UVA+UVB, most diodes cant produce UVB, they can barely produce uva

Anthem

Anthem

i think you need to re-read basscaptain's reply. he said he ran them for 12 hrs straight and also tried the on n off and the on and off works better in his opinion. the thing is, its not always more is better. you have to find that balance. i cant find you the article for the UV light cycle i just told you. but apparently that was the best method in their mind. but again...its really up to you bro
Turning the UV Leds on an off should be done in the middle of the day if you are trying to emulate the UV given off by the sun. In the morning and early evening the light has to pass thru the ozone at an angle and this causes a loss in the actual amount of UV the sun is giving off.

Ph 007

Ph 007

True he's already done the test i was gonna so, iv tried on contsand 12 hours dormlast 2 weeks of flower not alot changed from not using well I didn't notice difference, I'll try on off but I can't say I'll be getting the hour the spot on it be more like flick on and off here and their lol

lilnew

lilnew

Turning the UV Leds on an off should be done in the middle of the day if you are trying to emulate the UV given off by the sun. In the morning and early evening the light has to pass thru the ozone at an angle and this causes a loss in the actual amount of UV the sun is giving off.
ya....i think thats what the article was saying about the theory i just said.

Ph 007

Ph 007

This sounds good I can almost see light at the end of the tunnel now why on and off certain times of day :)
But if the are crap like jaguar mad said probebebly want matter maybe lol

Ph 007

Ph 007

if i was reading the article correctly, UV boosts trichrome production to protect itself from the UV which enhances the THC level. other than that i don't see any benefits
Unread that somewhere aswell few weeks before I bough the light can't find it now tho like u ha,

Anthem

Anthem

This sounds good I can almost see light at the end of the tunnel now why on and off certain times of day :)
But if the are crap like jaguar mad said probebebly want matter maybe lol
This could depend on the quality of the Diodes being used. As mentioned the UV is used to increase Trichome production. The Trichomes act like a sunscreen shading the flowers from getting too much light is my understanding. There is something to be said about this subject.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I'm sure I heard last 2 weeks of flower, so wanted to ask thanks

That is for the thc benefit with uvb. The uva in led lamps will not do that. It may help with other processes but not increase in thc.

The uv and far red on a newer light board is meant to be on as part of the spectrum the whole time.

I think they put a switch on budget boards because of the cheap red and uv diodes. Cant think of a plant related reason.

All of the spectrum with the enhanced blue and red diodes has been shown to increase photosynthesis and plant health and the far red proven to increase yield.

Best info on cannabis and grow lighting is from professor Bruce Bugby at the university of utah cannabis lab. Can be found on you tube.

He is also the president of Apogee the makers of professional light meters.

Top Bottom