Hows The Weather In Your Neck O The Woods?? And What Are You Doing Today???

• Thread starter chickenman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
GoldNBoy

GoldNBoy

It's been a steady drizzle here, since I woke n boke around 5. Not a whole lot going on, though. I should be halter breaking colts, but it's muddy & slick.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
It's been a steady drizzle here, since I woke n boke around 5. Not a whole lot going on, though. I should be halter breaking colts, but it's muddy & slick.
Get you ass out there now!! lol..
Mud clomping...
Good reason to keep "boked" then nap, colts will wait for another day..

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Wishing I was deep down in the Black Canyon right about now...
Wowowowowowow

Credit photo Drew Michael image

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Happy Thanksgiving Chickenman!
Thanks was low key here
Wife and two friends
Went to bed after dinner at 4 pm up at 6 am Much needed rest lots happening on farm with clean up and chores
Hitting River may just hike up and spend night up t kamp howdy Or just fish for the day
I have traveled the world climbed the great pyramid in Giza Eqypt
Seen a whole lot but the river to me is the most amazing place of all
Every visit is different than the last
Fishing is only a part I sit and gaze in wonderment shout out
OH OH OH and listen to the echo
Most times all to myself or few others

GoldNBoy

GoldNBoy

Thanks was low key here
Wife and two friends
Went to bed after dinner at 4 pm up at 6 am Much needed rest lots happening on farm with clean up and chores
Hitting River may just hike up and spend night up t kamp howdy Or just fish for the day
I have traveled the world climbed the great pyramid in Giza Eqypt
Seen a whole lot but the river to me is the most amazing place of all
Every visit is different than the last
Fishing is only a part I sit and gaze in wonderment shout out
OH OH OH and listen to the echo
Most times all to myself or few others
Was windy today, but got plenty done.
Really love those places in life. Powerful. Gathering cows NE of Salida, a while back, I found one. Close to 10k, in a big aspen lined valley. My son was 3\4 mile away, but I felt like I could reach out & touch him. As he rode along, I could hear every hoof fall, his & his horse's breath, even the leaves brushing across him. I have excellent vision, and he was a tiny speck on the wall. I spoke to him low, as if we were side by side. He snapped around, like I'd snuck up on him. Acoustics were perfect. We took a moment, and slacked cinches. We let our horses blow for a minute, and just absorbed it. We let the cows find their calves & string out. I smoked, and explained the hand signals I'd been giving across the canyon. It was an excellent learning experience for the boy, if nothing more... But it blew his mind.

Neter Sentra

Neter Sentra

Was up very early it's muddy and nasty out, took truck down to an area we call low water it's an old dam, weather was just right for fog. Dam has fallen out on backside so it creates a waterfall after big rains. For some reason reminds me of Maine. I sat for prolly an hour and a half smoking and writing. Sun is out now or at least trying. Well off to chores.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Record cold Denver area..
Here in the banana belt 14 this morning at dawn...
Bright and sunny
Chores... Done..
Will feast a nice breakfast to fuel energy to wade across and hike up into the Gunnison Gorge with my trusty young side kick who in the time I have know him as a beginner fly caster is now mastering the art....
One never totally masters the art, one always is learning and discovering as it changes so much day to day, season to season..
The river in winter is so awesome as is the other seasons..
Tiny tiny underwater bugs called midges are the ticket wintertime..
Ant size, so many insects underwater the fish are gorging on almost constantly.
Theirs hatching going on underwater year around
Restart the fire butter up wife off we go back in time to check out the Denver Donkies vs patriots this afternoon....
Local Grow, you going to game??????

scoop

scoop

Quite the roller coaster on those temps over the last few days here in CO...huh kids?

60 Friday afternoon @ 4PM
5F Saturday @7 AM - 8 inches of snow fell during the day...temps fell all day...
by 6 PM Sat night... -12F
@ 6 AM this morning 7F
2PM today 35F

A 55 degree drop Fri/Sat..... and a 47 degree warm up from last night til this afternoon.

GoldNBoy

GoldNBoy

Quite the roller coaster on those temps over the last few days here in CO...huh kids?

60 Friday afternoon @ 4PM
5F Saturday @7 AM - 8 inches of snow fell during the day...temps fell all day...
by 6 PM Sat night... -12F
@ 6 AM this morning 7F
2PM today 35F

A 55 degree drop Fri/Sat..... and a 47 degree warm up from last night til this afternoon.
Yeah! It was 17*, an hour ago. It's 3*, now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom