How to use this LED , with uv, creeds ir ?

• Thread starter Ph 007
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
lilnew

lilnew

I disagree. I find his stuff relevant, on point and unbiased.
If someone made a bulb 10 years ago why is nobody using it now.
As for the studies on uv and cannabis there is no real peer reviewed evidence on it that’s why you don’t have any links to add.
I’ll say it again I think it’s a marketing gimmick from light company’s as my mates stuff was no different from before he added the uv lights. He used the same cuts and growing technique so it was a fair comparison.
wt type of uv light did he add? cuz even different uv lights have different spectrum n not all of them are really producing enough uvb. they are just claiming to be UVB like a marketin gimmick that you're saying

The Rabbit

The Rabbit

wt type of uv light did he add? cuz even different uv lights have different spectrum n not all of them are really producing enough uvb. they are just claiming to be UVB like a marketin gimmick that you're saying

YouTube Dr. Bruce Bugbee of Apogee Lighting Inc. He has some amazing presentations on lighting.

I started, here:

44:12
Cannabis Grow Lighting Myths and FAQs with Dr. Bruce Bugbee
YouTube · Apogee Instruments Inc.
Jan 9, 2020

Last edited:
Porky1982

Porky1982

He bought the Cali light works fluorescent ones.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I disagree. I find his stuff relevant, on point and unbiased.
If someone made a bulb 10 years ago why is nobody using it now.
As for the studies on uv and cannabis there is no real peer reviewed evidence on it that’s why you don’t have any links to add.
I’ll say it again I think it’s a marketing gimmick from light company’s as my mates stuff was no different from before he added the uv lights. He used the same cuts and growing technique so it was a fair comparison.

His light reviews are not bad. But he still says plenty of opinion whether accurate or not like the example you posted.

The solis tek finishing bulb was single ended metal halide. Led has taken over the market. Was popular a while back for a minute before double ended and cmh came on the market.

And there are lab tests that show the increase in thc compared to no uvb. Search better. You have made your mind up with the same type of evidence you are complaining about.

I dont personally want to use it. Raising thc without all the other canabanoids in ratio would not be better in my opinion. The entourage effect from all the canabanoids and terpenes together is what gives a plant its individual high and buzz.

But uvb raising thc is long proven.

Ph 007

Ph 007

As someone said earlier in the post sorry forgot the name now lol
These light at powerfully maybe to powerfully I'm not expert tho
But They are dam bright the make my 600hps look like a 400 in the brightness, I was having siffebt problems wheb first grew with these led's I keep my light now 90cm above and it's helped alot of symptoms from what must of been light stress hurb w/e
But I get other problem. Cal & mag deficcianys at least that's what it looks like but with ups I didn't get this problem

From what I have ready last new days not sure if its correct but makes sense so im trying it todsy.
That's leaf temp . Basicly some say that led and leaf temp is different with led and hps even if room temp is the same

So my room temp is flower 75-77 78fmax iv run thse temps with hps lights no problem.

But They say with led even if room temp is the same the lead temprutute is usuall lower than hps with same room temps and it affect how the leave breath and give out moisture you guys know what I mean I don't word it as good as the experts lol

Anyway i orderd a infered heat gun it came yesterday, I check my leaf temps under my led so and the leaf temps whwre 76-78f my room was on 77-78f time of checking this
I never check this before under hps so I can't tell if the leaf temp is different from hps with same room temps.

They say that hps give of infered heat we can't see so even if room temp is 76f the leaf temp probbebly is in 80-85f rang
And with led even if room temp is same as his 76f the led don't give off infered head so the leaves don't get as warm as hps so you need to upp your room temps to get the leaf temps to about 85f

Hps would warm plants alot so we keps room temps at 75-77f to keep the plant in the 80-85f range

With led the the leaf temp.is cooler in order to get it to what cannabiss like you need to up the room temps

^^
Lol sorry I'm not very good at explain shit.

So my plan I got my infered gun todsy as in typing I'm getting my room temps up to 78-80 or even higher bassicly when tbis heat gun says my leaf temp is 85f I'll stay at my room temp what evever that will be.

1 thing im worried about hot room turning plant hermi.
But i suppose if leaf temps is correct then the room temp don't matter ?

1 thing I wish I knew is what my leaf tempreture has always been for years under hps light, because i nwber had problems id get my leaf temp temp with led what is was under hps,

Anyone running hps lights and have heat guy you fancy telling me your leaf temps please and room, ;)

I know aqua man knows what I'm trying to say here lol

Its all to with vpd and LST

If room tem was 110f but leaf temps was 80-85 is thia fine because the plant is not to hot it's just the room temp, ?

Also shit like this don't help lol
Screenshot 20200820 142145 Gallery

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

As someone said earlier in the post sorry forgot the name now lol
These light at powerfully maybe to powerfully I'm not expert tho
But They are dam bright the make my 600hps look like a 400 in the brightness, I was having siffebt problems wheb first grew with these led's I keep my light now 90cm above and it's helped alot of symptoms from what must of been light stress hurb w/e
But I get other problem. Cal & mag deficcianys at least that's what it looks like but with ups I didn't get this problem

From what I have ready last new days not sure if its correct but makes sense so im trying it todsy.
That's leaf temp . Basicly some say that led and leaf temp is different with led and hps even if room temp is the same

So my room temp is flower 75-77 78fmax iv run thse temps with hps lights no problem.

