How Truthful Are The Posts On This Site?

• Thread starter Anthem
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Everyone on here is a liar besides me.

Let's test it.

Me: why the fuck are organic growers brewing compost? It makes negative amounts of sense, you're retarded

Everyone else: hey bro buy this Cannabis compost brewer, it's only $199 with discount code thcfarmer1 and if you follow them on Facebook you'll be entered in the monthly bottled molasses drawing!
Haha over the top but kinda true. As the real benefit come from the soil building and biology... if that your thing. Imo the whole organic movement is a kinda sham.... flame away. Not saying it doesn't have its benefits but I'm not gonna spend yrs building a good organic soil indoors im just to dam lazy and thats the truth not a fact or maybe both lol.

Anthem

Anthem

Haha over the top but kinda true. As the real benefit come from the soil building and biology... if that your thing. Imo the whole organic movement is a kinda sham.... flame away. Not saying it doesn't have its benefits but I'm not gonna spend yrs building a good organic soil indoors im just to dam lazy and thats the truth not a fact or maybe both lol.
Soil is soil. Its just soil, boring and slow. That is unless you go KNF.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I see soil as a complex thing especially with organics. The soil consistency and nutrition changes and improves over time like a fine wine if done right. But I'm not looking to recreate that indoors.

If i was outdoor I would be organic for the most part.

Anthem

Anthem

I see soil as a complex thing especially with organics. The soil consistency and nutrition changes and improves over time like a fine wine if done right. But I'm not looking to recreate that indoors.

I will PM you this guys name on IG. He does soil with amazing results. Been using the same soil for like 7 years. When he finishes a grow the soil gets washed with like 180 degree water to kill everything off and he starts it back up.

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter

Hey man :) Well we live in the country so it's easy to do things because we have no shortage of land. But there's no way we could have done this in our former urban environment. Nope. Not possible.

So 5 gallon bags hold a lot of soil. I went through 23 bags of Pro Mix this season, just cracked my last one. My wife directed the construction of this thing that looks like a compost bin with a sliding front door like what you see on a feed tote for cattle. The rails are mounted to the outside.

Anyway so when a grow is done, the bag or bags whatever get dumped in there after the root ball has been removed. Then it gets covered up with a tin roof. Coffee and tea grounds are about the only things that get added to it. It bakes under the sun. Like when it's cold out in the morning, steam is coming out of that thing like what happens in a manure pile.

Letting it sit like that does make the mix really rich again... and saves $$$.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Hey man :) Well we live in the country so it's easy to do things because we have no shortage of land. But there's no way we could have done this in our former urban environment. Nope. Not possible.

So 5 gallon bags hold a lot of soil. I went through 23 bags of Pro Mix this season, just cracked my last one. My wife directed the construction of this thing that looks like a compost bin with a sliding front door like what you see on a feed tote for cattle. The rails are mounted to the outside.

Anyway so when a grow is done, the bag or bags whatever get dumped in there after the root ball has been removed. Then it gets covered up with a tin roof. Coffee and tea grounds are about the only things that get added to it. It bakes under the sun. Like when it's cold out in the morning, steam is coming out of that thing like what happens in a manure pile.

Letting it sit like that does make the mix really rich again... and saves $$$.
If ya have the space and time its a great way to go... not for me, atleast not yet. Maybe when I retire and move. That and bugs terrify me.

dire wolf

dire wolf

There was only ever one in all of NYC. Queens hydroponic garden center on Horace harding and Kissena. A one of its kind icon going way back like early 90's when shit just seemed more illegal than it is now. We basically would go in disguise and be sweating and shaking the whole time. You had to just grab what what you wanted and pay, they hated questions of any kind. Even the slightest hint you were referring to weed got you kicked out on the spot even though every employee looked like the biggest stoner ever. Everyone just stared at the floor lol. We were convinced it was run by cops but we never got busted so idk...I only went there to buy a new light or bulb when I absolutely had to because it was the only way to get it, everything else was from home depot or the aquarium store lol....

But its gone now sadly...probably thanks to Jeff Bozos. 😑 I'm complicit in that crime too unfortunately
Yup ...Ralph.....
They moved to Whitestone and finally closed , fond memories
Used to park on Main Street and walk over the lie bridge

Elxfeezy

Elxfeezy

Well hopefully the title kind of says it all. I guess I am a glass is half empty kind of person. Besides that, do you feel that the posts on this site are true without exaggeration?
I don’t know how to use the feature, but if I even have reason to think a person would lie about their yields, I would immediately block them. I can definitely imagine people do it. But who wants to associate with the guy that feels he needs to lie in a community of people coming together to learn.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I don’t know how to use the feature, but if I even have reason to think a person would lie about their yields, I would immediately block them. I can definitely imagine people do it. But who wants to associate with the guy that feels he needs to lie in a community of people coming together to learn.
Click on the name, go to recent activity. Then click on the name again and the option to block will be there.

Thailord

Thailord

I lie as much and as often as I can on here. Why would I let anyone in on my secret to getting 5 pounds per light? Then I have to compete with all you pleebs who now have my secret recipe. Its all lies, don't believe anything you read on the internet.
With LED's right? 😂😂😂

TheBioMaster

TheBioMaster

According to psychology, every person on this planet will tell on average about 10 lies per day.......

You could even go as far as saying it is human nature to lie.....

Most are not really telling lies on purpose or are 100% conscious when we lie......

Every person will claim they are different and don't lie 10 times a day...lol

Perception is everything!

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

winner right here,finally someone see it my way,why even waste your time inside,as far as all organic movement,it is a total money making scam.
lie or not
if all that tell these horror stories really had it so bad ,a store is and was the last place to go,you grew in the jungle ,you feed a plant what you thought was great ,mostly shit, you never talk about weed ,you stay elusive like a spider and you have 10 eyes watching your grow ,you visit in the moon light and crawl threw the hog trails leading to your grow.
proper site and resources that were already there,again mulched shit disolved in water was the girls choice.
i never even been in a hydro shop or a dispensary in my life why would i,you gonna see one day and mark my word,this state legalization stuff ,it gonna turn backwards.
we have already seen that are gov has been a scam from day one of voting and majority rules, have you noticed that we growers and smokers are still spoke upon as dope addicts.
sorry folks that will never change
one thing is for sure,i will never sign anything that will get me a permit to grow and or buy as medicine,my stuff might not be top shelf as you call it,even my floor scraps give me a buzz,job done
there is no light made that can do what the sun does,there is no nutrient made that a forest floor can provide,there damn sure aint any thing called trust these days either.
i got to say these comments are funny as hell though and great coffe reads,havent had one make me spit my coffe yet but im waiting hahaha.
op as far as truth on these forums,it is the same as watching you tube,you watch about 10 video and from all them video's you factor in what each one does the same,same with growing because we all have are goffy methods that work for us and crazy to otheres
but lie oh no never hahahahah

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

i disagree,soil is like what we humans should be,slow and let life rush by you,myself i really am lazy i just want it do grow like it should,like i went and threw 100 seeds out and just come back to a field of dreams.
it also great for when you have other plants of life that are over planted because you got to plant for the bugs too,so with several plot going ya ,you be teling them plants to slow the hell down come summer time hahaah
if you do it right there is absolutly no work at all growin in soil,feed the soil not the plant.
i have a tree out here grown in compost pile,not one time this year have i watered that tree,then just went and pruned it couple days ago,that soil is so active didnt want to stand on it might have been snakes too haahah,they love compost

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
If ya have the space and time its a great way to go... not for me, atleast not yet. Maybe when I retire and move. That and bugs terrify me.

Land is very cheap where I am. But then you have to be scared of really really really different people. It's like stepping back in time 50 to 100 years. Some of it (public politeness, sweet people, god/moma/apple pie) is endearing. Other parts of it (no bars for 45 minutes, liquor store is 35 minutes away, church on every corner) is weird. But the sum of the total is that I don't get *&&^% with and people respect property boundaries as something sacred. Like they aren't coming down the road without calling first. There are no "surprises" ever in our driveway. I like all of that but living out in the middle of no where takes some getting used to. The biggest adjustment I had to make was getting used to the deafening roar... of silence. Now THAT was weird.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Land is very cheap where I am. But then you have to be scared of really really really different people. It's like stepping back in time 50 to 100 years. Some of it (public politeness, sweet people, god/moma/apple pie) is endearing. Other parts of it (no bars for 45 minutes, liquor store is 35 minutes away, church on every corner) is weird. But the sum of the total is that I don't get *&&^% with and people respect property boundaries as something sacred. Like they aren't coming down the road without calling first. There are no "surprises" ever in our driveway. I like all of that but living out in the middle of no where takes some getting used to. The biggest adjustment I had to make was getting used to the deafening roar... of silence. Now THAT was weird.

I live out in the forest but with some neighbors in a lake neighborhood subdivision.

the spooky part for me coming from more populated areas was the lack of light at night. No streetlights or even house lights polluting the sky. But what a sense of dread it gave me in the beginning. Plus the rustling i hear in the trees is likely really an animal there.

Anthem

Anthem

i disagree,soil is like what we humans should be,slow and let life rush by you,myself i really am lazy i just want it do grow like it should,like i went and threw 100 seeds out and just come back to a field of dreams.
it also great for when you have other plants of life that are over planted because you got to plant for the bugs too,so with several plot going ya ,you be teling them plants to slow the hell down come summer time hahaah
if you do it right there is absolutly no work at all growin in soil,feed the soil not the plant.
i have a tree out here grown in compost pile,not one time this year have i watered that tree,then just went and pruned it couple days ago,that soil is so active didnt want to stand on it might have been snakes too haahah,they love compost
I understand what you are saying. I am growing indoors and soil is just so slow compared to hydro. That was my point and I did not correctly explain why I said soil is boring. The tree thing reminded me of a small tree I also have in a pile of used soil. That small seedling grew at a remarkable rate this summer.

Top Bottom