How Truthful Are The Posts On This Site?

• Thread starter Anthem
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ArrEll

ArrEll

Well hopefully the title kind of says it all. I guess I am a glass is half empty kind of person. Besides that, do you feel that the posts on this site are true without exaggeration?
Why would anyone create a Profile, to come on here and tell lies about their Grow? They'd have to be pretty desperate for attention. And if anyone did, I believe he/she would be called out on it within days, if not hours. What would it profit them, to give me bad advice? - then tell me: "Ha ha! Fooled ya!". I don't really understand the motivation behind this question.

I guess I'm too old, or Naive - or something.

beluga

beluga

Why would anyone create a Profile, to come on here and tell lies about their Grow? They'd have to be pretty desperate for attention. And if anyone did, I believe he/she would be called out on it within days, if not hours. What would it profit them, to give me bad advice? - then tell me: "Ha ha! Fooled ya!". I don't really understand the motivation behind this question.

Trolling is a strange, strange modern disorder...

growsince79

growsince79

Most of the lying going on is from the advertised and their cronies.

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
I live out in the forest but with some neighbors in a lake neighborhood subdivision.

the spooky part for me coming from more populated areas was the lack of light at night. No streetlights or even house lights polluting the sky. But what a sense of dread it gave me in the beginning. Plus the rustling i hear in the trees is likely really an animal there.

Deer, armadillos, raccoons, the odd skunk flying through the yard (they are fast af when scared), possums... all of that and much more is on display every day here :) Its comforting. Because if they are out and about then nothing dangerous is. Its when the woods go silent that I make sure some loud protection is near by.

BudGoodman

BudGoodman

Supporter
We used to take kittens and leave ransom notes, which were really just shopping lists for their owners, with instructions on where to leave the gear and pick up little Fluffers.

IMG 20191220 1519092882

I didn't step a foot into a Hydro store until 2015.
We called it kit-napping.
Had a buddy get caught cat-napping... Scared me. So, I never took it that far.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I understand what you are saying. I am growing indoors and soil is just so slow compared to hydro. That was my point and I did not correctly explain why I said soil is boring. The tree thing reminded me of a small tree I also have in a pile of used soil. That small seedling grew at a remarkable rate this summer.
thats the thing,even inside if you got every thing right,smoke will rise from the produce you make.
with a living soil the pleasure is already in the pot,you dont have to give it nothing or at least not often,when decompostion is almost done you can replenish it and move on,them little fella that love the dark will give the plant what it thrives,when you deviate from its plan it doesnt work out so well,so in a nut shell the less you do the better the outcome.
problem comes when you start with water or soiless mediums,your so use to a starting gate and race on,that you have no patience for soil,even though the outcome is a whole lot better IMO and damn sure less work ,i know these thing ,i have tried several far as im concerned and practice is 2 grows for the issue.
i grow a soil grow , then back it up with a coco grow,fill the store for a year and wait to august for a re run if needed.
dont even listen to aqua man either,he loves soil he just aint minding right now hahahahah

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Deer, armadillos, raccoons, the odd skunk flying through the yard (they are fast af when scared), possums... all of that and much more is on display every day here :) Its comforting. Because if they are out and about then nothing dangerous is. Its when the woods go silent that I make sure some loud protection is near by.
i agree with that, im 60 and have never in my life seen a porcupine in real life,last week i did,that ornary son bitch eating with my deer,damn quills 10 in long on his back,walked right up to him and the damn thing climbed a tree and got about 40 ft up and just watched me,next night he was under the deck ,cat was pissed it was n her crib,next night again with the deer right about hour before dark,walked about 30 yrds from it,we glanced eyes over the battle field,i raised that M14 bb gun and laid into his ass ever shot hit um in ass as he ran ,scurried up that same tree,i ran over to tree to say homie GET OFF MY DAMN GRASS he smiled with his ugly ole black face look like a damn dog that been fighting swole up face,mad as hel at me ,i raised my weapon aimed right at his ass and click,shit out of bb's and only about 10 min of ight left,i run on my cane back to the house ,i reload and hurry cane a smoking across the yard,damn thing done left,i yelled out stay gone you fool,i knew you would mind,hadnt been back since,hahaahah,i could only imagine my bull dogs trying to get at um,them quills so long be like freaking knifes.
this is a true incident by the way op,you cant make this shit up,happens in my world alllllll the time

beluga

beluga

Pros and cons to both soil and hydro... and those are mostly based on perspective and preference.
Hydro is super fast... fast growing, fast dying, fast ailing, fast fixing.
It really speaks to the hands-on Mr. Fix-it tinkerer in me.
It can be almost pest-proof, but can also be more disease and environment prone.
It defies my preference for things in their natural state, but feeds my scientific inclination.
But it's terrible for the sloth in me... hydro plants can get away from you and become hard to manage in the blink of an eye.

Soil is slow going, set and forget, and intrinsic.
It speaks to my 'let it be' nature. My feels.
You can really 'see' the plants being happier and healthier in a well-established soil comprised of whole natural ingredients.
It can also be frustrating. There are many unseen moving parts in that soil ecology. Bugs are a bitch! Soil microbiome and aeration can be a silent killer.
The plants take their time in it and so do deficiencies and remedies.
But that's a great way to teach you to take your time... plan better, be patient, leave expectations at the door, and hear instead of just listen.

Soil's a way to the heart of being human; hydro's a way to the mind of being human.

While they're both fascinating and interesting to me, I'm eager to go back to amended soil and IPM practices.
But, for now, I'm looking to up my stash.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Pros and cons to both soil and hydro... and those are mostly based on perspective and preference.
Hydro is super fast... fast growing, fast dying, fast ailing, fast fixing.
It really speaks to the hands-on Mr. Fix-it tinkerer in me.
It can be almost pest-proof, but can also be more disease and environment prone.
It defies my preference for things in their natural state, but feeds my scientific inclination.
But it's terrible for the sloth in me... hydro plants can get away from you and become hard to manage in the blink of an eye.

Soil is slow going, set and forget, and intrinsic.
It speaks to my 'let it be' nature. My feels.
You can really 'see' the plants being happier and healthier in a well-established soil comprised of whole natural ingredients.
It can also be frustrating. There are many unseen moving parts in that soil ecology. Bugs are a bitch! Soil microbiome and aeration can be a silent killer.
The plants take their time in it and so do deficiencies and remedies.
But that's a great way to teach you to take your time... plan better, be patient, leave expectations at the door, and hear instead of just listen.

Soil's a way to the heart of being human; hydro's a way to the mind of being human.

While they're both fascinating and interesting to me, I'm eager to go back to amended soil and IPM practices.
But, for now, I'm looking to up my stash.
im not really swayed on any method i do them all some times all together,but soil is my fav

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
Yeah I let my aero cloner go for a couple weeks longer than normal on some clones. Went to check the roots and my wife's eyes got really wide. Shes like are you going back to hydro? I really like the taste of hydro. The one time I haven't jumped to spend money on my grow... Sticking with the dirt. For now. Heh heh.

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter

You ever heard of growers ego? It’s like wearing beer goggles 😂 I’ve seen growers with pm, spider mites and budrot that still think they have the best of the best withno interest in smoking anything but their own.

SSgrower

SSgrower

Varmit's in your yard? I get caught not seeing a skunk or opossum at my side door where the feral cats come for scraps. I've only grown in soil. Now I am interested in a Coco grow, just researching the nutrients, lighting advancments, room developments ect.
This forum is much better than "Leafly" for my research, thanks for the views and knowledge. I am a "certified" Master Gardener from Texas A&M field education system so I understand a lot of the science. Thanks again.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Exaggeration happens.

But total bullshit about growing and a grow experience would likely be discovered. If you don't know a topic and are trying to fool people who do, you're eventually fucked, probably sooner rather than later.

The main things to try and filter are personal biases. People develop preferences based on experiences, but they may not have had ALL the experiences necessary to make certain statements. When new information comes in, they reject it because it doesn't fit in with personal beliefs. I'm as susceptible to that as anyone. I'm not alluding to any single person.

Smoke reports are especially interesting. First, there are fanboy types. Then there are the personal preferences for different buzzes and different potencies. For those, it's sort of like deciding which movie critic is worth listening to: does this person like the same kind of movies (or buzzes) that I do?

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
Exaggeration happens.

But total bullshit about growing and a grow experience would likely be discovered. If you don't know a topic and are trying to fool people who do, you're eventually fucked, probably sooner rather than later.

The main things to try and filter are personal biases. People develop preferences based on experiences, but they may not have had ALL the experiences necessary to make certain statements. When new information comes in, they reject it because it doesn't fit in with personal beliefs. I'm as susceptible to that as anyone. I'm not alluding to any single person.

Smoke reports are especially interesting. First, there are fanboy types. Then there are the personal preferences for different buzzes and different potencies. For those, it's sort of like deciding which movie critic is worth listening to: does this person like the same kind of movies (or buzzes) that I do?

Exactly. I laugh when people are chopping on 80% cloudy trichs. Cause that ballerina day time buzz? With all respect fuck that. Give me amber or give me death. I want my ass glued to the floor. That first hit should knock the shit out of me. I'm talking about sledgehammer to the cranium. Boom... audio waffles a bit... and you're like... dont pass out. And ahhhh. Stoooooooned. ahhhhhh..

But that's what works for me. Everyone is different or we'd ALL be eating quiche. I love quiche btw....

Hungry now.

Thanks...

⛅🌪🌥🌩🌩🌩🌩🌩🌩🌩🌤

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter

Have you ever seen that show “catfish?” There are some very, very different folk in this world.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Exactly. I laugh when people are chopping on 80% cloudy trichs. Cause that ballerina day time buzz? With all respect fuck that. Give me amber or give me death. I want my ass glued to the floor. That first hit should knock the shit out of me. I'm talking about sledgehammer to the cranium. Boom... audio waffles a bit... and you're like... dont pass out. And ahhhh. Stoooooooned. ahhhhhh..

But that's what works for me. Everyone is different or we'd ALL be eating quiche. I love quiche btw....

Hungry now.

Thanks...

⛅🌪🌥🌩🌩🌩🌩🌩🌩🌩🌤

I appreciate all parts of the cannabis spectrum, but I want a mature plant (25% amber, or thereabout). I love speedy, crazy shit, but stuff that was bred to be speedy and crazy at maturity and not because of an early harvest.

A good test for a racy, crazy strain, for me, would be to use a newbie smoker as a test subject. If he become paranoid and has to be darted with an animal tranq after two hits, perfection.

growsince79

growsince79

I appreciate all parts of the cannabis spectrum, but I want a mature plant (25% amber, or thereabout). I love speedy, crazy shit, but stuff that was bred to be speedy and crazy at maturity and not because of an early harvest.

A good test for a racy, crazy strain, for me, would be to use a newbie smoker as a test subject. If he become paranoid and has to be darted with an animal tranq after two hits, perfection.
I like em all, as long as it's potent and taste good. But I need variety too-at least 3 different strains daily.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

IME if ya harvest early its not the good racy of a sativa leaner. Its more the headache short lived up and down type.

Agree with @mysticepipedon rather get a racy strain.

Been there done that on the harvest, even recently. I used that for edibles and seems to be much better suited than for smoking when harvested early.

Top Bottom