But They say with led even if room temp is the same the lead temprutute is usuall lower than hps with same room temps and it affect how the leave breath and give out moisture you guys know what I mean I don't word it as good as the experts lol

Anyway i orderd a infered heat gun it came yesterday, I check my leaf temps under my led so and the leaf temps whwre 76-78f my room was on 77-78f time of checking this
I never check this before under hps so I can't tell if the leaf temp is different from hps with same room temps.

They say that hps give of infered heat we can't see so even if room temp is 76f the leaf temp probbebly is in 80-85f rang
And with led even if room temp is same as his 76f the led don't give off infered head so the leaves don't get as warm as hps so you need to upp your room temps to get the leaf temps to about 85f

Hps would warm plants alot so we keps room temps at 75-77f to keep the plant in the 80-85f range

With led the the leaf temp.is cooler in order to get it to what cannabiss like you need to up the room temps

^^
Lol sorry I'm not very good at explain shit.

So my plan I got my infered gun todsy as in typing I'm getting my room temps up to 78-80 or even higher bassicly when tbis heat gun says my leaf temp is 85f I'll stay at my room temp what evever that will be.

1 thing im worried about hot room turning plant hermi.
But i suppose if leaf temps is correct then the room temp don't matter ?

1 thing I wish I knew is what my leaf tempreture has always been for years under hps light, because i nwber had problems id get my leaf temp temp with led what is was under hps,

Anyone running hps lights and have heat guy you fancy telling me your leaf temps please and room, ;)

I know aqua man knows what I'm trying to say here lol

Its all to with vpd and LST

If room tem was 110f but leaf temps was 80-85 is thia fine because the plant is not to hot it's just the room temp, ?

Also shit like this don't help lol
View attachment 1019337
Yeah room temp is only good for calculations in vpd or if your don't know leaf temps for a close guess. Leaf tamps are what matters.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Yeah room temp is only good for calculations in vpd or if your don't know leaf temps for a close guess. Leaf tamps are what matters.

I got a question fer ya.

When raising the room temp to account for lack of ir in led isnt getting the roots too warm a concern?

I dont think I want 85 degree farenheight roots do I?

Also if using co2 in a sealed room how do the roots get enough oxygen?

Some advanced noob questions. :-)

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I got a question fer ya.

When raising the room temp to account for lack of ir in led isnt getting the roots too warm a concern?

I dont think I want 85 degree farenheight roots do I?

Also if using co2 in a sealed room how do the roots get enough oxygen?

Some advanced noob questions. :-)
Absolutely root temps are a concern. And as someone I know you respect Bruce also states that root zone temps of around 80f are optimal during the day. At night they get a chance to cool off. The root zone is always cooler than ambient temps for a few reasons so if room temps are 85 even the surfave temp of my soil is around 80f from my own testing and I would assume even cooler a few inches into the soil.

In terms of oxygen and co2. They are absolutely independent of each other. Higher co2 does not displace nor mean less oxygen.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Absolutely root temps are a concern. And as someone I know you respect Bruce also states that root zone temps of around 80f are optimal during the day. At night they get a chance to cool off. The root zone is always cooler than ambient temps for a few reasons so if room temps are 85 even the surfave temp of my soil is around 80f from my own testing and I would assume even cooler a few inches into the soil.

In terms of oxygen and co2. They are absolutely independent of each other. Higher co2 does not displace nor mean less oxygen.

Ok. I see. But what replenishes the oxygen in a sealed room with only co2 injected?

I have always wondered about this.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Ok. I see. But what replenishes the oxygen in a sealed room with only co2 injected?

I have always wondered about this.
The plants. In my speculation plants assimilate carbon but very little o2 is actually held on to by the plant unlike carbon which is literally the building blocks of all life. So therefore co2 needs to be added in a much higher capacity. Just my opinion I have not read any definitive studies on this.

TheBioMaster

TheBioMaster

I've often wondered about the other gases like nitrogen, and argon. It is odd to me that nitrogen, oxygen, and argon make up most of our "air", and co2, and the others are only found in trace amounts.

I guess it's a good thing for us humans, but if co2 was in the top 3, plants would grow as big as houses!! Imagine a single bud weighing around 1000 pounds???😎😎

That's the world I wanna live in......

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I've often wondered about the other gases like nitrogen, and argon. It is odd to me that nitrogen, oxygen, and argon make up most of our "air", and co2, and the others are only found in trace amounts.

I guess it's a good thing for us humans, but if co2 was in the top 3, plants would grow as big as houses!! Imagine a single bud weighing around 1000 pounds???😎😎

Plants were much bigger when the earth was around 2000ppm of co2.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Like the giant ferns in the dinosaur days.

Put on a sabre tooth tiger loincloth and run through the giant forest!

Latest posts

Top Bottom