Hows The Weather In Your Neck O The Woods?? And What Are You Doing Today???

• Thread starter chickenman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Black canyon float trip of a lifetime...
We float the lower part of the canyon into the gorge which is easy water to float and fish.
Have done the canyon with fishing guide shroomed out all three days was a blast...

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
No real fishing today a few casts then home for nap.
Time now for some French pressed coffee and a few bowls of bubble hash just made last nite.
Friend coming tomorrow evening will visit with wife and feast float and fish Thur and Friday Saturday better not fish, wedding anniversary 16 years or so as I recall...

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

wow! what a trip. thats funny you put your boots in the water like that. What is a boat trip like out there?
I just booked a boat trip for HellsRiver Rouge River boat ride . I have never done anything like that before but it sounds like a lot of fun . They say to make sure you have a hat that ties down , sunglasses with a band because they will fly off its so rough. I think the last time I did something like that was at Great Adventure New Jersey in flume ride and the Roaring Rapids ride. Congratulations on the Harvest.
If you get the chance to take a white water rafting trip with a good guiding service, you should take it.

A few years ago a friend of a friend was a river guide in Glenwood springs, we rafted the Colorado, and it was awesome. We camped outside of glenwood to save fundage, and the guide took us on her day off, and we piggy backed the guide service shuttle bus. It was nice to float at our own pace, stopping to dick around etc, sitting in hot springs along the river. Heed their advice and just bring stuff that you are okay with losing and you'll be fine.
GlenwoodRafting

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
16 years ago today married my gal....
will fish most of the day home by dark thirty..
NOT!!!
Will spend time together like always have a nice feast, process up 150 dozen eggs for tomorrows delivery to Vail valley a nice drive with a wonderful gal.. My soul mate, one lucky fella....
The best is yet to come.....

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
If you get the chance to take a white water rafting trip with a good guiding service, you should take it.

A few years ago a friend of a friend was a river guide in Glenwood springs, we rafted the Colorado, and it was awesome. We camped outside of glenwood to save fundage, and the guide took us on her day off, and we piggy backed the guide service shuttle bus. It was nice to float at our own pace, stopping to dick around etc, sitting in hot springs along the river. Heed their advice and just bring stuff that you are okay with losing and you'll be fine.
View attachment 719448
Any man overboards???

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
16 years ago today married my gal....
will fish most of the day home by dark thirty..
NOT!!!
Will spend time together like always have a nice feast, process up 150 dozen eggs for tomorrows delivery to Vail valley a nice drive with a wonderful gal.. My soul mate, one lucky fella....
The best is yet to come.....
Good on you:smoking:

DAT

DAT

Congratulations Chicken man. That video is intense!! That rafting trip immense Local Grow . There is nothing. Nothing at all like being on the River. That long stretch of highway going nowhere. We did the rouge river with Jerry this gorgeous day and Friday with hellgate . So got to see over 200 miles of the Wild Rouge River. So much fun!!
IMG 3362

62693834 3ABF 4C8C A762 1F4FD91E6564

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

Any man overboards???
Since our guide was off the clock, we did our share of dicking around. There was a heated tournament of 'king of the front of the raft' and 'dodge the rock' and 'jump and pray you'll clear the rocks because this canyon isn't meant for cliff diving despite what you saw at casa bonita'. Since we packed a cooler of liquid refreshment we took our time. I was on the front right of my boat, which was equally awesome and pants-wetting. In the canyon there are sulfur springs along the river so we stopped and farted around there. Below the hot springs pool there is a large pipe that discharges unused water from the facility directly into the river. Since we weren't sober, we thought it wise to explore. That pipe went straight back towards the mountain for about a hundred yards, then opened up into a space the size of a small bathroom. It was pitch black and not at all as much fun as we anticipated, although the way out was fast as the pipe was lined with algae and it was like a water slide with a really bad landing zone of rocks and rocks.

That weekend was a UFC fight, back when the UFC cards were still full of good fights. A kid in our group wanted to watch the fights, so we made our way to town. The third bar we went to was empty, with the bartender and manager watching baseball or some other game. When we saddled up to the bar and asked to watch the fights, we were kindly advised that the bar didn't show 'that type of stuff'. The bar next door had the fights on, so we stayed there. The same kid proceeded to get too drunk to drive his own car home, which was fine since we were close to camp. His food came late and then it was screwed up. That escalated into the kid still getting charged for his meal even though it took an hour and he didn't eat it. He made a grand exit of yelling obscenities at the bartender who asked him to leave, earning himself an invite to never come back.

Ten minutes later he realized that he forgot his keys at the bar, and when he went back to 'apologize' the bartender still invited him not to stay but cheerfully said his keys probably got thrown out with the trash, and that he was welcome to check himself. There is a special kind of revenge, where you think you are dishing it out but in the end, you end up going through piles of food waste looking for a set of keys in the trash behind the bar you just got kicked out of. Karma!

weed>booze

@DAT I like your cooler contents. A 200 mile lazy river ride would be awesome, that's over 200 joints!

DAT

DAT

@LocalGrowGuy thank you. The lil cooler fits a six pack perfectly as well! The 102 mile jet boat trip was a bit much. I prefer the smaller jet boat . It can get up in the air higher. I never did a rafting trip before. They offer them at the Rouge River! The middle section of the Rouge was dynomite blasted out
By Glen Wooldrige to take out boulders to make the river more passable. That particularl section is very technical. Class 6. And our jet boat turned around right here. What is the technical difficulty of the picture where you were rafting?
IMG 3365

This is looking at the river from the west. I foolishly neglected to take a picture from where we stopped on the east side.

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

@LocalGrowGuy thank you. The lil cooler fits a six pack perfectly as well! The 102 mile jet boat trip was a bit much. I prefer the smaller jet boat . It can get up in the air higher. I never did a rafting trip before. They offer them at the Rouge River! The middle section of the Rouge was dynomite blasted out
By Glen Wooldrige to take out boulders to make the river more passable. That particularl section is very technical. Class 6. And our jet boat turned around right here. What is the technical difficulty of the picture where you were rafting?
View attachment 721502
This is looking at the river from the west. I foolishly neglected to take a picture from where we stopped on the east side.
I grabbed a stock photo but the river runs class 3-4. There are tons of tourists, I'm not even sure they allow these guided trips on more technical sections. Even though the trips are guided the rafters still have to paddle, which can complicate things. A guide can do a perfect job but if the paddlers don't paddle down the middle or tongue of the rapid, the raft could flip, and that's when things go bad. On our trip we had to work and paddle through the rapids, it wasn't a relaxing lazy river ride.

There is just massive amounts of water during runoff. We took our trip before the age of cell phone cameras and wet bags, and we were more concerned about hiding our booze from passing rafts than taking pictures. This was before the green rush and herb was still hush hush in public. No silicone bongs and no glass in the raft. There is a lot of pressure in touristy areas like this, and I doubt that we would have the freedom now that we enjoyed then. This was probably around 2005, and I doubt rafting companies loan out their equipment to their employees on their days off.

@chickenman has his guy take us up the canyon in the jet boat, I can't comprehend a 102 mile trip.

1816 House

1816 House

The river trips are amazing, I'd much rather live in the mountains than be a Flatlander.
There are a couple benefits, however.
How many lobsters will a pound of weed get you..$5/lb and falling

20170720_142920-jpg.721985

This is Nubble Light on Cape Neddick, ME today.
I have to do some work in the town for the next few days, this is lunch time
20170720 133044

Dan789

Dan789

House, have some lobster for me too. Around $20/lb here.
I remember working with a woman in San Jose, who used to live in Florida, that said she was so poor (while there, Florida) they had to eat lobster all the time, too funny.

1816 House

1816 House

I remember working with a woman in San Jose, who used to live in Florida, that said she was so poor (while there, Florida) they had to eat lobster all the time, too funny.
Too true, my son's friend would eat our cupboards bare of cereal, peanut butter, everything, because all he got for lunch all the time was Lobster.
My Grandmother despised it for the same reason, all the kids' laugh at you.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Cheaper than chicken in a few more weeks, should hit, $3.99, seen it as low as $3.29 retail.
Boat price is a dollar less, usually.

Wish we could trade our chicken for your Lobby...
Whole chickens 5 fifty lb. the very best..5 lb roasters...
French culinary type meat chicken farm raised organically...
Whiting

Hips and legs stiff and sore. Last few weeks floated 100 river miles. Wife's canna salve works wonders. Pain and soreness reduced by 75% at least..

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
View attachment 721502
Friend who is a fishing guide in the gorge told me of a trip in the canyon during high water.
He got ejected from raft and rode several hundred yards in white water. Says he will never do it again during the high water season..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom